The right time

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Jaiyannah
When do you think the right time to have a baby shower? Is there really a right time to celebrate the birth of a child? i think i child period is a celebration in itself.

For my first baby i had it when i was 5 months but when he died i didnt have nothing to do with his things like pampers bottles etc so i gave it to people that needed it more than i did.
July 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i think 2 months prior to edd is good

<3

<3
July 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
^ I agree, and also I love your new(?) sig.

July 8th, 2011, 11:07 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
^ditto the 2 months prior.

My sister wants to have one for me since she didn't get to plan the last one and I already told her it needs to happen prior to me being 34 weeks. My daughter was born two days after the shower for her at 34 weeks so I feel like that is pushing it this time.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah since there are so many holidays before our due dates I figured at the beginning of November is a good time.

July 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My Mom & mother-in-law threw baby showers for my first I think about 3/4 months prior to my due date because it was in the summer. Then nobody gave me one on my second because my Mom said it wasn't normal to have one with the second child. Do you all feel this way? It has been awhile in between this pregnancy and the birth of my second son and I gave most of my stuff away so I'd like to have one for this child.

July 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Veteran
I am thinking because of all the Holidays in December and the end of November, the beginning of November is a good time..but that's only because I'm due in the beginning of January. If i wasn't due till late January, you could have one in the beginning of January if you want to wait that long!
July 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I were to have one I would like it to be about 2 months before the baby was due. I think doing it too early doesn't make much sense.

If by chance I do have a shower I will be happy. I would like to celebrate this little life. With my last pregnancy we had just started to plan on having a shower. My best friend was going to throw it for me. I never had a shower with my friends from home so it was exciting. But that never got to happen

If someone doesn't have a shower for us, I think we will do a welcome baby party after the baby is born to celebrate his/her life

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
id say 2 months before DD.
July 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM
ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis's Avatar missing our 1st miracle
Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis
We are going to do mine the first Saturday in November. We will be far enough along to know what we are having, but it won't be too close to the holidays.

7/11/2011 - Our First Miracle Grew Wings at 11 weeks & 3 days.
(You will be in our hearts forever & ever baby love)

-With God, All things are possible.. Matthew 19:26 ♥
-Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ♥

July 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if I have one (I'm very doubtful, my bridal shower was a nightmare, poorly planned and a surprise for me which I HATED) I want it before the holidays, I just want to make it easier on people.

If I don't get one, I'm planning a welcome baby party.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search