Rate this baby item - Bebe Bottle Sling

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Rate the Bebe Bottle Sling
10 - Bouncy seat for soothing, Bebe Bottle Sling for feeding. I also intend to use a hose after diaper changes. As little physical contact as possible, please. 0 0%
7 - Sometimes my arms get tired. Some baby is hungry but doesn't want to be held. This might not be necessary, but it isn't THAT weird. 3 8.82%
4 - People, hold your babies. They want it! They need it! Bottle sling as LAST RESORT ONLY. 19 55.88%
0 - I would never use this product, and I will totally judge you if you do. 10 29.41%
~Other~ 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bebe Bottle Sling
$20

nursing, maternity, postpartum, motherhood momscocoon.com
Quote:
Hands free baby bottle holder for feeding - including twins and triplets!
Baby Bottle Holders | Teach to Hold Baby Bottle
Quote:
The Bebe Bottle Sling is the only baby bottle holder on the market with its unique suspended design. Other baby bottle holders or hands free baby bottles can't compare to the bottle sling. Have you ever needed an extra hand bottle feeding your baby (or babies if you have twins, triplets, or multiples) but became frustrated propping the baby bottle with pillows or toys that never stayed in position?

T
Quote:
he Bebe Bottle Sling is designed to hang from any infant car seat handle while holding the baby bottle at the correct position for hands free bottle feeding.Not only will it help the parent, but it’s a cute toy that can teach the baby how to hold the baby bottle on their own. Stop using bottle props or proppers that you don’t want the infant to play with because you will be constantly repositioning the baby bottle.Use a baby bottle holder that the baby is encouraged to grab and play with because it helps them develop the hand eye coordination needed to feed themselves while entertaining the baby and helping the parent.

Most of us have never had twins or triplets (Though some of us have. Please chime in!), but what gets me about this marketing for this product is that moms of multiples are not the primary target. They are added as an afterthought, as indicated by my accusatory use of italics and green, above.

I certainly couldn't comment on the usefulness of a product like this for moms of multiples. (Actually, I will comment briefly: I imagine it could be an incredible lifesaver!) But for moms of singletons, who apparently are the target demographic for the Bebe Bottle Sling...Seriously? Just what baby needs - MORE time in the car seat. Less personal connection between baby and caregiver during feeding times. And yes, by all means, let's turn bottles into TOYS.

Rate the Bebe Bottle Sling (as far as its use for single babies).

(Single, that is, as opposed to multiples. I'm not implying that it might be useful for married babies.)

July 22nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkli View Post
(Single, that is, as opposed to multiples. I'm not implying that it might be useful for married babies.)

For single babies, honestly this product makes me uncomfortable.

I was always under the impression that babies who are not able to hold their own bottles should not be left unattended. I also would have thought they could be a choking hazard. If bubs cant push the bottle out of their mouth themselves, also that bubs are in their car seat whilst using it. That means they need to be put in their car seat to be fed, as it certainly cant be used whilst driving.
July 22nd, 2011, 05:25 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
I agree for single babies it should not be used.

July 22nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh - no way! Feeding is a time to bond with your baby. Even with twins (a ton of my friends have had twins over the last 4-6 years) there are ways to use a boppy pillow to prop both twins up with mommy/daddy at the same time so you are still feeding them yourself. I wouldn't say never for moms of multiples, but never with a single.

July 22nd, 2011, 05:46 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Nope.... that is just weird to me. It reminds me of the pacifier-holder-in-mouth contraption that basically looks like a baby gag.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 22nd, 2011, 07:00 AM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBee View Post
Ugh - no way! Feeding is a time to bond with your baby. I wouldn't say never for moms of multiples, but never with a single.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

