meal times

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 08:52 AM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you still just eat your 3 meals a day?

do you eat 6 little meals?

Do you do 3 meals with 3 snacks?

Are more hungry now that you are in your second trimester?

I have noticed the last few weeks I am A LOT more hungry...I usaully jsut eat my 3 meals a day BUT I ate about 3 hours ago and feel like i am starving!

July 25th, 2011, 09:02 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing about 2-3 meals a day and grazing/snacking otherwise. My meals have gotten MUCH smaller, though, because I feel fuller faster. I like that, in a way, but I get hungry earlier. My issue is that I want to snack on healthy items like I used to -- vegetables, mainly-- but I still have pretty bad food aversions. I can still swing fruit, though!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 25th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
I eat breakfast then usually snack until lunch then we eat lunch and of course I snack til dinner then after dinner I snack til I go to bed. I feel like i'm eating all day. And yea I do feel a lot hungrier but I notice not so much cravings.

July 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
depends on the day.. sometimes I'm a bottomless pit (sadly, filling the bottomless pit with garbage) and other days, just want small meals. Today is bottomless pit time.. I wonder if that has something to do with not having protein this morning.
July 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am on 4 or 5 small meals.

I get fuller faster so I am eating less at a time but getting hungry faster. Usually I have breakfast, *sometimes* snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 25th, 2011, 09:56 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Im doing more so the 6 small meals. Some days it's more like 3 meals and snacking, though.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

July 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I've always been a bottomless pit, and it's no different being pregnant. I eat 3-5 meals a day plus half a dozen snacks, and I usually keep a jar of peanut butter by my bed at night to keep me going through the night. My metabolism is crazy!

July 25th, 2011, 10:04 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
We eat three meals a day here.
July 25th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I've been wondering the same thing, so thanks for the post! I've been eating 2-3 regular meals per day. I haven't noticed that I feel more hungry, exactly, but I do feel absolutely awful if I don't eat (like yesterday, I didn't realize that I missed lunch, but when I tried to blowdry my hair, I almost passed out). Last trimester, I was snacking all day instead of eating real meals to stave off the nausea, but I always felt too full and bloated, so as soon as the nausea started to wane, I quit doing that. I can't find a way of eating that makes me feel comfortable! I've gained 1-2 lbs (at 14w2d), but am not sure if I'm on track til I go to the midwife later this week.
July 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
I usually do 1 big meal (dinner) a day, 2 small meals, and then a few snacks/grazing throughout the day. The last couple weeks I've been really hungry, but, like others have said, I feel full a lot more quickly!
The big exception is salad; I can eat an entire one of those bagged salads in one sitting and still want more. Even those oversized restaurant salads - you know the kind, right? - just are't enough for me. I've always loved salads but, jeez, this is kind of ridiculous!

July 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tend to eat often throughout the day. Like others have said, I can't eat very much at any one time, but I get hungry again quickly. I pretty much eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day whether it be a meal or a snack of some sort. Anything less and I start to feel awful.

And I weighed myself this morning. I AM indeed up 2 lbs. so that now puts me back at pre-pregnancy weight. Not too shabby, IMO.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
I eat 2-3 meals but snack constantly...I go from being so stuffed I can't move to gagging from hunger in 5-10 minutes..it can get really annoying.
July 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
I usually eat 3 - 4 meals and not including snacks to fight off tummy growls while food is cooking

July 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Veteran
I'm almost always hungry. I eat all the time. If I don't, I get nauseous. Even if I'm sure I've taken plenty of nutrition!

I've already gained over 10lbs and I'm 5 feet tall. I'm not sure what I can do, though, except try to have healthy cravings, LOL. My 2nd pregnancy, I worked full time and had one under two years old, so I think I must have burned a lot more calories!!!

Oh well, I'm actually enjoying the eating and getting bigger. DH likes it, LOL, thank goodness! He's always trying to fatten me up, so at least I'm the only one being so critical of my body (besides my lovely DDs! My youngest told me yesterday on our way to the pool not to worry because I don't look THAT fat, LOL.)
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 25th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
most days i do not eat meals at all. In fact the last week and a half were there first times when i was actually able to eat a meal. I pretty much graze on small amounts of food during the day whenever i am able to. Its easier on my stomach and im less likely to vomit if i do it that way.
DD born 1/3/12

July 25th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Veteran
I've finally hit that point where I have an appetite again and it is vicious. If I don't eat every few hours I get sick, and I will think I'm not hungry until I start eating and then I can't stop. The only time I don't feel sick is when I am actually eating, so I tend to eat a lot more than I need to just to make myself feel better.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I'm with Nikki. I eat like every 2-3 hours or else I feel sick. I'm just now getting out of my first trimester though, so with my m/s it's like I'm still in it. Hopefully I don't feel the need to eat SOO much as the pregnancy goes on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search