I want my husband back!! **Vent**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I can't say this to him.. but I have to get it out! I am so tired of having my husband home, but not really here. He went back to school shortly after we met, and just graduated this past spring! WOO Hoo!!! I was so excited to have my husband back, he was gone so much with school and when he was home he was in his office studying all the time. But now he is trying to get his CPA so it's another 18-24 months of STUDYING!! I can't take it! 2-3 hours a night, PLUS 4-5 hours on Saturday and 4-5 hours on Sunday. I know he is sick of it, and he is going it for all of us, but seriously! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!!!

That is all.

July 23rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can sympathize with you 10,000%! My husband went back to school as well and between that and his regular full time job, it was like having a semi-part time husband. He was ALWAYS busy. We couldn't make plans, we spent no time together, life was just miserable. But, he got his degree and he felt SO good about himself after that. And in truth, I felt good about myself too because it was hard on both of us as well as a lot of additional work on both of our parts. So if you ever need someone to vent to privately, feel free. I've been there. I know what it's like.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry. I can totally relate. Jon is working on his masters right now and he literally has to write about a paper a day and do these huge projects at the end of the semester. He finishes in December, so I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully it will pass soon.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Im sorry you are going through this. I am "that person" in my marriage. I've been working full time, just got a promotion (more hours) and just finished up classes. My husband is off for the summer (teacher), and in a week or two, I'll be starting more training that means less time with him
I know he doesn't like it (I don't always like it) but its a "it'll pay off" type of thing.
My husband and I are both teachers. What does your husband teach?

July 23rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
High school history and government, sex ed, and he is part of the school's athletic program, for coaching

What do you two teach?
I'm second grade reading/ELA. We are departmentalized all the way down to 2nd grade, so I have 3 classes with 18 students per class.

DH teaches 5th grade math. We teach at the same school, so it's really nice.

Our school has a daycare for teacher's kids. Bella goes there and this LO will go there when he/she comes. We also have a Pre-K program and add a grade each year. This year we are adding an 11th grade and next year we will have our first graduation class.

July 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
That stinks. I can't relate at all but I hope the time passes quickly for you.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Super Mommy
Anna, I am jealous, the school sounds amazing! That would make it SO much easier on us, to have a daycare at my work. As it stands, even though I'm a teacher, I will have to drive to Gabriel's school every morning, and to a separate daycare! grr...

July 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyfornumber2 View Post
Anna, I am jealous, the school sounds amazing! That would make it SO much easier on us, to have a daycare at my work. As it stands, even though I'm a teacher, I will have to drive to Gabriel's school every morning, and to a separate daycare! grr...
The daycare was a new addition that was in the works for a lonnnnng time. Bella had to go to a normal daycare center for a long time before it opened. It was a pain to drive her there plus it was around $500 a month. She also was in a room with 13 kids her age!!

The daycare at the school is amazing! The ladies who work down there are wonderful. It's only $230 a month (they are not making any money off us, its simply a service to us) and currently there is only 5 kids total down there...6 when this LO comes.

I love it! We are so lucky!

July 23rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnasMommy1210 View Post
I can't say this to him.. but I have to get it out! I am so tired of having my husband home, but not really here. He went back to school shortly after we met, and just graduated this past spring! WOO Hoo!!! I was so excited to have my husband back, he was gone so much with school and when he was home he was in his office studying all the time. But now he is trying to get his CPA so it's another 18-24 months of STUDYING!! I can't take it! 2-3 hours a night, PLUS 4-5 hours on Saturday and 4-5 hours on Sunday. I know he is sick of it, and he is going it for all of us, but seriously! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!!!

That is all.
I can totally relate as well! My DH went back to school to get his B.S. last year, so we are still in the thick of it. His job is really demanding and is on-call for off hours, so I swear its never ending! I really try to be understanding and patient, but its really hard.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbityBoo View Post
I can totally relate as well! My DH went back to school to get his B.S. last year, so we are still in the thick of it. His job is really demanding and is on-call for off hours, so I swear its never ending! I really try to be understanding and patient, but its really hard.
I try to be patient, but sometimes I don't think he realizes that it makes things a lot harder on me too. Taking care of our DD and feeling like poo isn't easy when he gets home late and then studies all night. I know he's super stressed too though so I try not to complain (too much)

And Anna, I am so jealous of your daycare! I'm assuming it's a private school?

July 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnasMommy1210 View Post
And Anna, I am so jealous of your daycare! I'm assuming it's a private school?
It's a charter. It's still considered public but we have waiting lists to get in and it has more of a private school feel to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search