Do you have a "work husband" or guy BFF?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tons of Guy bff's. I get along with guys better thanks to having all brothers. lol
How'd you meet? School and college.
Do they and SO see eye-to-eye? Partially. SO doesn't love it but he tolerates it. lol. He only mentions it when we get in big arguements.
What do you do together? Mostly just text and talk. I don't hang out with friends much.
Are they a great listener/talker? Very!! Better than girls I think. And they tell it how it is which I usually need. lol.

July 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. My husband is my work husband (because we work together) and my BFF.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 22nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Haha, yes! I can't stand when people beat around the bush, after so many years of straight talk! After 24yrs of straight talk, I sometimes forget to sugar-coat for people, though
hahaha me too! I think I did it on here once and ticked ppl off. Something to get use too.

July 23rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to have a guy BFF. We were really close. Honestly, I really miss our friendship. But I think we relied on eachother as eachother's S/O, emotionally at least. We met in HS and dated for two seconds, but we didn't last. I was really close to his family, his mom actually introducing me at family functions as his girlfriend!

But then we both started dating who turned out to be the people we would marry at the same time. I think since we had someone else we were then emotionally close to, it just made our friendship awkward. We haven't talked much at all in the last several years. He called me once as he sat out front of the jewelry store before he bought his GF an engagement ring. It broke my heart that we were moving on in a way.

My DH thinks that he wanted to be with me and I was just oblivious. Maybe he is right.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I have one really close guy friend that i've been close to for about 11 years now. we grew up together. yeah we dated in the beginning (around age 16 i guess) but it was too weird and didnt work (we started as bff's). we knew we shouldnt have taken it to any other level, and made the transition back to bffs before it ruined what we did have.

i still talk to him, but he's busy with 2 kids and a full time job LOL dh doesnt understand our friendship mostly because he's jealous and it bothers him that we slept together 10 years ago (rolls eyes). he's actually met my friend at a kids bday party. needless to say, he hung off my tits the whole time. it was embarrassing. dh knows that i wont tolerate him telling me who i can or cant be friends with, and that he will lose. i love dh very much, but he will NEVER pass orders on me. i lived that for 3 years with my ds's sperm donor, and i will NEVER do it again.

ok i got off on a tangeant but there it is LOL we met at the skating rink when i was 14 or 15 LOL

dh is convinced that guys and girls can never be just friends
July 23rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Nope, no WH here. To be honest, it wouldn't feel right to me to have that kind of a relationship with another man other than my husband. Not judging anyone else, it just wouldn't work for us. I do however, have several close girlfriends who I can share "women" things with that DH wouldn't necessarily want to hear about. And we have several couples friends, where we are friends with the husband and the wife. We only do things with them as couples though, or the guys together or the girls together. I guess even though we trust each other completely, we just don't want to put potential temptation into our relationship, and beyond that, we don't want anyone outside of our relationship to EVER wonder or question our fidelity to each other. Like I said, this is just how we've chosen to handle our marriage, I'm not saying other ways are wrong.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search