Appointment today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Just a general checkup, and all went well!

I've gained 5lbs which they said is great. I've been craving a lot of vegetables/salads and my doc said to eat as much of those as I want. She thought my Rally's BLT cravings were quite amusing but said to enjoy those too since my diet (and other cravings) are otherwise healthy.
My blood pressure was a little high, 130/80, but I have serious white-coat anxiety so they're not too worried about it.
We found baby's heartbeat right away on the Doppler and, in her words, it's "beautiful, just perfect." I was a little teared-up and forgot to ask what the bpm was!
Got all my bloodwork done, including the quad screen. They took EIGHT FREAKING TUBES of blood. I joked that I deserved a cookie after that, but seriously, that was a lot of blood and I was a little light-headed afterwards. I'm glad I didn't drive myself to the appointment!

Annnnnd, we scheduled my gender/anatomy ultrasound!! It's on 8/8; I'll be nearly 19 weeks by then. My doc scheduled me with a different office after the debacle with the last one, so I'm hoping there are no SNAFUs this time around.

I really love my doctor. I didn't feel rushed, and she took a lot of time to talk with me about circumcision. Not to start a debate/discussion on that, but DF & I have been talking about it and hold some different views on the topic. He suggested I talk to my OB about our respective concerns and get her opinion, and she was very open & frank with me about everything.
She said if it's still a topic of discussion after our gender u/s, she'd be happy to schedule an extra appointment with the both of us and go over everything to help us reach a decision. I can't explain how wonderful it feels to be taken seriously and for her to make sure everyone is informed and comfortable with everything going on! I love it!

July 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mmm, Rally's! I miss Rally's so much!!!!

Eight tubes of blood?! What the heck are they checking for?? I'm really glad to hear that everything went so well with your appointment...but I can't believe your scan is so close! That's literally right around the corner! You must be so excited!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthGirl View Post
Eight tubes of blood?! What the heck are they checking for?? I'm really glad to hear that everything went so well with your appointment...but I can't believe your scan is so close! That's literally right around the corner! You must be so excited!
Well, I haven't had *any* bloodwork done this pregnancy yet, so it was everything all at once - the quad screen, all the STI checks, basic bloodwork, etc. I was supposed to get a chunk of it done a few weeks ago, but the lab she originally was going to send me to screwed everything up and cancelled all the blood & urine tests for no discernible reason. She was a bit ticked off about it! She had me wait 'til my next appointment (today) and set me up for the tests at a different lab so we could do all the running around in one day.

This new lab was just fine. She moved my imaging there too so I feel better that my ultrasounds from here on out will go without a hitch. I have the anatomy scan, and I believe I have 1 or 2 more after that (I'm "high risk" because I'll be 35 at birth, so I guess I get a bonus u/s).

I'm dying of excitement over the scan. DF is too! He wasn't able to take off work for the first one, but he'll be able to for the big one so it'll be the first time he sees a live shot of baby! We just want to call baby by his/her proper name instead of just saying "baby."

July 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Glad you had a great appointment!

Your doctor sounds awesome!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on your awesome appointment!

I wish I liked my OB as much as you do. Mine isn't very personable and actually makes me nervous. The only reason I haven't switched is because of all the stress in my life right now. Everything feels like the biggest chore of my life.

Once we settle in after our move 8/1 I plan to start looking for someone I'm more comfortable with.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

July 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I am SO jealous of your doctor! I've only seen mine twice this entire pregnancy. Other times its the nurse practitioner both of which know me by name since I've been in there so much with my complications. Sounds like you have a GREAT one. Only thing, I'm so glad my doc office does my sonograms and lab work there in the office. I totally know what you mean about the 8 tubes! I had that too at my first appointment. But I've always dreamed of a doctor who would schedule an appointment just to "talk" and answer questions like the ones you see on TV. Anywho! good luck with your BIG ultra sound and everything else.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 11:17 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Glad it went well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search