July 22nd, 2011, 07:05 AM
Veteran
This exactly is my hugest pet peeve about SOME ff moms. (Note I said some, and this only applies to the ones that leave their baby wherever to drink every bottle by themself.) Just because you decide not to bf does not mean that your baby does not need that bonding time that comes when you snuggle them while they eat. I have seen sooo many moms that start out holding their baby for feedings and then as soon as he/she is old enough to hold their own bottle, they get every feeding on the floor/swing/bouncy seat while holding their own bottle. And now there's a product designed to allow even younger babies to feed/choke themselves?!? Ridiculous.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 22nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
so needless to say, no one has ever bottle propped an older infant?

looks like the majority is uber judgemental. wow. good job.
July 22nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I put 4. I am really against this for singletons but for multiples I can see the need and that is only on occasion. I would never use it personally.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
i wouldnt use it, it looks kinda weird to me.

i actually propped a bottle with justin when he was around 4-5mths because i was in school and he would be screaming for a bottle while i was trying to do homework or study for a test.
July 22nd, 2011, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not sure it is a behavior indicative FF moms, I think that it is easy to point the finger at those who choose not to bf and say that FF moms are not as loving, nurturing, caring or whatever. It is probably more of an indictment on the individual person. They are probably the type to put more time and money into the appearance of the baby and use it as a substitute for a toy dog than treat it as a child and you know...bond with it.

But, anyway...I think the daily item is rather ridiculous and potentially dangerous.
July 22nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Brittany~*~ View Post
i wouldnt use it, it looks kinda weird to me.

i actually propped a bottle with justin when he was around 4-5mths because i was in school and he would be screaming for a bottle while i was trying to do homework or study for a test.
^^^ This is exactly why I picked #4. You can easily use this item while sitting there with your child to watch him/her, but it leaves your hands free for those times when a deadline of some sort, for work or school, looms ahead of you.

While I think this is a horrid idea for regular or even semi-regular use, I can definitely see it being handy every now and again when you HAVE to get something done. Because we all know, that as important as babies are, working for a paycheck to feed them is important too, so sometimes, you just have to get stuff done.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't use it personally, but I could see where it might be useful for multiples.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 22nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie1975 View Post
I am not sure it is a behavior indicative FF moms,
Definitely not. Bottles don't always have formula in them. Plenty of breastfeeding moms pump and use bottles.

Also, older babies often drink other liquids out of bottles.

I could see this becoming a bottle propping debate (though I hope it doesn't - these polls are meant in good fun!), but I don't think it translates into a breastfeeding/formula feeding debate.

July 22nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Because we all know, that as important as babies are, working for a paycheck to feed them is important too, so sometimes, you just have to get stuff done.
This^. I'm going to have to start growing a thick skin, knowing that so many people will be judging me when I'm trying to soothe/feed/playwith/transport/hold/hug/cuddle/livewith my baby. Yowzer, lol!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 22nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't totally sure how to answer. The first option was hilariously sarcastic. Which fits me. Kind of makes me think of a hamster cage with the little water bottle that hangs and they can suck at will.

I totally see it being useful for multiples. I wouldn't use it though.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
i think this sling thing makes it too easy to just hang the bottle and go. i think it might be too tempting for some people, heck idk.
July 22nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would not use it...pick that poor baby up and hold him/her. Plus, what happens when the bottle comes out of its mouth and starts squirting milk all in it's face.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 22nd, 2011, 08:06 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would really worry about people using it in the car

Plus, babies should NOT be left in the carseat outside of the car since this is a way many babies die of asphyxiation. A product like this makes it more likely the a very young baby will spend too much time in the seat.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 22nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I've bottle propped or had Eli hold his own bottle plenty of times, but I still wouldn't buy this because it just seems dangerous to me to hold it IN their mouth and in front of their face.
I know we don't want to turn this into a debate and I HOPE this statement doesn't, but I must defend the bottle proppers and others out there like me....
I breastfed Eli for 9 months before my supply went away and that wasn't our bonding time. There were moments that it WAS, but the majority of time it wasn't. Most of the time I didn't like breastfeeding. Our bonding time was when I was rocking him to sleep or cuddling with him. Just because you bottle prop every once in a while doesn't mean you are a heartless worm

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search