Name Change, Owen's done Nursing, and going to be MIA!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Big stuff going on in my world these days! First, Owen is done nursing!! He hasn't asked in 3 days now!! Well, one morning he asked but I had to go pee and he already had a poopy diaper. By the time we got that stuff taken care of he didn't ask again and I don't offer. So, I think the next time he asks I am going to tell him no. I know he is dry nursing anyway since my supply is gone! I nursed Leila all the way through his pregnancy but she was a lot more booby attached than he is. I am thrilled to have my boobs to myself for awhile(kind of...they are still bigger than they were so kind of alien!)!! I have been nursing for more than 3 1/2 years and am DONE!!! Pretty proud to have gotten to or gone past that 2 year old goal for both! So due to my no more nursing status my name has changed. DoubleBoobyDutyJen is now NOBoobyDutyJen.

Next, I will more than likely be MIA all week. My birth daughter, her mom, grandma, and aunt are coming from their state to visit HERE!!! I usually go visit them in their state since I grew up around there and have more family there. However, this time they are visiting me!!! I am so excited! (and nervous, anxious, happy, thrilled, worried). They are renting a beach house in a town nearby...it should be lots of fun for Olivia who is 12, Leila and Owen! Once we get our private board up I probably will post a couple of pics from the visit.

And last, my summer class ends this week and I am still behind. Whatever free time I have during their visit is going to have to go towards the homework! So Until the class is over I am likely to be pretty MIA.

See you guys on the other side of all this!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 23rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY. Sounds like some good memories will be made. AND your boobies are back lol. WOOHOO

July 23rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw your name change earlier and wondered what was up....and I will say, that I am ashamed because I have been reading your name wrong this whole time!! I thought it said, "DoubleBooTyDutyJen".... I was always like, How does she have two booties??

Sneaks away embarrassed!

So cool that your family is coming in!!! Have fun!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Huge congrats on the name change! Enjoy giving thos BBs about a 5 month break and yay for havinf your body to yourself! Amazing feeling isn't it?! You did an amazing job! Enjoy your family visit. We'll miss you!

July 23rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for no nursing! I recently cut Kate off because I just couldn't take it anymore! I did not make it to the two year mark, but I was only shooting until 1. I know I can't be committed longer than that. It was sad because I actually had to tell her no, she still wants to nurse if she sees me in the shower or something. I didn't have that problem with any of my other kids.

Good luck with your class and have fun with your birth daughter and family!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....

<3

<3
July 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay for the free boobs and seeing your daughter!! That's gotta be a really special time! Enjoy it and try not to let the evil homework get in your way!

July 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Getting to the two year mark with two is very impressive!! I hope the visit is wonderful and everyone has a great time! I'm excited to see pictures when you come back

July 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Yay for free (temporary) boobs! And I hope you have a wonderful visit, that's exciting!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

July 23rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on successfully finishing your nursing relationship with Owen! It sounds like you are ready to be done, but I do remember that being a bittersweet feeling. Enjoy those breasts now - at least for the next five months or so...

Also, I didn't realize that you had an ongoing relationship with your birth daughter. That's awesome! I hope you have a great visit with her and her family. I can't wait to hear about it. As an adopted kid, I love to hear about the relationships that other adoptees have with their biological parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Anna- View Post
....and I will say, that I am ashamed because I have been reading your name wrong this whole time!! I thought it said, "DoubleBooTyDutyJen"....
OMG, this would be WAY TMI.

July 24th, 2011, 07:42 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
ANNA!!! No two butts here, I can assure you!!

Yes, Karkli(what is your real name??), we have had a great relationship from day one. It was an open adoption and has been unbelievably fulfilling and freeing for all of us. We have approached it on a day by day basis where if anyone felt uncomfortable or as if they needed more that they could have it or we would talk about it. So far, it has been smooth!

Having a blast so far! She has gotten so tall!!!! She is taller than me now!! In October of just last year, so not even a year ago, she was my height!!! Now she is two inches taller! She is going to be a TALL girl!! Oh she made me cry when I first saw her because she is stunning! She has really grown into herself. I can't wait to share pics(in the private subforum only and even then I always question whether it was right...)

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 24th, 2011, 08:46 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am glad you are getting to spend time with your birth daughter! You were brave for giving her the life she needed and I think it is awesome you are rewarded with still sharing her life.

SWEET on the boob break!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 24th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Psalm139's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a successful weaning! Luke weaned himself this week after 16 1/2 months. I was a little sad b/c it was sort of sudden (he's been sick, and then I think my supply has been tapering due to pregnancy and me being sick too). Anyhow, glad you are free of duty for a little while and have some good times coming up this week!
Psalm 139:13-14 "For you [God] created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

July 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you have a wonderful week with your birth daughter! Also yay for being boob free for a little awhile.

July 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! Now I am blushing...I never thought of her name in THAT way. I honestly never really thought about it at all or I am sure I would have figured out that was not right!!!

I'm ashamed right now to be a reading teacher. I didn't use my context clues very well.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for having your bb's back, for awhile, before the next one gets here!

Enjoy your time with your dd, and good luck with your schooling!

July 25th, 2011, 08:36 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy cow, you have got a week on your hands! An awesome week though! Congratulations on having your boobies to yourself again and for seeing the end of the road as far as school is concerned. And I hope that you continue to have an amazing visit with your birth daughter! I love that you two have a good relationship and that you have been able to see her as she's grown up. Have you told her your news about the newest little one on board??

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 08:51 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Yay!! I know that can be soooo bittersweet! Congrats on making your goals! Now you get a few months reprieve!

Hope you have a blast this week and make some great memories.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have a great week!

Congrats on your BF journey. DD is showing no signs of weaning anytime soon so I think she will be going right through the pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search