58 posts

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
on a mission, I need to do 58 replies/posts to get my count to 200!!!! Don't be surprised if all of a sudden I have an opinion on everything I can find on every thread!!!! hahahaha
I want in to the private msg board!!!

You've all been warned!!!!!

hehehe

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
You will get there in no time! Good Luck!
July 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how do you know how many you have in a particular area of the board? I have 300+ posts on the board but i have no idea how many were in the Jan DDC. Im guessing not really close to enough since i got behind for a few months.
DD born 1/3/12

July 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not to sound b*tchy, but if you aren't active you're not active... don't just post on threads to get your count high enough. It's not fair for the rest of us. We want a private forum to be private, so we can vent to the women we feel close to because we are all active members of this board.

Now I understand if you are saying you want to be more of an active member, but that is NOT how this thread came across. There doesn't need to be announcement.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Last edited by BobbityBoo; July 25th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
July 25th, 2011, 04:43 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbityBoo View Post
Not to sound b*tchy, but if you aren't active you active... don't just post on threads to get your count high enough. It's not fair for the rest of us. We want a private forum to be private, so we can vent to the women we feel close to because we are all active members of this board.

Now I understand if you are saying you want to be more of an active member, but that is NOT how this thread came across. There doesn't need to be announcement.
I am not comfortable with that posting and statement at all!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's kind of inappropriate for you to just make a ton of posts only to get access to people's private thoughts. At least that is how this comes across. If you are truly wanting to be an active member because you enjoy this DDC that is a whole other story. If the later is the case we look forward to getting to know you, but if you just want access to the private forum and that's it then that does not seem fair.

July 25th, 2011, 05:45 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we suspect that you are padding your post count just to access the board, we will not add you right away. The post count is supposed to be indicative of a level of meaningful participation on the board. This is to protect everyone's privacy.

July 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
oh wow girls, I'm so sorry. This is the ONLY board I've ever posted on in JustMommies, and I started as soon as I got my BFP.

I should explain, that I know some yahoo boards that I've been a part of in the past, related to other interests of mine, I've been able to find my posts just by doing a random internet search. I was hoping that a private board would mean that it's even more secure, that my pg questions and/or replies would be private, and not accessible to random internet searches.

I teach music from my home, and I know people have googled me before when they are searching for teachers. I just want the added layer of privacy.

To those that question my being active, well, apparently we have different definitions? I avg 10 posts a week. So I'm checking in and hopefully chiming in appropriately, and not excessively or too little.

I am really sorry for offending you ladies with my post. I had assumed there would be others like me, wanting to be able to be at 200 posts because of the feedback that was posted in the a week or two ago. It was meant to be humorous/supportive/a new goal because of the guidelines, NOT to be threatening or annoying. Does that make sense?

sorry girls, now I really feel like a heel. guess you guys have been burned in the past??? I'm really sorry for how it came across.
Vickie

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 25th, 2011, 05:54 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I can see why you're a little bummed. I have the posts, but I don't think I've been a member long enough to join. I know I'll get on there eventually. Posting more doesn't really help me though, I just have to wait it out. I really like this board and the women on it. I'm glad I found it, and wish I had something like this with my first pregnancy (when I was really obsessed, lol!). You're the only one who really knows your intentions and I'm being optimistic and giving you the benefit of the doubt on why you want to join. Continue to be a member and you'll get there. We still have a long way until due date time.

July 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I definitely didnt take the way the other ladies did. I have seen you posting a lot so I guess it never occured to me that you were doing anything other than excitedly counting down your posts. Although I do agree I hope we dont have members that just post away trying to reach 200 verses reaching 200 just because they are active.
July 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Regular
haha! I have a long ways to go. I may need to do the same thing
July 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGriffin29 View Post
haha! I have a long ways to go. I may need to do the same thing
You know, maybe it's pregnancy hormones, but after the posts of concern from two members as well as BOTH hosts about this being a bad idea, do you honestly think this is funny?

July 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthGirl View Post
You know, maybe it's pregnancy hormones, but after the posts of concern from two members as well as BOTH hosts about this being a bad idea, do you honestly think this is funny?

July 25th, 2011, 07:45 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ I agree too....

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i also agree.
July 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone remember the Kids in the Hall "30 Helens Agree" skit?

July 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickwithpc View Post
oh wow girls, I'm so sorry. This is the ONLY board I've ever posted on in JustMommies, and I started as soon as I got my BFP.

I should explain, that I know some yahoo boards that I've been a part of in the past, related to other interests of mine, I've been able to find my posts just by doing a random internet search. I was hoping that a private board would mean that it's even more secure, that my pg questions and/or replies would be private, and not accessible to random internet searches.

I teach music from my home, and I know people have googled me before when they are searching for teachers. I just want the added layer of privacy.

To those that question my being active, well, apparently we have different definitions? I avg 10 posts a week. So I'm checking in and hopefully chiming in appropriately, and not excessively or too little.

I am really sorry for offending you ladies with my post. I had assumed there would be others like me, wanting to be able to be at 200 posts because of the feedback that was posted in the a week or two ago. It was meant to be humorous/supportive/a new goal because of the guidelines, NOT to be threatening or annoying. Does that make sense?

sorry girls, now I really feel like a heel. guess you guys have been burned in the past??? I'm really sorry for how it came across.
Vickie
To the first bolded...

Yes, it would be more secure. But on this board its more about personal topics, not so much just for security sake. The main forum is for general pregnancy related questions and advice, while the private forum is used for personal stories/vents, TMI stories or other things you wouldn't want the general public to know. It is because of this that most of us want it to be more like a tight group of friends and the post count should be a good indication of who is an active participant on this board.

To the second bolded...

Yes, there was feedback from people wanting to get enough posts to reach the guidelines and most of those turned out to be trolls who were faking their pregnancies. In this post you indicated that you would be posting on everything and suddenly have an opinion about things. Which is exactly what trolls do. So yes, we took offense. We don't want someone to be a part of a private forum from silly one time "Congrats!" posts. We want to get to know you and you know us before you are allowed access.

July 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i would love to see everyone have meaningful opinions on every post! this place would REALLY be active then! i mean we're really active now, but could you imagine if everyone joined in? it would be a real party! lol

<3

<3
July 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
Does anyone remember the Kids in the Hall "30 Helens Agree" skit?
I never watched it, but I can only imagine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search