We're Expecting Cards?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
So I was thinking since I am already pretty much showing that I wanted to go get pictures taking at like Sears or something and send out We're Expecting Cards. Whats your take on this?
July 22nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally think it's a great idea! People announce their engagements as well as sending out stuff for their weddings, so why not announce your pregnancy as well!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I'm not a fan of the idea. It's tacky in the same vein as sending out engagement announcements that aren't wedding invitations.

That said, I am sending my parents a silly little baby-related gift in the mail to "announce" my pregnancy, but it's only because I'm too terrified to tell them in person. I'm well aware that it's not in great taste, and I would prefer to do it over the phone or in person if I felt comfortable.

July 22nd, 2011, 02:50 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
but it's only because I'm too terrified to tell them in person..

Thats the reason I want to send out cards. I am way to scared.
July 22nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I think that if you tell a few "key" people (the most important ones and a couple of notorious gossips), they can take care of telling everyone else for you. That's what I'm counting on!

July 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
If that's how you feel most comfortable letting the world know, then I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds kind of cute actually!
July 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a cute idea. If you're worried that people will react badly I think a card would work well. You can write a letter/note inside so it doesn't seem too impersonal. That way your family can let the news sink in and get over their initial reactions if they're negative before you have to see them in person. However, I hope that they surprise you and are happy and excited!

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

July 22nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Im going to be honest, I think its completely inpersonal and dont like the idea. Its almost as "cold" as sending out a mass-text letting everyone know. I didnt have a problem telling anyone (other than the in-laws) and I cant relate to being scared so maybe that is why I have a negative reaction to the idea. Regardless of my opinion I think everyone will be happy, after the initial shock.
July 22nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I think it's cute and if I ever got a card like that I would like it.
July 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i dont see anything wrong with it. I personally only told family in person/over the phone (depending on how far away they live). Friends all found out through a post on facebook. I was so sick that i hadnt seen anyone in months and didnt really plan on seeing anyone anytime soon. I know that after we told our parents and sibs they spread the news to all of the other family members by word of mouth. Any close friends I would have told in person.
DD born 1/3/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search