We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Heck yeah! My grandma isn't the best at giving out recipes, we're convinced she leaves out ingredients so our stuff doesn't turn out as good as hers. LOL! Do you have any good recipes for gnocchi or lasagna? How about spinach lasagna? Carbonara? Geez, now I'm hungry!
1 egg red per person
Spaghetti (as much as you desire to eat)
Parmisan cheese (at least a full small bowl )
Small cubes of smoked bacon (as much as you want)
How to make it….
1. Boil enough water for the pasta.
2. Put the bacon cubes in a pan with a little oil (or butter if you prefer) and cook them but don’t burn them!! Take the fire off when it’s done…leave them to rest.
3. Grate the parmisan cheese into a small bowl and but pepper (as much as you want)
Mix it with a spoon a put it aside.
4. Break eggs (one for each person who will be eating) – separate the red and put it in a bowl and beat them with a fork. Let them rest (I always add a little pepper to the eggs, but that’s cause I love pepper )
5. When water boils throw in salt (the big kind)—(salt is up to you, I usually put a a table spoon and a half)
6. Wait till the water really boils a lot and then throw in the spaghetti…( it you don’t break the spaghetti they taste better..but if you’re used to breaking them that’s ok)
7. Once the spaghetti is cooked drain it
8. In the pan where the spaghetti was put a bit of the bacon, then the spaghetti and then the rest of the bacon on top.
9. Thrown in the beaten raw egg and put the pan back on and mix (try NOT to break the spaghetti while mixing, turn gently)
10. Throw in the parmisan and keep turning
11. Once you see the egg is cooked, it’s done..
12. Serve with a bit of virgin olive oil and if you like parmisan cheese you can add some more on top.
That’s it….BUON APPETITO!!!
Ps. I hope it’s all clear I’m not too good at writing recipies…so if you have question just ask…
I will look up the lasagna and gnocchi recepies..and let you know...
Let me know how it turns out!!
My mom lived in Sicily for several years and it's funny how she cooks better Italian food than Hungarian or Cajun, what we are. I love all of her italian recipes. If you have anymore I'd love to have them.
I've never been to sicily but My DB sais that's it absolutely beautifull....Iěd like to go sometime soon...I posted a lasagna recipe (don't know if you saw it) ... let me know what you'd like and I see what I can do..