Winnie the Pooh - Update in OP

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to take Bella to see Winnie the Pooh movie tomorrow. She has never been to the movies, but she has gotten really into things like wonder pets lately. She saw a preview that the Winnie the Pooh movie today and settled down because I guess she though it was coming on and got really upset when the preview ended.

I'm pretty excited.

Update

What the heck was I thinking!!! HAHA....Epic Fail!

I can say that Bella did great through the 35 minutes of previews (do they really have to be that long for a kids movie??), and then there was a mini movie about the Locness(sp?) Monster that we made it though, and FINALLY Winnie the Pooh started and we made it a whole 15 minutes or so...Then she was D.O.N.E.

So we left. Next time (if there is a next time any time soon), we will get there about 30 minutes late so miss the previews. I was thinking this time that we needed to get there on time to have a seat close to the exit so if she needed to leave we could w/out disturbing anyone.

I think she could have made it if we skipped the previews and mini movie. I hate that we spent all that money on watching what will be coming out soon. Oh well, it was an experience!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!

Last edited by -Anna-; July 23rd, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
July 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww I wish I could take Madison but she would never sit still that long. Let me know how she does and how the movie was!!

July 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
Bella is just now getting to where she will sit down and watch something. I'm not sure that we will make it the whole movie, but we are going to try. I'll let you know how it goes.

If she starts to disturb others, than we will leave.

July 22nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure if they do it where you are but my hubby was telling me awhile ago there are movie times for moms to take the little one so if they get loud or what not they don't disturb other people. He could be losing his mind when he told me who knows

July 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corilyn View Post
I'm not sure if they do it where you are but my hubby was telling me awhile ago there are movie times for moms to take the little one so if they get loud or what not they don't disturb other people. He could be losing his mind when he told me who knows
I have heard of that, and I wish we had that here, but we live in the sticks...

July 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
id love to take dd to see it but no way am i taking ds with because he would never sit through it and hubby works all the time
July 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Aww yay!! Movies can be so fun for little ones! I took Leila and Owen, who is just a couple months older than Bella, to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and then Cars 2 recently. Owen did pretty good for both! Best thing is to be super prepared ahead of time. Pack lots of new and exciting snacks, a sippy cup or two, and even a couple small quiet toys to play with and maybe even get some snacks from the theater that she wouldn't have normally. If she gets restless but was watching the movie just get up and let her walk around outside for a bit and go back in. I think kids should be exposed to those things when interested!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 22nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kayley was about her age our first movie. She got bored with it half way thru.
Is Bella still in diapers or pull ups? If so that'd help. If not be prepared to get up a lot. Lol. Kayley leaves the theater atleast 3 times to go potty.

July 22nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyo727 View Post
Kayley was about her age our first movie. She got bored with it half way thru.
Is Bella still in diapers or pull ups? If so that'd help. If not be prepared to get up a lot. Lol. Kayley leaves the theater atleast 3 times to go potty.
yea, I am prepared to not stay the whole time. She has been completely naked the past three days and we have been working on potty training. I am amazed at her ability to hold it!! We have not had any success w/ the potty yet, but she is getting the concept. But, when we go, I will but a diaper on her.

July 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope the movies goes well! I am sure she will love the movie. =) I have yet to take my son to the movies but he does not like sitting down for a long time only for his 30 minute Disney shows.

July 22nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I hope she enjoys it enough to stay. Good luck with the potty training too! =)

July 23rd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Winnie the Pooh is a great first movie because it's only an hour long - which seems really short for a movie but would be great for someone Bella's age. My son saw his first movie just before he turned 3 and loves it. He's a very active child but can always sit through a movie as it is just far more exciting than watching tv.

Quote:
They do this by me, or at least used to - it was called Reel Moms. But this was really for moms of infants - they would show movies geared towards adults, not the kids, but no one minded a crying baby. I went once when my son was very little and he slept through it but the movies weren't appropriate for kids who could pay attention.

July 23rd, 2011, 05:19 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
We take Bailey quite a bit. Her first movie at the theatre was Princess and The Frog and I can't remember how old that made her. The more you go, the easier it gets.

My mom took Bailey to see this and they really liked it. However, she said that the pace of the movie was a lot slower than kids are used to cartoons/movies running these days and therefore I can see where she might get bored.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Update in OP

July 23rd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Well at least you tried!! They do show tons of previews I forgot about that part. I know this is a weird question but did you have to pay for her?

July 23rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. You tried. Does your theatre offer kids showings? Some do and.there are no previews

If you did pay, I would complain about the previews and you should get your money back
July 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Yea, we had to pay but I don't mind. She had fun while she was there...She got to share popcorn with her daddy and she enjoyed the different previews (even if I thought they were too much). She didn't know any different. LOL

July 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
I was asking because you know the zoo and water parks ect... It's free under 2 lol sorry I just had to know. I'm glad she had fun that's priceless

July 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
sorry it didnt go so well but thats a pretty good time for a kid that young to last..i never understand either why they have previews and mini movies for kids movies. LOL
July 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
I was asking because you know the zoo and water parks ect... It's free under 2 lol sorry I just had to know. I'm glad she had fun that's priceless
Nevermind...DH said that we didn't have to pay for her. I just asked him...So, that's good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search