I can't believe it

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Veteran
I really thought my parents would say yes. But, as of Wednesday, Friday at the latest- it looks like I'll be homeless and I don't think my parents are going to give me a place to stay. I really just can't believe it. I can't stop crying!

July 25th, 2011, 07:18 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg I'm so sorry! I don't know what to say...did your parents give you a reason why?

July 25th, 2011, 07:22 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
Im so sorry! Maybe they will change there minds, Ill keep you in my T&P.
July 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg, I'm so sorry!!! I know in alot of towns they have homeless shelters just for moms or pregnant women. Maybe you can call ur church and ask if they know of any place you could stay until you get back on your feet.

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
July 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Veteran
they are ready to just be "them"- no kids. I understand, to a point. When they married, they had 5 kids between the two of them- so for the last 23yrs, they've never been alone. And they finally get there- my youngest brother and sister are in college, everyone else is moved out- and now they want their "us" time.

I still just can't belive it.

July 25th, 2011, 07:28 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a friend that you and DD can stay with for a while until you can find a place?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
Wow! I'm sorry if this sounds bad, but it seems like they might be able to postpone "us" time for 6 months or so until you have the baby and can save up enough money to get a new place. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this and I hope they have a change of heart. (((hugs)))
July 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
So they rather have their pregnant daughter homeless than help out some?
That sounds so selfish.
Can they offer any help at all? I'd like to think I could never turn my kids away like that.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

July 25th, 2011, 07:31 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how I'd lay my head down and sleep at night knowing that my daughter and grandkid were out on their butts with no place to stay. How can they enjoy their time together knowing you are in a jam like that? WTH?!?

July 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
. I'm so sorry. I wish I had words for you...praying still that something comes up for you!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
All I can say is WOW what selfish people. So sorry to hear that. What about the baby's father? I haven't been keeping up with stuff on here lately so what's his status?
July 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how they can say that if you made it clear you would be homeless. I'd be calling anyone I could that lived near me. I could not do that to my kids let alone my grandchild!
July 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Veteran
I don't know what's going to happen. Now she is saying "I have no answer right now" so its still all up in the air. Guess I need to start packing so I can at least put my things in storage and not lose a house full of stuff.

Honestly- in the end, I don't think they will allow me to be homeless- but from what my mom is saying, it sure sounds like its a "You got yourself in this situation, we shouldn't have to keep helping you correct the mistakes you make in your life" kind of attitude she and my dad have and I just hope I NEVER NEVER make my DD or this baby ever feel that way- EVER!

As for the dad- he's basically stepped out of the picture until "we get a paternity test". He still asks me via text how I am doing every now and then- but its very "surfacey" and impersonal. Trust me- I tried that avenue when I first started getting sick. In fact, I've tried multiple avenues over the last 9 weeks- different agencies/churches ("we just don't have funding right now, you can call back next week"), friends, family members, etc- and yet- here I am.

And, gosh- I HATE the drama I feel my life has become! I LOATHE drama- but it seems like between the HG and the financial havoc it has caused- I feel like I am drowning in drama and I LOATHE the feeling!

July 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Psalm139's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks that you have no place to go. I've volunteered at many a Crisis Pregnancy Center in the past. They should be able to help you find help. I just googled to see if I could find a national database of centers for you. This might help: Crisis Pregnancy Centers - Pregnancy Care Centers - Worldwide. Often times they can recommend shelters that are particularly for moms or pregnant women. They also should be able to help provide you with maternity clothes, some clothes for baby, food, etc. I know I've folded/sorted/ many such items in the past for giving away and also helped place people in local shelters that are good places to call temporary home.
Psalm 139:13-14 "For you [God] created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

July 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
awe
July 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I can't believe your parents would let you be homeless! I can understand them wanting "me time", but not at the expense of you and their granddaughter not having a place to stay. I'll be praying that something works out for you!

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

July 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like maybe your parents are hoping you'll find another situation so they are waiting until you really have no other option. Try to just take it day by day and pack up your stuff as you have to do anyway and put it in storage if you're able. Hope things look up soon and your parents come around!

Tracy, Mom to 4 wonderful boys!!
July 25th, 2011, 10:34 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
There's a kind of love that I feel for my children that just doesn't allow me to even comprehend what your parents are saying to you. At what point in our lives do we begin to find it ok to turn our backs on our own children. I sure hope she comes around soon. But me personally, I don't even know if I'd feel comfortable staying with her if she changes her mind because she obviously doesn't want you there. But then again, what choice do you have? I am SO sorry you are going through this. It's just not fair. But remember, what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger. The most horrible part is that you're sick. You can't fully even help yourself if you are constantly sick. I don't even know what else to say other than my heart goes out to you. Please KUP

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
do they realise the severity of your situation?
July 25th, 2011, 11:04 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What a horrible situation. I'm so sorry you're going through this! I hope things work out for you with your parents, so that you can at least get through this pregnancy and back on your feet again. I agree with the others, I can't imagine ever letting my own child go homeless... maybe letting them get a bit uncomfortable to force them to act more responsibly in certain situations, but NEVER would I let them go without food and shelter, especially if there were grandbabies involved!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search