Anyone care to share?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 02:43 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I need some healthy recipe ideas. I am getting so burnt out on eating the same foods over and over. I can cook just about anything, but I'm seriously having mental block on what good, HEALTHY things I can make to eat. Can you guys share some of your favorite meals with me so that I can hopefully expand my weekly food choices. I'm desperate. So tired of looking in the fridge coming out empty handed and still STARVING.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grilled Vegetables with Feta Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Love this!
July 25th, 2011, 03:09 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Now THAT looks awesome! but is feta ok during pregnancy? I love grilled veggies so much!

July 25th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
I love to put most anything in a tortilla! Grilled chicken or steak, leftover shredded beef or pork roast, beans (refried, bean salad, whatever), any sort of salad fixins/veggies with hummus - pretty much anything I'm in the mood for I'll fold up in a tortilla. Sometimes I heat the fillings, sometimes not.

They're really great in the summer if it's hot out - things like salad fixins + hummus don't need any cooking at all. Leftovers or grilled fillings don't create much, if any, heat in the kitchen either.

July 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
I love to fry shrimp sprinkled w/ cajun seasoning...until there done..there spicy and you can serve with veggies and/or rice.
July 25th, 2011, 03:34 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Seems like I just need to be more creative. But many times NOTHING sounds good! I love the tortilla idea and also the cajun shrimp. I'd probably not fry it though, but saute it on the stove in olive oil. Thank you guys, this is just what I was hoping for!

July 25th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpea82 View Post
Now THAT looks awesome! but is feta ok during pregnancy? I love grilled veggies so much!

Honestly, I don't know and wouldn't want to guarantee it, but my thinking is that since it is going to be heated up, it is ok. Again, I could be wrong.
July 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpea82 View Post
Seems like I just need to be more creative. But many times NOTHING sounds good! I love the tortilla idea and also the cajun shrimp. I'd probably not fry it though, but saute it on the stove in olive oil. Thank you guys, this is just what I was hoping for!
Thats what I ment...Im not good with cooking lingo anything I cook on the stove top I call frying LOL
July 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
I love to put most anything in a tortilla! Grilled chicken or steak, leftover shredded beef or pork roast, beans (refried, bean salad, whatever), any sort of salad fixins/veggies with hummus - pretty much anything I'm in the mood for I'll fold up in a tortilla. Sometimes I heat the fillings, sometimes not.

They're really great in the summer if it's hot out - things like salad fixins + hummus don't need any cooking at all. Leftovers or grilled fillings don't create much, if any, heat in the kitchen either.

Fried Catfish with a squeeze of lime and a nice coleslaw with a tartar sauce style dressing and a few sprigs of cilantro
July 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
We get some recipes from sparkpeople.com. They have healthy, usually easy things to make

July 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
French lentil and rice soup:
6 cups chicken broth (I use water and bullion. I think the flavor is better)
1 cup dried lentils
1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
3 carrots peeled and chopped fine
3 celery stalks chopped fine
1 medium onion diced
3 cloves garlic chopped
Spices: Thyme (I use a lot), parsley and oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all in the crock pot and let it go for 8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. The recipe calls for whizzing about half of it in the blender after it's cooked to thicken the broth, but I just use a potato masher and mush it up some to break up the bigger veggie pieces. You may have to add a little more broth at the end if it's too thick.

This is so yummy and my DH who won't eat anything that doesn't have meat in it loves it too. I don't think he's noticed there is no meat!

July 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to get ideas from skinnytaste.com. It's all very healthful food, and it's relatively easy to make.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Wow! These are great! Also, I've been on skinnytaste.com! It's bookmarked on my laptop. I forgot all about it though!

July 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I love allrecipes.com. Just click on an ingredient and it'll give you a whole list of stuff! I only make the recipes that earn 4.5 stars, though, so I know they'll be good. We're having beans and rice tonight! Good luck; I'm having trouble now, too, planning dinners. Nothing sounds good, or we've had it too much in the last month, or I can't think of something new. What's wrong with us, do you think? Oh, wait! Is it because we're pregnant?!
July 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feta is safe if it is made from pastuerized cheese.

I can't be of much help with the recipes though because i have been in a rut myself. I actually cooked two meals last week, was so prooud of myself. The problem is we eat pretty plain. One day was broiled pork chops and the other was broiled steaks. I think I made some broccoli to go with the pork chops. Oh and recently I did crock pot chicken thighs with BBQ sauce and toss them all in and cook on high for 4 hours. Yeah, not too creative...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search