Rate this toddler item - Tinkle Targets

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Rate the Tinkle Targets
10 - Penises are wily and unpredictable. We've gotta train 'em young to shoot straight! 8 29.63%
7 - A good idea. Tinkle Targets might be a bit much, but a little encouragement in toilet training can only be a good thing. 7 25.93%
4 - Fun but frivolous. $10 for 30 is steep. If you make it this fun, the kid is going to want to pee 30 times in a single day. Toss a Goldfish cracker in the bowl, instead. 9 33.33%
1 - Pee is not meant to be fun. The bathroom is a serious place, indeed. What is wrong with you people? 2 7.41%
Other? 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today's "Rate This..." item is totally fun.

Tinkle Targets
$10 for 30 targets

Quote:
Who knew potty training could be so much fun? These floating targets not only encourage little boys to stand and go in the toilet, but also help them develop their aim! Made of biodegradable paper that's safe and flushable. Includes 30 targets with three different graphics.
Is this why dudes spend so much time on the pot? Because it's, like, a really primitive arcade game for them? I'm actually a little jealous and am considering marking my toilet bowl so that I have something to aim for, too. Although I could see that getting a little messy, especially if my girls start target practicing, too...

Rate it!

July 23rd, 2011, 07:49 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I put a 7. I don't have a boy, but I am potty training Bella right now and I would gladly do ANYTHING to get her to go in the potty!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i LOVE these! i think they are so cute! and who wouldnt want to pee on a rocketship LOL! i gave it a 10 bc penises are wiley and unpredictable

<3

<3
July 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is really cute!

July 23rd, 2011, 08:11 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
This one gets a 10 from me. If I were potty training a boy I would totally spend the money on these.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gave this a 10 as well! All because I can still remember the little picture that my friends mom had above the toilet in the bathroom. She said that when he was little, he son used to make THAT his target when he peed! So anything IN the bowl works for me. And yes, as all us preggies know, penises are most certainly wily and unpredictable.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
I grew up with brothers and this is genius IMO!!
July 23rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthGirl View Post
I gave this a 10 as well! All because I can still remember the little picture that my friends mom had above the toilet in the bathroom. She said that when he was little, he son used to make THAT his target when he peed! So anything IN the bowl works for me. And yes, as all us preggies know, penises are most certainly wily and unpredictable.
at all of this!

July 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is a much better idea than some of the other items we've voted on. Cheerios work just as well and are cheaper, but if you have a son with trouble aiming, this can certainly help a ton!

July 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
swippy's Avatar Veteran
I rated it a 7. Thats cute! I kinda want to drain the water and paint a target in the toilet...

July 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we just used cheerios for aiming practice. cheaper and easier my son thought that was fun.
DD born 1/3/12

July 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cheerios make for a moving target....not sure if that's a good thing or not. LOL

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I need to buy a pack of these for dh.......

<3

<3
July 23rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Brittany~*~ View Post
Ditto

I put a 4 because it is a cute idea but when you consider that kids pee several times a day that could get costly. The cheerios work just fine and yes they are a moving target but they never move out of the bowl.
July 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Brittany~*~ View Post

July 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
I like it! My DH was toilet trained with a ping pong ball (apparently they're so bouyant they don't flush, which am not sure if that's a good thing from a hygiene point of view or not!).

Could get pricey though, and cheerios/ping pong balls do the same job for a lot less money!

July 23rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I gave it a 4. I'm starting to potty train Josiah now, and if I used these, he would insist on them every single time he went to the bathroom, and I'd be in the poor house! Also, many little boys don't train standing up until closer to gradeschool... Josiah likes the idea of standing up like Daddy, but the couple of times we've tried, he hasn't been able to get his pee to come out! Then I plop him back down on the potty, and out it comes! So, it seems like these aren't so much a potty training item as a "stand up like a big boy" training item!! They're super cute

July 24th, 2011, 05:57 AM
As a mommy trying to potty train her almost 3 year old, I can see that these would be great fun. However, I couldn't justify the cost.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search