Odd Food Combos?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Veteran
I haven't had any specific "OMG. Those would be delicious together!" food combo cravings yet...but apparently, I like weird combinations of food even when I'm not pregnant. Now, preggo, I want salty foods...which is counter to what I usually crave (sweets!!).

So what about you? Any weird food combos you love (or loved) when pregnant or...just love in general? Here are my "Non-Pregnant Food Combos I Heart:"

Honey with French fries (instead of ketchup) and chicken and drizzled over rice...I love honey. It's like my ketchup.
Frozen chocolate chip cookies (as in: they come out of the oven and go straight into the freezer. Yum)
Ketchup and Kraft macaroni and cheese
Wendy's Fries dipped into a frosty (my mom's pregnancy craving with me)
July 18th, 2011, 08:30 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Ketchup on eggs.

Chili cheese tots, with ranch + pickles + onions.

Frozen pickle juice popsicles.

Fries in mayo.

July 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I put Dijon mustard on everything, mashed and baked potatoes, Kraft dinner, rice everything lol

I have also been obsessed with bananas with peanut butter smeared all over them
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

July 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
OMG I FORGOT THAT I HAD PEANUT BUTTER!! haha... now I have to eat some. lol

July 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I love peanut butter it is the only thing really I can eat when my HG is acting up
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

July 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My step mom looked at me cross-eyed when I had chocolate milk with my spaghetti. I think that is perfectly normal! Dh thought I was weird that I have been eating peanut butter sandwiches with banana and chocolate syrup, and then thought it was more weird that I complained that we didn't have any bacon to add to it. I thought it was relatively normal. Okay maybe not the bacon part.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 18th, 2011, 11:22 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spaghetti with Cheese Doritos...YUM!
Mashed Potatoes with Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce
I am really not liking sweets as all but I do love some hot cocoa.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

July 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I want orange juice and chips a lot also mustard and chilli on anything with the boys I craved sweet stuff this go around it depends on how I feel 95% of the time I feel miserable and don't want to eat but make myself.... I eat ranch on everything and dip fries in vanilla shakes when I'm not pg, but a lot of people think I'm weird for those haha also this time I love olive gardens Italian dressing and when we go there I soak everything in it lol I would just drink it if I knew no one would look at me like I'm crazy haha but really right now I'm not having many cravings besides oreos and chips and that's just because it doesn't make me sick and doesn't have a strong smell.....also with the boys I love peanut butter sandwiches with grape jelly, syrup, and marshmallow creme and I normally hate peanut butter but I ate one everyday lol I also craved braums breakfast like crazy with my first I'd make my appts in the morning just so I could eat there before hand lol

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by BSandDsMommy; July 18th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
July 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
hoping4more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmygirls View Post
I put Dijon mustard on everything, mashed and baked potatoes, Kraft dinner, rice everything lol

I have also been obsessed with bananas with peanut butter smeared all over them
had the banana smeared with peanut butter last night!
I also like ketchup on my eggs

I can't really eat any sweets right now, I'm not big on sweets anyways. I was just at the grovery store and the ice cream section made me want to hurl!

I'm living off of fruit and veggies!
July 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I haven't had any weird combination cravings, but for the first time during pregnancy, I craved pickles. I love peanut butter, banana, and marshmallow fluff. YUM!

Last pregnancy, I put broken up reeces cups in tropical fruit salad (kiwis, strawberries, pineapple and grapes).

July 18th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I am dying over the pickle juice popsicles over here! Ah, the things we pregnant women will eat.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

July 18th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
I too love to dip the salty fries in the Wendy's frosty, as well as fried chicken with honey, and that is while not pregnant. I also love to have tomato, cheese and mayo sandwiches on cheap white bread. I haven't had any strange food combo cravings while pregnant though.

July 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i thought i ate weird!!

I do love ketchup on eggs...always. I used to eat carrots with mustard. I do love mustard. the pickle juice popsicle almost made me

I never ate anything super weird with tyler, except for ONE time...and i don't think i'm gonna live it down. I made a tuna, pickle, pasta & chickpea surprise. I don't even remember what all i put in it, all i know is my poor DH ate it and talked about how weird i was the whole time. I ate it too, but after the fact i was like WTH?!?!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 18th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karbear33 View Post
Ok, I am dying over the pickle juice popsicles over here! Ah, the things we pregnant women will eat.
Oh, I've been addicted to those for years. lol. Long before baby. All of mine were pre-baby cravings. Haven't craved anything weird yet.

July 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I have been putting dill pickle chips on ruffles chips lastnight and today, and it is so good!!!!!!! I also were wrapping them around my fries lastnight lol

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
I never ate anything super weird with tyler, except for ONE time...and i don't think i'm gonna live it down. I made a tuna, pickle, pasta & chickpea surprise. I don't even remember what all i put in it, all i know is my poor DH ate it and talked about how weird i was the whole time. I ate it too, but after the fact i was like WTH?!?!!
Bahahahaha! My husband is trying to get the baby to sleep and I just work her up laughing at this. That's hilarious

July 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
omg everything sounds so good! Ive been craving homemade chocolate malts, and ive also been craving mustard with i normally dont even like!
July 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I love Pickles and Reese Yummy! It is a pregnancy things. Me being odd not pregnant PB&J and I put Salt and Vinegar chips on it. I'm odd.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
July 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueFeb2012 View Post
Oh, I've been addicted to those for years. lol. Long before baby. All of mine were pre-baby cravings. Haven't craved anything weird yet.
Really? I love some pickles, but I never would have even imagined making popsicles out of the juice. Sweet pickles or dill pickles? Do you just eat it by itself? I don't think it is up my alley, but very interesting. Totally sounds like a stereotypical preggo food.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

July 19th, 2011, 06:10 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The pickle juice popsicles are great. My DD and I made some of those when I was pregnant with my now 6 year old. My brothers girlfriend came over and got one thinking it was lemonade or something and about threw up in the sink. It was so funny!
I dot think i could stomache them now though.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

Tags
first trimester , food cravings , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search