Student moms!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I saw Jen ("Double Boobies" or not ) say in her update thread that she is taking a summer class. Do we have any other student mommies in our DDC?

What are you studying?

Are you working toward a degree?

How long have you been working on your current program?

When will you finish?

Are you taking summer classes? If not, when do you go back to school?

What are you studying? I'm studying Sociology.

Are you working toward a degree? Yep - my undergrad.

How long have you been working on your current program? It's been an insanely long, slooooow process. My first semester of college was Spring 2000, so it's been 11 and a half years!

When will you finish? If all goes according to plan (and it had better!), I will graduate in December.

Are you taking summer classes? If not, when do you go back to school? I took summer classes at the beginning of the summer, from May 16th to June 26th. Now, I am out for the rest of the summer and go back sometime around August 22nd.

July 23rd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are you studying? Leadership and community studies, it is a specialized degree at U of A, Tuscaloosa

Are you working toward a degree? Yes!

How long have you been working on your current program? Off and on since '94

When will you finish? Maybe next year

Are you taking summer classes? If not, when do you go back to school? I am taking 9 hours
July 23rd, 2011, 06:18 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I was when I found out I was pregnant, but about 7 or 8 weeks into the pregnancy I stopped. My employer cut the tuition reimbursement and I can't swing the tuition on my own right now. That said, I'm kind of happy, because I have nooo energy and probably won't do well

What are you studying? I was studying English as a Second Language

Are you working toward a degree? No, but a certification

How long have you been working on your current program? I was half way done.. hopefully I can pick it back up in a year or two and finish

When will you finish? Who knows!

Are you taking summer classes? If not, when do you go back to school? Nope.. not sure, we'll see if I get my tuition reimbursement back

Good luck to everyone currently taking classes. I think it's so tough taking classes while pregnant

July 23rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
What are you studying? I'm studying Nutrition

Are you working toward a degree? Yes working on my Master's

How long have you been working on your current program? about a year

When will you finish? God only knows..

Are you taking summer classes? If not, when do you go back to school? taking a break , going back next month!

July 23rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
What are you studying? Right now I am taking criminal justice, that class ends monday, and I start a busness law class wednesday.

Are you working toward a degree? Business admin. might change it to accounting. Who knows.

How long have you been working on your current program? Ive been going to school 3 years.

When will you finish? Mar. 2013. Seems SOOO far away!

Are you taking summer classes? If not, when do you go back to school? I go to school year round. The only break I get is if a holiday falls on a day I go to school, and 3 weeks for xmas and new years.
July 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
What are you studying? International development with poverty reduction.

Are you working toward a degree? Yep. Undergraduate degree.

How long have you been working on your current program? Since 2008.

When will you finish? October 14 - just 12 more weeks (not that I'm counting)!

Are you taking summer classes? It's distance learning, and currently have summer break so hoping to pretty much finish the bulk of the school work over the next 4 weeks.

Nice to know other mum's are studying as well - though I have to say that this forum doesn't always help with the motivation to study, too much going on and far more interesting!

July 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
I'm not in school yet, as the semester starts in August, but I will be a pregnant college student!

What are you studying? Medical Assisting

Are you working toward a degree? Yes!

How long have you been working on your current program? About to start.

When will you finish? In two years. I am getting an Associates.

Are you taking summer classes? I will be doing Spring classes if that counts, after this semester ends.

July 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
I'm in school right now for dental assisting and being pregnant has made it so much harder! Graduating this summer!!! It's a certificate program but I might go back later and get a degree in dental hygiene.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search