Weekend Chit-Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate how dead JM is on the weekends. I thought we could have a weekend chit-chat.

DH and I just caught up with Breaking Bad. I am ready for the next episode to come on. I have also found myself getting more excited about the baby lately. Even though we tried soooo hard for this baby, I had a really hard time connecting with the pregnancy in the beginning. I think that feeling better and starting to show/feel kicks has really helped with the bonding.

I am have also been getting a strong boy feeling lately.... Hum..

What's on everyone else's minds this weekend? Anything you want to share?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 23rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Victoria
I've also been getting a strong boy feeling. Whenever I talk about the baby I automatically use he, and have been for a week or two now. I wonder how often mother's instincts are usually right?!

I'm just happy that it's slightly cooler today than it has been this past week. Though the cause of the cooling,a huge 2 hour storm in the middle of the night, was not something I was happy with. On top of that, I woke up this morning and my husband asked how I was. I told him I was sleepy and achey from the storm disturbing my sleep.

His reply...

"What storm?"

Grrr, darn him and his ability to sleep through anything!!
July 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
^ I was 99.9% convinced with Bella that I has having a boy. I was wrong, wrong, wrong...So, I don't put too much into my instincts. hehe

July 23rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
I finally caved in and bought maternity clothes today. I didn't know DD's Discounts was so great for them! Lots of pants, shirts, bra's (thank YOU! my girls can breathe!), a sweater.. Yayyy.
I'm happy.

July 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought Madison was a boy too, I was so sure! This time I'm thinking girl and everyone keeps saying you need a boy which makes me kinda mad.

Oh my weekend is not going so well, my hubby has to go to his ex wife's house and fix her breaks and play with his son. It's makes me so mad!! Yay!

July 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I'm having such a "blah" day. My parents' reaction to my pregnancy kinda bummed me out, I'm upset about Amy Winehouse, and I've had a headache all day. I think I'm going to stop off on the way home to purchase and eat a box of butter tarts, so I don't have to deal with my jerk boyfriend and his bratty kid any more than absolutely necessary.

July 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Well I'm a little ticked with DH. He comes to me and says " you look about 6 months " . I got upset and then he gave me a sarcastic apology . Things have been tense since then.
July 23rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
My DH went to a garage sale this morning and bought a clarinet. Yes, you read that right....a clarinet. What the heck!!! Are we joining the middle school band? He payed a whopping $25 on it, too!

I just listed it on ebay and I am really hoping that I can get that money back. Otherwise, guess what instrument Bella will be playing in the middle school band!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anna, I love that your husband bought a clarinet at a garage sale! Seriously, this is exactly the kind of thing I would do.

I knew with both of my girls that they were girls, and they were girls. Then again, I had to be convinced by my DH that I was in labor with my first and I was CERTAIN that I was not pregnant up until 25 dpo with my second. So my instincts are iffy.

Today I wore a maternity top that says "Pregnant. Not fat." on the front. I went grocery stopping and an awful woman in Publix read my shirt out loud and then looked at me and said "Are you sure about that?"

Kill! Kill!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Omg I would have flipped out!! I can't believe people. Did you say anything?

July 23rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkli View Post
Today I wore a maternity top that says "Pregnant. Not fat." on the front. I went grocery stopping and an awful woman in Publix read my shirt out loud and then looked at me and said "Are you sure about that?"

Kill! Kill!
Holy Cow! Did you spit on her?!? I would have!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
I asked In a different post but what part of Florida? If you don't mind me asking..I'm from boca raton that comment reminded someone from there would say that! After I had Madison I went back to work and i waitress and this lady was like you need to lose weight before you have another one!!!

Anna you might make a lot of money selling it on ebay!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
OMG that is awful! What a jerk. Reminds me of an incident that my favorite blogger experienced earlier this week. As she described it:

"[I straight-up told] a strange old person at the mall that I hoped they would die soon after being prodded in the belly with a bony old person finger and being told that in their youth (the Crimean War? the Bronze Age? the Irish Potato Famine? when they were busily giving up their Jewish neighbors to the Gestapo?), they wouldn't have dreamed of being seen in public in my condition at all."

People are heinous!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corilyn View Post
Anna you might make a lot of money selling it on ebay!
He better hope so.

July 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would have slapped that woman. OMG.

Spent all day at the pool trying to get away from this ridiculous heat! Two birthday parties tomorrow - ds is excited but i just want a nap.

July 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I asked In a different post but what part of Florida? If you don't mind me asking..I'm from boca raton that comment reminded someone from there would say that!
I literally just laughed out loud. I'm in Delray and the Publix I was at is in Delray...but I suspect this woman was probably from Boca.

(Hi, neighbor!)

Honestly, I wish I was more of a confrontational person because people like that really deserve to be b****-slapped. But I'm not. I said "That's really rude." and walked away.

*sigh*

Since we're sharing stories of horrible things that people (specifically South Floridians) say...I got my hair cut when Charlotte was just a few weeks old and the stylist was making small talk while she was cutting my hair which was mostly about how she was so glad she had gotten a c-section because her vagina wasn't stretched out like mine probably was, and that it was okay that I still looked pregnant because I didn't have the baby with me and could just pretend that I was.

I kid you not.

Again, I was not confrontational enough to cause a scene. But I very passive-aggressively failed to tip her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
OMG that is awful! What a jerk. Reminds me of an incident that my favorite blogger experienced earlier this week. As she described it:

"[I straight-up told] a strange old person at the mall that I hoped they would die soon after being prodded in the belly with a bony old person finger and being told that in their youth (the Crimean War? the Bronze Age? the Irish Potato Famine? when they were busily giving up their Jewish neighbors to the Gestapo?), they wouldn't have dreamed of being seen in public in my condition at all."

People are heinous!
I am always looking for new blogs to peruse...Who is your favorite blogger? Do share!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Victoria
What on earth is wrong with some people!?
July 23rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkli View Post
Since we're sharing stories of horrible things that people (specifically South Floridians) say...I got my hair cut when Charlotte was just a few weeks old and the stylist was making small talk while she was cutting my hair which was mostly about how she was so glad she had gotten a c-section because her vagina wasn't stretched out like mine probably was, and that it was okay that I still looked pregnant because I didn't have the baby with me and could just pretend that I was.

I kid you not.

Again, I was not confrontational enough to cause a scene. But I very passive-aggressively failed to tip her.
It's probably good that you didn't cause a scene while she was cutting your hair. No tellings what you would have left there looking like...

July 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Delray so close, small world that's for sure!

Yes it was boca raton, I don't know if you know flakowitz bagel inn but I worked there and the comments I use to get I would just be sick all day. I'm to nice and smile but I think of what I should have said. Ahh wish I could be more out spoken.

Good for you about not tipping!

July 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just want to defend myself now, because you all are probably starting to get the impression that I'm just a huge, disgusting blob of a person to attract these awful comments.

I swear I'm not!

I don't think.

Quote:
Yes it was boca raton, I don't know if you know flakowitz bagel inn but I worked there and the comments I use to get I would just be sick all day.
Flakowitz is on Federal, right? My daughter used to go to karate in the Fifth Avenue Shops right across the street from where I think it is.

Definitely a small world. I love it! I have a neighbor in the DDC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search