When does it end?!?!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 08:26 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seriously, I'm so over gagging and being nauseous! I'm 13 1/2 weeks right now and sitting in the other room while DH cooks breakfast because the smell is just killing me. And worse, it's all food that I specifically asked for! I really hope I'm not one of those women who stays sick her entire pregnancy. The thought of that just makes me want to !

Ok, vent over.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry

I'm 16 weeks and still having the gagging/nausea/throwing up every day and have to fight it without any medication..I know how you feel! Around 11-12 weeks I was totally in denial cus I was SO looking forward to it going away and it didn't..

Just remember it's for your baby!
July 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know but I hope it ends soon for you!

July 25th, 2011, 08:36 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Hang in there!

I still have gagging issues but most of the nausea has gone away. I hope it passes for you soon.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
it varies so much for everyone. 16 weeks for my daughter, 14.5 weeks so far and still going
July 25th, 2011, 08:44 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I hope you aren't sick the whole time! I was sick for a long time with Kate it seemed like but with Kelly and this pregnancy it was gone away close to the 12 week mark. Maybe that means you are having a girl!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 25th, 2011, 08:47 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
My major issues stopped around 14 weeks, but I still gag and am having a bit of a rough morning and I felt pretty icky all weekend. But, nothing like before 14 weeks. I still can't open the fridge or trash can without holding my breath.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping you get some relief soon. I wasn't very nauseous in the first trimester, but it seems like I've been getting more and more nauseous now in the second. I feel for ya, girl.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure that it will end soon! Hang in there. One day you will wake up and it will just be gone.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 25th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPinkD View Post
My major issues stopped around 14 weeks, but I still gag and am having a bit of a rough morning and I felt pretty icky all weekend. But, nothing like before 14 weeks. I still can't open the fridge or trash can without holding my breath.
So glad to know I'm not the only one who holds her breath when she goes into the fridge! That is one of the worst things for me. I tell DH, "You need to clean out the fridge" and he's all like, "I just did that 3 days ago!" to which I respond, "Well you have to do it again!"...LOL

And Bethany, I keep hearing there's a lot to be said about that old wives tale and girls keeping you sick longer than boys...so who knows! I'd love it though if we're having a girl.

July 25th, 2011, 10:00 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I hope the old wives tale is true because at 17 weeks I woke up yesterday dry as ever and took a big swig of water only to throw it back up. I wasnt this sick with any of my other pregnancies other then the HG with my first that was brought on by a non-pregnancy health issue.
July 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
Oh no! I hope it passes soon, for you! Mine seemed to disappear overnight in Week 14. Except that a few days later I actually threw up for the first (and only, fingers crossed) time. No issues, since, aside from brushing my teeth in the AM...gets me every darn time!

July 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialChick View Post
Oh no! I hope it passes soon, for you! Mine seemed to disappear overnight in Week 14. Except that a few days later I actually threw up for the first (and only, fingers crossed) time. No issues, since, aside from brushing my teeth in the AM...gets me every darn time!
Oh man, I always brush my tongue when I brush my teeth, but not hardly anymore. Every now and again I can do it really quick, but I gag way too much these days to do it regularly. So instead I'm just going through a lot more mouthwash. LOL

July 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthGirl View Post
Oh man, I always brush my tongue when I brush my teeth, but not hardly anymore. Every now and again I can do it really quick, but I gag way too much these days to do it regularly. So instead I'm just going through a lot more mouthwash. LOL
EXACTLY!!! haha I have it down to a specific method and do a little bit at a time, taking breaks to not completely lose it! It's so sad...it takes forever to completely brush in the morning. Lately, I've been just swishing a ton and worrying about the tongue later. Ick.

July 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialChick View Post
EXACTLY!!! haha I have it down to a specific method and do a little bit at a time, taking breaks to not completely lose it! It's so sad...it takes forever to completely brush in the morning. Lately, I've been just swishing a ton and worrying about the tongue later. Ick.
Yeah, that's how I feel. LOL But you are right, there is an art to it so that you don't totally loose it in the sink. Ah well, these babies will definitely be worth it!

July 25th, 2011, 11:04 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I'm almost 16 weeks, and I still have occasional gagging/nausea. It went away mostly at 11 weeks, but still makes guest appearances about 3-4 times a week. Good luck! I was in your shoes with my other two pregnancies. It gets better.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I'm starting to feel better now at 16 weeks.
July 25th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to break down today and have the doctor order Zofran for me

It's starting to interfere with my life too bad.

They think I am having a boy so not sure about the girl thing, but in any case, I hope all of us who are still suffering gets relief soon!

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Veteran
I was just asking myself this b/c yesterday AM after I had to run and gag in the sink and throw up my tea and vitamin. I'm 16 weeks and I don't remember having such a gag reflex before, but maybe I'm more sensitive b/c I'm older now?
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 25th, 2011, 01:39 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Yuck! I'm sorry I hope it ends SOON!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search