New, with a question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Hi! I'm brand new to JustMommies, but SO happy to finally find a group of ladies like me, where I can keep up with people and share and ask questions! We're due on Jan. 22, so I'm 14 weeks and 1 day today (hooray for the 2nd trimester!!).

My question is: I have noticed that only one breast is changing. Both of them have been tender, but only my left breast is getting fuller and firmer, with a darker areola. Is this normal? I know my breasts didn't develop at the same rate when I was a kid, but this seems different somehow.... I'm so afraid I'll only be able to breastfeed with one breast! Can anyone confirm or deny my fears? Before I ask the midwife? Thanks!

It's really nice to meet you all!

Blue-Jay
July 24th, 2011, 05:17 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Welcome to JM and Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I am not really sure I can answer your question. I hope someone else here can help.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 24th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I'm new too I had this with my first son, but it was right at the beginning of pregnancy. They soon evened out when I hit about 15 weeks. I've not had it since.
July 24th, 2011, 07:36 AM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello - sorry, no helpful info on your question, but we have the same EDD! Happy times! Welcome to the Jan group!

July 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome. Your breasts changing now will have no effect on nursing. They will change even more as milk comes in after delivery. My left one has changed a ton and the right just slightly. With my son I had no issues nursing. One was always slightly bigger because he favored it.

July 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to Megp. It will not effect breastfeeding. You should be fine. Hormones just do weird things!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Welcome! The other ladies have given you more info than I could have. But I just wanted to say welcome and congrats on your pregnancy.
July 24th, 2011, 01:19 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome! Looks like you came to the perfect place to have your question answered. I'm Casey, one of the co-hosts, just let me know if you need any help with anything!

July 24th, 2011, 06:37 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I see your question has already been answered, but wanted to welcome you to our group!

July 24th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Veteran
I'm betting it will catch up. Mine are naturally lopsided, LOL, and when I am pregnant/breastfeeding it's REALLY obvious!!! I think it's probably normal, esp since you said you developed that way in the beginning.
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 25th, 2011, 06:48 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megp View Post
Welcome. Your breasts changing now will have no effect on nursing. They will change even more as milk comes in after delivery. My left one has changed a ton and the right just slightly. With my son I had no issues nursing. One was always slightly bigger because he favored it.
Yep, what she said! And in general, your beast size, whether they change or not, should not make a difference on you being able to breastfeed. One of my best friend from highschool is as flat as a board and easily nursed both of her children to insane chubbiness. And my first preferred one of the other as well. Welcome to the group and congrats.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Thanks so much for your help and all your warm welcomes! I'm so excited to be part of this group, which honestly IS the friendliest place on the web for moms! I can't wait to read all your posts and find out about everybody! I feel so much better now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search