When to turn to maternity clothes?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
This is my first pregnancy, and I'm 14 weeks. I don't look very pregnant (I look more like I have a beer belly instead!) but I'm having a hard time buttoning my pants. My belly is obvious beneath most of my shirts, but again, it just looks like a beer belly.

What did/are you doing during this awkward time? Are you using rubber bands to hold your pants together, or did you start buying maternity clothes? Are they going to fit me right? I'm a 6 Petite and my boobs are flat as can be. I have a maternity shirt from Target which fits my belly fine, but the top looks awful because I can't fill it out. It's not a size P tho, so maybe that's the problem? I hate the way my body looks right now!
July 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
You should try a bella band. It's an elastic band you wear on your belly, you can even leave your pants unbuttoned and the bella band will hide it.
July 25th, 2011, 12:00 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally went straight into maternity clothes. I couldn't do the "pants unbuttoned" thing because they were too tight across my pubic bone when I sat down and it hurt. I figure you're going to end up in maternity clothes anyway, so why waste money on stuff just for the in-between stage? As far as shirts go, check out Motherhood Maternity. They seem to have a lot of stuff that fits smaller at the top while leaving belly room. Hope this helps!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 12:03 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can get a Bella Band and that might help you.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
OMG, that Bella Band is brilliant!! Thank you SO much for these great ideas! Thanks for the tip on Motherhood Maternity, too; I'm going shopping right now!
July 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have liked every pair of OldNavy maternity jeans (maternity clothes in general) I have purchased, they are cheap and fit decently. Target maternity shirts are really hit or miss for me. I wouldn't say that they are the place I will/would immediately think of when I want to buy something maternity.
July 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to maternity clothes at 9 weeks..and Ive been so comfy since LOL
July 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Thanks for letting me know that. Here's a story to make you laugh; it's about the maternity shirt from Target. So I had to go to there to get some Astroglide because things are just not comfortable since I got pregnant; hormones and all of that. Need some help these days. But I am a teacher, and have run into students in many of the stores near to me, so I got the blouse to cover up the other purchase in the grocery basket!! It was only $8, but it bums me out that I can't use it! I guess I'll give it away.
July 25th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
I'm 13 weeks and I just recently (few days ago) had to go buy maternity clothes. I couldn't do the unbuttoned pants any more, too uncomfty! So I caved in and got maternity pants, shirts, bra's, etc. :3

July 25th, 2011, 05:39 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
The last couple of days a bumps started to emerge, rather than just looking thicker round the middle, which is pretty good timing as a friend's bringing a bunch of used maternity clothes out here today!

Am hoping, with a little creativity, I might manage to avoid having to buy anything myself and maybe even get a couple more weeks out of my normal stuff before switching? I want to be comfortable but don't want to get bored of the maternity stuff too soon, am stuck with it for the next 5+months!

July 25th, 2011, 06:34 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
This too is my first, and yesterday I bought maternity clothes. My shirts were okay but I was having to unbutton my pants, yet they were still uncomfortable because they were also getting tight around my butt and thighs

Anyway, as I was trying on the maternity pants I literally was thinking, "I wish I had known before just how comfy maternity clothes are!" I could BREATHE and it felt so nice lol.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

July 25th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Regular
I didn't start showing until 20 weeks with my first son. this time I'm 15 weeks and finally had to pull out the maternity because my pants were just too uncomfortable with the rubber band and my shirts were getting to short to hide the unzipped part of my jeans. I've noticed that no they have maternity tops that have this scrunchy seam on the sides? they are working great for the in between stage. Plenty of room to grow, yet they are fit to my stomach now. I noticed target had some.. they are my new favorite!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search