New Members

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 06:03 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have had so many new members lately!! I would love to hear about you all. Tell us about yourselves!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 24th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I did just post an intro but I will post here too.

I'm Amy and my boyfriend is Michael. Our two boys are Dominic, born October 12th 2008 and William, born June 7th 2010. My due date for this next baby is January 5th but both my boys came late (10 days & 15 days) so I know this one will be late too. I have had fertility problems. It took 4 years to get pregnant with Dominic which included 5 miscarriages . We chose not to use birth control when Dominic was born because we knew we wanted to give him a brother or sister and knew it would take a while. I had another 2 miscarriages between Dominic & William. This baby was something of a surprise. We hadn't actively discussed having a 3rd baby but we didn't use protection either. We were surprised it happened so quickly.
July 24th, 2011, 06:17 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ I am so sorry for your miscarriages. I had one the cycle before this pregnancy and it was so hard on me. I can't even imagine going through so many. So glad that your pregnancy was quick and easy this thing.

DH and I have fertility issues also, so I know the pain and emotions associated with it. I'm so jealous of your surprise. I always said "Why can't I just have an Oops Baby. Why does it take so much effort to have a child!"

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 24th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I know how you feel. The first time was the hardest, with it taking so long. I hated that people around me were falling pregnant, usually without trying. After the 2nd miscarriage between Dominic & William my boyfriend and I sat down and discussed whether we could go through this again, would it really be so bad if Dominic was an only child? We decided to try one more time and I'm so grateful that I got pregnant with William then. This was definitely a surprise, more so that the baby didn't miscarry. I couldn't have coped with yet another miscarriage. This baby will be our last. My boyfriend is going to get a vasectomy once this one is born.
July 24th, 2011, 08:18 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ooh we got more today too.. they must be replacing all the weirdos that left. lol

July 24th, 2011, 10:29 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I just wanted to say welcome to the new people also. Just like Anna i experienced a loss right before this pregnancy and it was so hard to deal with, I cannot imagine how tough it is to go through so many losses. Kudos to you for continuing to try. I hope this pregnancy is uneventfully great. This is such an amazing place for support. Im so glad you found us. =)
July 25th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Hi! I'm Jenny. I'm 39, and this is my first pregnancy; finally met someone worth marrying late in life (we tied the knot a year ago yesterday, as a matter of fact), and we started trying to get pg on our wedding night. It took about 9 months, but we finally did it! We're so excited and happy, but of course I'm so nervous and terrified all the time, like a regular mom I guess! Being older makes it hard; there's so much stuff that can go wrong, and everyone's so willing to tell you about it ALL!

I joined hoping so find some online friends (don't have any pregnant friends), some good advice (my mom has some mental problems and doesn't really remember the details of being pregnant so I can't ask her if I'm normal), and just a good place to share and vent and laugh and cry with other people like me.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome and so NORMAL!! I feel so happy to be among others who feel fat, moody, sick of their husbands, and worried about maternity leave and making ends meet! I love you all! (Hope this doesn't qualify me as the kind of weirdo ashyo727 referred to).
July 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I'm Kelly (25) and my husband, Brett (26) and I are expecting our first! We've been married a little over a year and are due on January 8! We are both thrilled because I was told I would probably have a really hard time TTC because I have PCOS. But, on our first month of Clomid we did it!

We live in Kentucky but are both originally from Alabama!

I can't wait to meet everyone and share in this experience with you all!
July 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Welcome to you all!! So glad you found us Jump right in and post away!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
Welcome to all!! Post away~!

July 25th, 2011, 04:25 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome!!!!! Can't wait to see more posts from you!!!

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
New to this board, but definitely not new to DDC's. I had joined a board when pregnant with my first DD back in 2004 and even managed to work my way up to host/moderator then. It was sad to have to leave it, but I did get some negative lashings on that board and it's amazing the amount of hostility you receive being a 19 year old having your first baby. Ah, but that was then.

Definitely older and wiser now, and while once again unemployed after a scathing layoff from a GREAT job. . . we're doing just fine as can be. Very excited about our new baby. We were TTC for four months before it finally happened and we've been very happy.

I have no real life friends, and my online friends are great but none are pregnant and I hate to make them hear my whining. ;p I've emailed my sister and mother, but it's not quite the same either. So.. ya'll will see me around. I'm working on a new blog after having issues with all my previous ones (I had an ex that was stalking me online and was ruining all my fun), so that's in progress as well for daily updates.
July 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Super Mommy
My name is Jess, (30), and I have been floating between DDC February and here because I am due Jan 30th.This is my third child with my DH Bryan (29). We have Tucker (8) and Ella (5). I was in DDC with both children as well. I am a labour and delivery nurse in Ontario, Canada and also work in the NICU. l&d being my first love. I rarely post when I'm working because I do 2 12hr days then 2 12 hour nights, then 5 off, so when my house gets organized after my stretch of work, I'm able to finally get on and post! lol.... So hopefully I can be a little more active now that I'm through to the 2nd trimester. Happy to meet you all!!

July 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome everyone!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search