Christmas in July!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 02:03 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I was thinking how crazy it is that by Christmas some of us may already have our babies with us! Since most of us will be 8 or 9 months prego, do you plan to start shopping earlier this year? Have any of you already started Christmas shopping?

I will try to be completely done by the first week in December. I'm usually an at the last minute kind of person.

July 24th, 2011, 02:09 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I've been thinking about the holidays all day today! I have a cold (weird) and it makes me want Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what I'm going to do as far as shopping yet.. or decorating. I don't want to go all out with decorations because 1.) I don't know if I'll even fit in our tiny attic 8 mos preggo, 2.) I don't want to put it all away with a newborn and a 2 year old.

You're giving me a good excuse to go shopping though

July 24th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tend to start my Christmas shopping at the after-Christmas clearance sales the previous year.

Yes, I'm one of those people.

I continue to shop all year long and usually finish up by Black Friday.

I am so anxious for the holidays to come!

July 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I havent even given it a thought. I would love to get my shopping done early because I dont want to be fighting crowds at 8 months pregnant. My Mom is already almost done and I am so jealous!
July 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love decorating for the holidays and I know it'll be abbreviated. *sad* Gifts? Thankfully, we don't have to buy for many people and I dread it every single year and shopping early doesn't make it any easier.
July 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually start around Oct. Pick up random things and then the last week we do the layaway thing for Kayley.

July 24th, 2011, 04:54 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't ever shop early for Christmas because 1.) we don't have a lot of room to keep extra stuff laying around and 2.) it's highly likely that I'll forget that I bought stuff or loose track of it and have to buy again anyway. LOL

I LOVE Christmas though, it's my most favorite holiday and normally we go ALL out decorating. The first year we were out here we lived in an apartment complex and you could see our apartment from the highway because we had it all decorated and lit up. LOL And then last year was the first year we were able to decorate the outside of our house. We actually won the HOA's Christmas lights contest because so many people voted ours as the best. And the inside of our house looks like it puked Christmas decorations. LOL But...I don't think that's gonna happen this year. I think we'll have a tree and that's about it. We'll see how I feel that far along.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Veteran
Yep, I just started getting my list together! I hope to have everything bought by the beginning of December. Luke and Lily both have early January birthdays, so we just go nuts buying and then divvy it up between Christmas and their birthdays once we have it all. I plan on having all the Christmas and birthday presents wrapped by mid-December and then just enjoying the last few weeks before baby!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I don't have a clue when I'll start this year since normally I don't even begin until like 2 weeks or so before Christmas. I am terribly last minute about everything. I presume things will be no different this year... sadly.

S/N is it just me or do Jessie and Tim in the above Siggle look like Farrah Fawcett and a very young Harrison Ford??? I have been trying to put my finger on it all day! Please take this as a compliment!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I'm not due until Jan. 31st it's highly unlikely that I will deliver in December. But, I'll probably still start earlier anyway just because I won't want to be hugely pregnant and out shopping. Not only would I be miserable, but I would make anyone who was with me miserable, as well. LOL

July 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
Darn! I hadn't even thought about this at all! I've been too preoccupied trying to figure out how I'm going manage hosting the big family Christmas dinner at our house that I promised to do last year. Makes me tired just thinking about it!
July 24th, 2011, 09:55 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
And here was I thinking that being very pregnant would get me out of the usual hassle of buying presents for impossible people who all earn way more than we do!

Guess I should start thinking about it soon, the last minute crowds doesn't sound very appealing when you're that pregnant!

July 24th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I buy throughout the year anyway. I plan on being done by November though.

Missing all our angels
(01-07-04) @ 7 weeks, (05-18-04) @ 6 weeks, (04-30-05) @ 9 weeks, (01-09-06) @ 8 weeks, (07-15-07) @ 5 weeks, (03-29-09) @ 5 weeks & (06-22-09) @ 5 weeks
July 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Can we get a "very young" in front of the Farrah Fawcett? LOL!
I've never heard that one before, but my husband is a HUGE Indiana Jones fan! He really likes you now, lol
LOL! of COURSE we can get a "very young" in front of Farrah Fawcett! But I personally always thought Farrah was totally gorgeous! Even as she got older. But you do look like her younger version! And of course there's a "slight" difference in the hair style! lol I'm so glad you got a kick out of that, because I really meant it to be nice!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 07:55 AM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually have all my christmas shopping done by halloween

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search