Rate this mom/baby item - Peekaru

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Rate the Peekaru
10 - I can't think of anything funny to put here, but really, if you're wearing this, the joke is on you anyway. 3 12.50%
7 - I really like this. I like the look of it, the idea of it. I'm asking Santa for a Peekaru for Christmas. 5 20.83%
4 - $80 so that baby and I can dress up as Nurse Gollum when it's chilly? I am almost on board with this. (But not really.) 6 25.00%
0 - Seriously. Just...no. 9 37.50%
Other?! 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, maybe this makes more sense for moms who don't live in Florida, but I'm willing to be that it looks just as ridiculous no matter where you are.

Peekaru
$80

Peekaru Original Description

Quote:
The Peekaru Original™ is a fleece vest that zips over a soft baby carrier to keep you and your child warm. It fits comfortably over all carriers, including Baby Bjorns, Hotslings, Ergos, Mei Tais, and Wraps1.
Great concept, right? It promotes babywearing and will totally freak out your friends. And if you've ever wondered what it was like to have coinjoined twin myslexia, then this might be just the product for you.

But I can't help but feel like the Peekaru kind of fails in execution. First of all, there is a head growing out of your chest. Also, it's not like this is providing a great deal of warmth for mom or for baby. It is sleeveless fleece, not a down parka.

What say you?

July 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
It looks like a snuggly for two!! Nope that would make me feel stupid in public.
July 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
I actually kind of like the idea of this. I am planning to get a bigger size coat so i can put baby in when I'm wearing him/her but this would be nice for the warmer months. I would not pay 80 $ for it though.

July 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
umm... no...

July 24th, 2011, 09:08 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
It could be good for late fall anodyne early winter here, but so would a coat and a well bundled baby in the carrier. Seems like it might not be super easy to get in and out of either.
July 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! It's like being a kangaroo! Just put your baby in your pouch. LOL

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
very cute, but way too hot for this country!
July 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
The 'floating head' scares me a little!

Surely mum and baby can just wear lots of layers individually to stay warm?

July 25th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I voted #7. I think they are a great idea, especially if you are going on long walks.

Missing all our angels
(01-07-04) @ 7 weeks, (05-18-04) @ 6 weeks, (04-30-05) @ 9 weeks, (01-09-06) @ 8 weeks, (07-15-07) @ 5 weeks, (03-29-09) @ 5 weeks & (06-22-09) @ 5 weeks
July 25th, 2011, 07:20 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
i voted 4. not for me, but i can see it being useful. the first pic with the green one is hysterical. had me busting out laughing. omg.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 07:26 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
The joke is on me! I gave this one a 10 and here is why. We have season tickets to the Pittsburgh Penguins and when Elizabeth was a baby she went to every game, it was a total pain in the butt getting her from the car and to the arena then back while keeping her warm. To me this would have been awesome because all I would have had to do was put a hat on her and maybe a blanket for the coldest days. Then it would have also been nice while inside the arena where it isn't exactly warm not to have to keep re-wrapping the blanket around her.

I totally would have paid $80 for this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 25th, 2011, 07:37 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I gave it a 9 (even though 9 isnt an option LOL). I could totally see myself wearing that in late fall if we're going to be outside. you cant just keep yourself penned up inside when its cold. as far as the ones who mentioned "floating head", have you seen anyone wear an infant? this happens when you wear a baby.

<3

<3
July 25th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
The joke is on me! I gave this one a 10 and here is why. We have season tickets to the Pittsburgh Penguins and when Elizabeth was a baby she went to every game, it was a total pain in the butt getting her from the car and to the arena then back while keeping her warm. To me this would have been awesome because all I would have had to do was put a hat on her and maybe a blanket for the coldest days. Then it would have also been nice while inside the arena where it isn't exactly warm not to have to keep re-wrapping the blanket around her.

I totally would have paid $80 for this.

I wanted to give it a 10 but I didn't like the writing up there with it

Missing all our angels
(01-07-04) @ 7 weeks, (05-18-04) @ 6 weeks, (04-30-05) @ 9 weeks, (01-09-06) @ 8 weeks, (07-15-07) @ 5 weeks, (03-29-09) @ 5 weeks & (06-22-09) @ 5 weeks
July 25th, 2011, 08:15 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I gave this a 7. Why? Because I think this is a great idea! And as Brittany pointed out, the "floating head" happens with any kind of baby wrap.

In the Spring and Fall we LOVE to take our dog to the park, go for walks and generally just spend lots of time outdoors. I think this is genius because it allows baby to stay warm, gives you freedom to use your hands and doesn't have you fighting to keep a blanket wrapped around a baby that may not like blankets but is cold. Sure, sure, you can dress them warmly, but then you still have to carry them around somehow and not all walking trails are stroller friendly.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I am a totally baby wearing supporter! Got my slings out the other day to check their condition. That picture is just funny. Period.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, for only $80 I can have my very own, cute and adorable Kuato (see Total Recall)!
July 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually would want one of these. I live in Alaska it gets darn cold and this would be a good insulating layer under my coat to really keep the baby warm.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Brittany~*~ View Post
as far as the ones who mentioned "floating head", have you seen anyone wear an infant? this happens when you wear a baby.
I wear my kids (well, not anymore!), but I think it's aesthetically different when you can see the thing that's holding the baby to your body. With the Peekaru, it's just a floating head. No wrap, no sling, no carrier, no toes peeking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie1975 View Post
Oh, for only $80 I can have my very own, cute and adorable Kuato (see Total Recall)!
I haven't watched that movie in ages. Oh, Ahhhnold...

July 25th, 2011, 02:19 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I'm all for baby wearing....

but.....

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search