OB appt! Need help...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
My 16 week appt was today! Almost had a heat stroke getting there yuck. My weight was 157...I've only gained 5 pounds since I found out I was pregnant YAY!!! I was scared! Bp was 134/72 I think it was a little high because I was super hot and nervous. Listened to the heartbeat

I have a yeast infection Ugh hormones! This really sucks because my husband is going underway again really soon I forgot to ask...is it ok to have sex when you have one? Can he get it?

Last edited by Mrs. Harris; July 21st, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
July 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Yay for a good appt. Its so great to hear the heart beat. And only 5 lbs is great! As for advice on the yeast infection, I have no idea. Im sorry.
July 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Just found this off a website

Yeast Infection: Putting Sexual Activity on Hold

Even though you may not feel your sexiest when you have a yeast infection, there’s no medical reason not to engage in safe sex. Keep in mind though that the vaginal itching and burning associated with yeast infections may make sex uncomfortable.

From Here

Is It Safe to Have Sex With a Yeast Infection? - Yeast Infection Center - EverydayHealth.com

July 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Actually...I would put it off, just in case. My brother and SIL went through this...she had a yeast infection but didn't know it, they were together and he caught it. But the thing is, most of the time there are no signs of infection in a guy. So when she realized she had one, she treated it and was good. Then after being together again, it was back. After this happening a few times she went to the doc and it turned out, my brother needed antibiotics to cure him of it otherwise they'd just keep passing it back and forth.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
^ I didn't know that could happen! TFS!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Ryan and I passed one back and forth for awhile too. Start treating as you would and even have him treat with an antifungal(nystatin or even a foot cream or the stuff that comes with the treatments for us) for a day or two and then resume dtd with him treating after dtd. It worked for us eventually!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 22nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
McBaby's Avatar :)
No sex, besides it won't feel good when you're itching down there.

July 22nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
^ I've had sex with a Y infection and it still felt good

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
No way we could not do it since he's about to leave for a long time We did it this morning and it still felt good...it's not a bad one at all.
July 22nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
The only real concern (mostly for you) is passing it back and forth. If the symptoms aren't to bad for you and it's still pleasurable, then go for it! Especially if he's going to be gone a while!!

Did your doc give you anything for it or can we have diflucan while pregnant?
July 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
I have to use the stupid nasty cream But at least its only a 3 day treatment. I asked for diflucan but she said its not as effective and they don't know if its safe during pregnancy
July 22nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you had a good appointment!

Don't yeast infections suck? I haven't had one in a long time but I used to get at least 2 or 3 a year. It was AWFUL. Diflucan is the only thing that works for me so I have my fingers crossed that I don't get one until after baby is born (or ever, for that matter). I've heard you can't take it while pregnant. If your DH is going away for a while it should be fine to have sex since he probably won't pass it back to you when he returns. DH and I have passed one back and forth before but we were together much more frequently than that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search