Last Minute Summer Vacas?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 09:02 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone still have a vacation planned this summer?

We are going to the lake the second week of August for a long weekend. This is an annual trip with DH's family.

Then on the 24th I am flying down with the kids to my parents house in Southern Cali. After a few days DH will be meeting us down there. We are going to do a Sea World trip! My kids are so excited! I took Kaily was she was about 2 but haven't been back. My son is super stoked! They keep showing commercials on some channel so he knows what he is in for! I'm hoping Kate will have fun. She loves animals, so I'm sure she will.

What are ya'll doing?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 25th, 2011, 09:11 AM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me me me!!
I just posted about it

July 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We go on vacation every year with our friends and their daughter..well now daughters. Their oldest is only a few weeks older then Elizabeth so it is a blast. We do that in April though so it is pre-tourist season...we aren't crowd fans.

I have been really wanting to plan a family trip for August or September. I don't know where I want to go I just want to go. I so wish the Sea World in Ohio was still there.

Then this fall (after hockey starts) Marko, his brother, his brothers fiance and I will do an over night to Wheeling Island. They have a package that is a hotel room and tickets to a Wheeling Nailers game.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 25th, 2011, 09:50 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
We might try to get to Vancouver Island for a week some time in August, but we'll see what happens.

July 25th, 2011, 09:56 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going camping in Denali for a few days in August.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 25th, 2011, 09:57 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
We are going camping the 5-7th of August and we may go to the Toronto Zoo the last weekend of August too. That one is still up in the air because it depends on how much $$ our new van costs us whether we have enough savings to go without dipping into our winter savings.
July 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM
We are flying back to the states in 2 weeks for the rest of the summer

Missing all our angels
(01-07-04) @ 7 weeks, (05-18-04) @ 6 weeks, (04-30-05) @ 9 weeks, (01-09-06) @ 8 weeks, (07-15-07) @ 5 weeks, (03-29-09) @ 5 weeks & (06-22-09) @ 5 weeks
July 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! Going to the beach all next week!

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, nothing here. DH is out of vacation time so we are stuck.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Victoria
Due to some tough financial times this past year or two, and my husband's new job giving him 0 vacation time yet, the closest we'll get this year is in a weeks time. He's going to Indiana for training for 3 days and I'll go with him, just to get away for a bit!
July 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're leaving Thursday.

We're driving to Atlanta, GA and spending three days with a friend of mine. From there, we're going to Pennylvania to stay with my parents and visit family on my side and DH's side. We'll be home August 15th.

DH isn't coming with us - Just me and the girls.

July 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Hubby took off the 2nd week of August - but we don't have anything planned. We will probably do a STAYCATION, LOL, and enjoy some time at home as a family.

I hate traveling and trips, although we always have a great time, exhaust me so much that I almost need a 2nd vacation to catch up with things at home!

(We do have some family in OR that we may try to visit, but that depends on the weather.)

I'm BORING, LOL!!!
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Yes!!! Second week of August we are going to Tybee Island and Savannah for a WEEK! Can NOT wait! It will be Eli's first beach trip

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I am going to New Orleans for a week, leaving this Sunday. My DS runs track and is participating in the Jr. Olympics. Then the weekend after I get back, we are driving to Detroit for the weekend to attend a cousin's wedding. I don't know if I'd call either a vacation, but it should be fun nonetheless.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We leave for Disney World in 5 days!! My ds is so unbelievably excited - he keeps telling everyone we meet that he's going to meet the REAL Buzz Lightyear!

July 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpea82 View Post
I am going to New Orleans for a week, leaving this Sunday. My DS runs track and is participating in the Jr. Olympics. Then the weekend after I get back, we are driving to Detroit for the weekend to attend a cousin's wedding. I don't know if I'd call either a vacation, but it should be fun nonetheless.
Oh enjoy New Orleans!! I miss home so much.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to VA next week to visit our families and for my sister's wedding! I'm so excited! Other than that I don't think we're going to get a "real" vacation this summer. DH has a week off of work in mid November and hopefully I'll be done working then and we can maybe take a cruise or a trip of some sort as a last hoorah before baby comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search