some arrogant prick ticked me off! I need to vent

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 10:25 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I posted on FB that my belly's starting to get in my way. 2 seconds later some arrogant prick posted some rant. #2 of that rant was "If you're pregnant stop posting about how enormous your belly is and sharing pictures on facebook. No one cares, it's the same as sharing vacation photos... blah blah blah blah " Really... You wanna piss off a pregnant person publically on FB.. Lets go boy.. ooooooo I'm so mad!! IMO anyone that doesnt like my posts on FB can get the F off of my FB!! He couldnt of kept his stupid mouth shut and just deleted me.. omg!! I officially hate people now. What a way to end what was a great night...

July 25th, 2011, 10:28 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, idiots will always be idiots....brush your hands of the idiot and be thankful he's off your fb . Don't let him ruin your night!

Tracy, Mom to 4 wonderful boys!!
July 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
im sorry hun, i have btdt. people would complain over what i post about on my own dam*n facebook...dont like it either block my stuff or delete me and good riddance.

i like to usually update about how the kids are doing but once in awhile ill post a little vent and oh my god you would think i was saying the most horrible things from some of the things a couple people would say. LOL
July 25th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Exactly.. Youre friends with these people so they can be friendly not ignorant a-holes! If they don't like your life then they should remove themselves from it... that simple. Not try to publically humiliate you. And you should be able to vent on your own fb.. And get advice or cheerful words.. not complaints about your complaints.. geesh. Doesn't ANYONE watch Bambi!?

July 25th, 2011, 10:47 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I actually had someone throw a hissy fit over my profile picture. Right after I found out I was pregnant I used the "I'm so crafty I make people" button which apparently hit a sore spot with this chick. Right then and there I posted and basically said, fair warning...I'm pregnant and I WILL be talking about it, if you have a problem with that block me or delete me now!! I got a ton of support and funny enough, the crazy chick that ranted on my picture didn't.

Don't let one idiot spoil your night, if they feel that way they are SO not worth your time. (Now I'm going to bed for real! )

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 25th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
July 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Tracy~*~ View Post
Hey, idiots will always be idiots....brush your hands of the idiot and be thankful he's off your fb . Don't let him ruin your night!
What she said.

I have had some pregnants annoy me on FB. But, I know where the hide button is. And I'd never go off on them. I just roll my eyes and scroll down. One of them has had their baby and still annoys me, so it very well could be the person...not so much the pregnancy.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 26th, 2011, 07:10 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I saw your post on FB. Sounds like a real jerk...I hate people like that.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks that he just called you out like that to try and control what's on your page. That's why they give you an option to block people's posts from your feed. If you want to see what they're saying, you'll have to purposely check out their wall. I hope it's not really ALL that difficult for an idiot like him, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Firstly, let me say I love that button, its cute and funny.

The reason she may (possibly, not saying this was the reason) have had an issue with it, is because that button is a sore spot for a lot of women TTCAL (trying to conceive after loss). There were a lot of mixed feelings about it, mostly negative, on a TTCAL forum I lurked, because some felt like it was a reminder of their failure to carry on a successful pregnancy.
At least thats what I understood as their offense.
Yeah, I was thinking the same about this, maybe even for women who were suffering from infertility as well. In the past, I blocked SEVERAL of my Facebook friends who talked a lot about their pregnancies (as in-- nothing about themselves or their lives aside from pregnancy-- which just made me sad and angry.) Women dealing with either of those issues have some pretty crazy emotions they deal with on a regular basis, but that still doesn't mean they should get to dictate what you put on your own profile. Blocking posts is probably the most PC way, right?

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

Last edited by jesridge; July 26th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
July 26th, 2011, 08:18 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG.! People are so stupid!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 26th, 2011, 08:23 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's your FB. If he doesn't like what's on it no one is forcing him to look at it. What a jerk!

