Where is My Energy?! (mini pity party)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Veteran
I used to work out around 5 times a week with plenty of energy to spare. Now? I'm lucky if it's 2 or 3 times a week and the level of "workout" I'm getting is sluggish and miserable - it's a challenge just to THINK about working out, much less actually doing it.

I said I would be one of those women who worked out throughout her entire pregnancy, all the way up to the day before I delivered, gained only the recommended amount of weight and had an easy delivery. In reality? I'd rather sit on the couch and sleep all day - even after at least 8 hours of sleep at night.

Does your energy level really get better in the 2nd trimester? I hope so...3ish weeks to go...

End pity party.
July 20th, 2011, 07:27 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I'm with ya. I used to run several times a week and stopped once I got pregnant, I just didn't want to take any chances. Instead, I said I would walk every day. My mom and I usually walk during lunch (we work together), but it's been so hot we haven't been able to. And once I am home I have zero energy, all I want to do is lay down. I really wish this heat would let up!
July 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
I promise it will get better. I too have no energy and didnt with DD either but it was like as soon as that 2nd tri hit I felt tons better and was back to normal so to speak Chin up were almost there!!

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

July 20th, 2011, 07:57 AM
momma2kacie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldmom View Post
I said I would be one of those women who worked out throughout her entire pregnancy, all the way up to the day before I delivered, gained only the recommended amount of weight and had an easy delivery. In reality? I'd rather sit on the couch and sleep all day - even after at least 8 hours of sleep at night.
I said the same thing! I had just started running again after my m/c and had ran my first 5k again when I got pregnant. I said that I was gonna keep going till at least the 2nd trimester. Well, I couldn't even get off the couch barely for a few weeks so there went that idea
Now I am starting to get a little energy again but I am so out of running shape I am afraid to start again. Guess I could walk....
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

July 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
hoping4more
same here! 6 days a week i was working out... that hasnt happened in a while. im thinking about starting again now im feeling better, but im have zero energy, and 3 kids to watch all during the day! I try and take walks with them.
July 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I still find the energy to run after the kids and that requires a nap but I take zofran and it is crazy for fatigue so I get swept up by it at times throughout the day

The second tri wind is great and helps lots
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

July 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here. I walked everywhere and did yoga at least a couple times a week. I can barely motivate myself to clean the house now. Actually, I haven't folded the laundry yet

I hope it gets better soon.
July 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Veteran
I'm so glad I'm not alone! I keep telling my husband I feel like such a slug...and his retort is, "You're making a baby!!"

I know he's right...but, still!

Cheers to the impending 2nd tri!

Tags
first trimester , pregnancy , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search