Round ligament pain or overdone it?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 05:29 AM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
I'm really ready to feel movement in there. I NEED to feel it...something, anything that will let me know that it's going alright!

I've been having what I would think are the "round ligament" pains for a couple of weeks now. Just every so often a little pinchiness or sore almost crampy feeling that passes very quickly. It's more uncomfortable than painful and still not bleeding or real cramping, so I figure everything is going just fine.

We baled our second cut of the hay this weekend. It was an absolute disaster in haymaking. One baler broke down...twice...then we had to wait FOREVER for the second to arrive, after spending hours trying to make parts that should have fit, try to fit, to no avail. Then the stackcruiser (a piece of equipment that picks the bales out of the field and stacks them so that you no longer do it by hand) got stuck for several hours on another farm, leaving DH, myself, and my mother to pick up 75 bales (about 70 lbs each...they were too heavy) out of the field and onto a trailer by hand. I drove the truck and trailer, while he threw them on and she arranged them. Back at the barn, I had to help her move them and stack them in the loft, because it was 97 degrees and she can't handle it all alone.

I maybe only lifted three bales and shoved the others around, so I should have been safe. The OB says that I can do anything that I did before I was pregnant, just not to strain. Today I'm a bit sore in the pelvic region...pretty much all the way across the front, just under the bump. It's fine when I'm sitting, but when I stand and walk, it's almost as if it hurts for the area to support the bump/tummy fat. Is this normal discomfort, or should I be concerned? Still no bleeding or cramping. I tried to be so careful with my lifting and only doing what I felt 100% comfortable with.

July 25th, 2011, 06:03 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday!!!
I think your just sore just working a lot yesterday. Just relax today if you can, the cramps you been feeling is the round ligaments it's growing. I had it a lot with my first this time not so much.
Also they say I'm suppose to feel the baby a lot sooner with this being my second and I haven't really maybe a handful of times and not sure if it was and I'm 17 weeks. You will feel it soon I know it's a waiting game that seems like forever.

July 25th, 2011, 06:15 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I think you just overdid it and are sore. All of the other cramping you are feeling is perfectly normal and you and your little one will be JUST fine. I know with the struggles you have had TTC and it makes you that much worse with worry...wondering if something went wrong if you would have the strength to go through it again. Been there, done that...not the same circumstances, but know these babies are true miracles and are not to be taken granted of. But, girl, you are nearly 16 weeks and everything is going to be just fine!! I felt my first around 19 weeks and it is the most indescribable feeling ever and the best best thing about carrying that little one inside of you. You will be there before you know it! ((HUGS))

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPinkD View Post
I think you just overdid it and are sore. All of the other cramping you are feeling is perfectly normal and you and your little one will be JUST fine. I know with the struggles you have had TTC and it makes you that much worse with worry...wondering if something went wrong if you would have the strength to go through it again. Been there, done that...not the same circumstances, but know these babies are true miracles and are not to be taken granted of. But, girl, you are nearly 16 weeks and everything is going to be just fine!! I felt my first around 19 weeks and it is the most indescribable feeling ever and the best best thing about carrying that little one inside of you. You will be there before you know it! ((HUGS))
Thank you both so much! SPinkD, you are so right...I really think that all 1st time mommies-to-be are more nervous than we probably need to be, but with our issues in TTC, I think we learned WAY too much about all of the different things that can and do go wrong.

The whole TTC process made me feel like such a failure. Even knowing that we would likely have trouble because of my PCOS, it seems like everyone around us was getting those BFPs, even if they weren't trying or didn't want to be at that point in life! I can remember sitting in the bathroom shaking, when I read the first HPT that showed the BFP. I just couldn't believe it had actually happened to us, so I feel like I've been walking on eggshells to protect this little person. I suppose that if the little "orange" has hung in there this long, a couple of hay bales won't shake him/her loose! Deep breaths, Lauren...LOL

July 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
^^oh it isn't just first pregnancy! lol!! but, maybe the fear dissipates a little sooner.

And if you aren't one of the lucky ones that gets preggers by a man breathing on you, yes, it drives you insane and makes you feel so broken when it doesn't work.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search