July 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthGirl View Post
Yeah, I actually had someone throw a hissy fit over my profile picture. Right after I found out I was pregnant I used the "I'm so crafty I make people" button which apparently hit a sore spot with this chick. Right then and there I posted and basically said, fair warning...I'm pregnant and I WILL be talking about it, if you have a problem with that block me or delete me now!! I got a ton of support and funny enough, the crazy chick that ranted on my picture didn't.

Don't let one idiot spoil your night, if they feel that way they are SO not worth your time. (Now I'm going to bed for real! )
I remember you saying that! It was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Firstly, let me say I love that button, its cute and funny.

The reason she may (possibly, not saying this was the reason) have had an issue with it, is because that button is a sore spot for a lot of women TTCAL (trying to conceive after loss). There were a lot of mixed feelings about it, mostly negative, on a TTCAL forum I lurked, because some felt like it was a reminder of their failure to carry on a successful pregnancy.
At least thats what I understood as their offense.
I totally understand that it can be hard for women with infertility to see pregnant women post on FB or take pics. But that's life. You can't shut out everyone. I mean feel free to block them so you don't have to look at it if its truly that painful, but no one has the right to yell at you for be excited and wanting to share with family and friends.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesridge View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same about this, maybe even for women who were suffering from infertility as well. In the past, I blocked SEVERAL of my Facebook friends who talked a lot about their pregnancies (as in-- nothing about themselves or their lives aside from pregnancy-- which just made me sad and angry.) Women dealing with either of those issues have some pretty crazy emotions they deal with on a regular basis, but that still doesn't mean they should get to dictate what you put on your own profile. Blocking posts is probably the most PC way, right?
Well funny enough, the person who flipped out about it is someone who had been struggling right along with me, through years of infertility, through losses and through all of the pain and suffering that comes with it. But the thing is, I AM a very crafty person, I love crafts of all kinds...in fact I even made something personalized for her! So it was really very funny considering how I am (which she very well knew) but she decided to take it personally anyway. There were others who didn't care for the picture, but they didn't go off on me like she did, they just either ignored me or hid the posts. And I told them to, I told them to do that because I wasn't changing who I was and what I wanted to post about on MY FB page just because they didn't want to see it.

After all, people post crap on FB every day that I don't want to see. LOL Doesn't mean I tell them all off for it.

July 26th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Veteran
What an a-hole! I can't believe the gall. Was it a stranger or friend? One of the reasons I don't do FB.

Disclaimer: I'm a very anxious person...
I just can't stomach people who I don't associate with to be able to keep tabs on my life and my children's lives. I know I'm not terribly interesting, but there are enough people out there that I absolutely do not want to know my business, good or bad.

Its bad enough my parents FB and put info or pics about my kids and me - that little bit is already too much for my comfort, LOL...
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 26th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmama View Post
What an a-hole! I can't believe the gall. Was it a stranger or friend? One of the reasons I don't do FB.

It was a guy I use to work with.

July 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Are you still friends with him or did you remove him? Just curious how it all ended.

July 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh this crap rubs me WRONG!!!

I get the same, not for talking about my pregnancy (I am guarded because I have some infertiles on mine) but for expressing how down and upset I may be at the moment. (I am going through horrible turmoil in my personal life and it's mentioned in the private forum).

I get people whining about my "negativity" and all that. This is MY page!!! I can write whatever the hell I want and am so sick of idiots who want to pretend this is a perfect world. Well, wake up people, LIFE CAN SUCK!

Besides, I try to balance the good with the bad and if I wrote about the happenings of my life in depth, they'd really be in for a shock.

Sorry you had to endure that on YOUR page!

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2011, 11:11 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
id much rather see almost ANYTHING then a please send me a cow or come fertilize my crop post haha
July 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
lol yeah I block all those silly farmville things lol. But yeah I deleted him.. I was going to make some snappy come back but he's the type of guy that'd just laugh and say something witty. So I didnt bother... I announced that anyone that didn't like my posts could get the f off of my fb and get their heads outta their arses and find the delete button... suprisingly my friend count is only minus one (the original ahole)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search