Might have to move back home

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Veteran
HG has completely ruined my life financially! I am being evicted from my apt unless I can come up with $1700 in 3 days and I have no options. I've exhausted every agency in the area- NO one has funding right now- NO ONE!! I call every week- same answer- No funding this week, but you can call back next week!

Moving home might not even be an option, even though financially, it would be the best thing for me and my DD and the baby. I would love it if I could move home for the next 6-8 months, til just after I go back to work after the baby gets here. But I'm not sure my parents will like it/even see it as an option. If that's the case- I've got nothing. UGH! I've been so stressed about it- and I don't even know HOW to broach the subject with my parents!

I HATE HATE HATE how HG has ruined my life, financially! I HATE it! And I hate that all I can do right now is cry!

July 24th, 2011, 04:08 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awful. I will be hurting because of it when the baby comes. I've used a lot of my PTO.
I hope you can come up with something soon. Would your parents help with the money? Or does your church offer any kind of help.

July 24th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Veteran
Unfortunately, my parents aren't in a position to help with the money and I already approached my pastor, twice and never got a response. :-/

Thankfully, my PTO starts over on Jan 1, so I will have roughly 15 days of PTO when the baby comes- but I have had to cut into my FMLA, so I won't have the full 12 weeks to take. I'll probably only be able to take 8 weeks, 6 of which will be unpaid!

July 24th, 2011, 04:13 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I know this is a super hard time right now. Try not to stress too much if that's at all possible. I pray that things get better soon.
July 24th, 2011, 04:20 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's just horrible...I hope your parents let you go home till you can get on your feet again.

July 24th, 2011, 04:58 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh gosh, I don't even know what to say. I will however say prayers that some kind of an answer comes your way and soon!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 24th, 2011, 05:02 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I hope everything comes together and that you are able to work something out. KUP

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGirl81 View Post
Unfortunately, my parents aren't in a position to help with the money and I already approached my pastor, twice and never got a response. :-/

Thankfully, my PTO starts over on Jan 1, so I will have roughly 15 days of PTO when the baby comes- but I have had to cut into my FMLA, so I won't have the full 12 weeks to take. I'll probably only be able to take 8 weeks, 6 of which will be unpaid!

Maybe I have missed prior posts, but why would you only get two weeks of paid maternity/fmla leave?
July 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry!

Does SSD cover HG? Obviously, it wouldn't help with the pending eviction anyway, but it might at least help ease a little bit of the financial stress. I hope that your parents can help you out. Do you have a good relationship with them?

I'll be thinking about you.

July 24th, 2011, 05:55 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Whats HG? It's awful that you are going through this. I hope things get better right away. I hate to think that your parents wouldn't help you out when your in such a desperate position right now.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2011, 06:07 PM
iscah's Avatar Veteran
oh honey, i'm so sorry you are going through this. i went through something a little similar. i was unable to work for about a month due to my extreme all day sickness, and i don't even get PTO. so, i was hurting for money. luckily, i had family members and my boyfriend who could bail me out until i felt better and could get back to work.

just wanted to let you know, there is a company called ChaCha (chacha.com) where you can make money from home on your computer. it's not much money, but it does help with extra things like groceries are a bill that you can't pay now and then. i hope you check it out. it has gotten me out of a mess several times over the years.

hang in there, and i'll keep you in my prayers. i know what it's like to be hard up for money and in a tight situation!
July 24th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry!

I know my situation as not nearly as dire as yours, but I looked around at my house a bit ago in tears because of the awful mess it is due to my being sick..

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Victoria
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope it all works out for you.
July 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Hyperemesis grav---m (still can't spell it)
Its basically morning sickness on steroids. Ive been dealing with it too.
In my case: Even being maxed out on antinausea meds, I was puking 10+ times a day and unable to hold down barely any food, to the point of getting IVs every day and still lost 17lbs.

It can be, and is, very debilitating.
Oh my! I can't imagine how awful that must be! Does it last the whole time? or does it go away after the first trimester? This makes me so sad for you guys. I really hope this gets better.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2011, 06:51 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry this has been so difficult for you . I had HG with my last pregnancy and if it wasn't for my DH I'd have been in a lot of trouble financially. I hope you'll be able to move back to your parents as it seems to be your only option right now. ((hugs))

Tracy, Mom to 4 wonderful boys!!
July 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time right now. I hope your parents will be understanding and let you move back in with them. Thinking of you.

July 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What about Short-Term Disability? I may be wrong but if your doctor believes this is a serious medical condition (which obviously it is) it should be covered...

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

July 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your parents help you out. Lots of T&Ps

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search