Relieved...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 03:01 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been extremely anxious about this pregnancy the further along we get which I have posted about before. Today I had my first ob appt with the clinic for this pregnancy. They do intake, ultrasound, then appt. I saw a midwife whom I had not ever even heard of before and she was AMAZING. I feel soooo much better and hopeful that somebody might actually listen after you have popped out two kids lol. Anyhow, we discussed the fact that the ultrasound date is off which is a big deal since our hospital wont deliver prior to 36 weeks and I have two 36 week deliveries. I dont want to be sent out because I go into labor at 35w 3d by their date kwim... We also discussed the fact that I want a natural labor and the ability to move even if I am not 37 weeks. She was extremely supportive and pretty much said that everything is my choice. I have never felt like I have the ability to make choices because they are made for you if you are not following the norm delivery. I just wanted to tell someone how excited I am lol. I hope things go smoothly from here on out. Oh and I didnt have to have a pap since I just had one after having the last baby lol. YAY for less probing

July 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Congrats on a great appt! I so glad your midwife is so wonderful and attentive to you. That is great! I too hope everything is smooth sailing for you. Congrats again!
July 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Glad you had a good appointment and found a midwife you like!!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

July 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
YAY! for a great appt. Hope this eases your mind and you can enjoy the coming weeks!

July 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woo hoo for a great appointment! I'm glad that she listened to you and will work with you about how you'd like things to go. Do you know when you'll get your next ultrasound to check the dates?

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment, made even better by avoiding the pap smear! Happy times all round!

July 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Veteran
So glad you found somebody that listens! It makes all the difference in the world. And any day that you don't get a pap smear is a good day!

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
glad everything went well!!

July 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Brooke16's Avatar Love my boys!
Yay for good appointments! Maybe I'm misreading something...but what happens if you do go into labor prior to 36 weeks? They send you away? I'm just a little bit confused....

July 25th, 2011, 06:13 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have no nursery here and no NICU so if you are early enough in labor they will transport to Mobile, Alabama to USA I believe which has an adequate level NICU. If you are too far into labor they will transport the baby (once delivered) to either Mobile, AL or New Orleans Childrens hospital. If at any point they are concerned with an imminent early delivery they transport out. So they will tocolyze (give drugs to stop the labor up to IV meds which cannot be on during transport) and do a Ffn (fetal fibernectin) and go from there everytime you have an 'episode' of preterm labor. As far as the dating stuff we are going to play it by ear I guess. The next ultrasound is the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. The most they book out is a month so I dont know that date until after my next appointment. The midwife seemed positive that if I was within a couple days I could sign consent to refuse transport but that something like 12 or 17% of 36 weekers still had respiratory issues. We will see... one goal at a time. For now viability and then we will go from there. Maybe this pregnancy will be different. Thanks for being so great guys!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search