Headaches?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never get headaches, but I have gotten one everyday for the past few days! It hurts in my ears and wraps around the back of my head. It's not like a headache that I have ever had before, but they have all been the same.

Is it ok to take Tylenol daily when I have these? I am pretty leery of taking it often and I usually try to get by without any, but I just can't take these anymore. I have taken tylenol once a day for the past two or three days.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I been having the same problem and when I went for the check up I told the ob and he said I can take it everyday.

July 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, you can take it safely every day as long as you don't exceed the dosing instructions per the 24 hour period thing (it should be on the bottle.). My doctor also told me that a little caffiene with the Tylenol will help a lot more. Just don't drink coke with it. Drinking coke while taking Tylenol can cause liver damage.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree you can take it everyday. That stinks your getting headaches everyday. Did you get them with Bella?

July 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megp View Post
Did you get them with Bella?
Not that I remember. :/ I hope that I stop getting them soon. I hate headaches.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 22nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthGirl View Post
Yes, you can take it safely every day as long as you don't exceed the dosing instructions per the 24 hour period thing (it should be on the bottle.). My doctor also told me that a little caffiene with the Tylenol will help a lot more. Just don't drink coke with it. Drinking coke while taking Tylenol can cause liver damage.
A study i found said nothing about caffeine.. taking it 14 days in a row at the maximum daily dose will do it. My doctor said half a can of soda is fine with tylenol.

How To Protect Yourself Against Liver Damage
July 5th, 2006 edition of the Journal of the American Medical Association
July 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
I have one going myself. My doc said they are pretty common in the second trimester though. I sure hope that's not the case for either of us!

July 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
I have been getting headaches everyday for the past few weeks. I tried tylanol a few times and it did nothing for me. I am pretty miserable.. I have started to take my daily vitamins again I have been slacking on them just in case my headaches are caused by low iron..I hope they pass soon

July 22nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
A study i found said nothing about caffeine.. taking it 14 days in a row at the maximum daily dose will do it. My doctor said half a can of soda is fine with tylenol.

How To Protect Yourself Against Liver Damage
July 5th, 2006 edition of the Journal of the American Medical Association
Trust me, it's true. It was found out a very long time ago...about 30 years ago in fact.

July 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
Anna, not fun and I can relate. So far I've struggled through with pain killers as DH is quite suspect about taking them for anything that might be regular/recurring.

After reading a few of the posts though, think I might be reaching for the Tylenol!

Having said that, half a cup of coffee has done the trick some of the time!

July 22nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iritee View Post
I have been getting headaches everyday for the past few weeks. I tried tylanol a few times and it did nothing for me. I am pretty miserable.. I have started to take my daily vitamins again I have been slacking on them just in case my headaches are caused by low iron..I hope they pass soon
Have you tried caffeine either with the Tylenol or just by itself? That tends to help my headache a lot and I don't need a lot of caffeine either. Just a little will usually help the headache retreat.

July 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine have been getting to bad they have prescribed me Tylenol three, which I take in only unbearable pain.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i go through tylenal like crazy, its sad.
July 22nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was gonna post the same thing!! I've had a headache every day for about 5 days now. It's getting really annoying! I remember having the same thing with my dd too....almost every day for like a month! ***. I have to take tylenol every day lately and that doesn't even work half the time. This heat is not helping either.

What actually has seemed to help a bit is to drink coffee....or a double iced espresso from starbucks It didn't used to work on me when I drank coffee every day, but since I've pretty much quit it seems more effective now.

July 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had really bad headaches with my son , this one I had a few times! Nothing works for me but trying to sleep it off with a cold wash cloth on my forehead. I hope they go away for you soon! I know how painful they are they were the worst for me =(

July 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Caffeine works with tylenol works!! That's why excedrin is so good, its because it contains caffeine. So it's not new news!

I have been getting the same thing Anna. I have been drinking 1/2-1 cup of coffee in the morning and then try to drink a TON of water! If its hot near you then that is probably not helping. I think mine are a combination of dehydration and heat.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I just started getting headaches this past week. I very rarely get headaches. I thought it was because I'm not sleeping well, but I wonder if it is more due to the second trimester. I had no idea about Tylenol and soda. I'm not drinking caffeine now, but when I'm not pregnant I wouldn't have thought twice about combining the two. Good to know

July 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope the Tylenol helps! I get migraines so I can totally relate. Hope they go away soon. It's so hard being prego, feeling crappy and having to take care of a LO. (((Hugs)))

July 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I also get headaches since I've been pregnant (I feel like it's worse this trimester, tho!). My midwife mentioned that sometimes we increase our calcium intake but our magnesium stays the same and I should try a magnesium supplement before reaching for the Tylenol. I have NOT taken that advice (taking Tylenol, which I already have, is SO much easier than making the effort to go to the store), but maybe it might be worth a try. Good luck! Headaches stink!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search