IRL- Just for fun

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I remember when I first joined FB, there was a fun survey out called 25 Random Things About Me. Well I don't wanna try and think of 25, but I thought it'd be fun to at least post a few. Anyone else feel free to contribute.

Here's me IRL

1. I'm a school teacher (2nd grade)

2. I despise furry pets

3. I believe in ghosts

4. Needles give me serious anxiety

5. I can't dance, not even a little bit

6. I have the biggest feet in all my family (size 9)

7. I'm afraid of roller coasters

8. I haven't told my mother I'm pregnant yet

9. I recently wet my bed due to a sneeze (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

10. As a child, I used water in my fruit loops instead of milk.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Ursie77's Avatar Veteran
1. I cried when I saw Incubus in concert

2. My dream job would be working at Rolling Stones Magazine

3. I was teased in high school for being "too white"

4. I use to eat white rice and ketchup together

5. I have respect for all religion

6. I am straight, but I am a big advocate of Gay rights

7. My favorite color is black

8.My tv guilty pleasure is the show Ghost Adventures

9. I cry at movies... a lot

10. I love being a mom...it is what I was born to do.

July 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpea82 View Post

1. I'm a school teacher (2nd grade)
I teach 2nd grade also!!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
1. My favorite band is Type O Negative.
2. I'm obsessed with anything Sanrio and/or cupcakes.
3. I enjoy writing in my spare time.
4. I'm near-sighted in my left eye and far-sighted in my right eye.
5. I don't wear my glasses as often as I am supposed to.
6. I like keeping my nails long.
7. I'm allergic to strawberries, bee's, and caffeine.
8. Halloween is my favorite day!
9. I'm an Agnostic Atheist.
10. I'm extremely pale.

July 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
1. I love all types of music but was raised on country and rock.

2. My grandparents helped my mom raise me. Another reason I am so close to them.

3. My mom was once my best friend. I would do anything to get that back.

4. I have lived away from my mom for most of my life. I think out of my 21 years I have lived with my mom for about 15 of it.

5. My brother saved my life.

6. I raised DF baby sister for the first 2 1/2 years of her life.

7. I used to want to be a famous singer and actress.

8. I have been "the other women"

9. My "first love" was an abusive, cheating, prick.

10. When I get married I am having my brother walk me down the asile. I don't have the heart to pick between my step dad and my grandpa.
July 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Anna- View Post
I teach 2nd grade also!!
I am being moved to 2nd this year from 5th. I want to cry! I only taught 2nd once before and that was the year I had my DD who is almost 5. I like older kids. Going on maternity leave during the school year SUCKED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Nexus View Post
9. I'm an Agnostic Atheist.
I know what an Athiest is, but what's an Agnostic Athiest? If you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by mlpea82; July 26th, 2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling error
July 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing how much we can have in common...

1. I hated children, till I had my own.

2. Death in my family usually comes in the form of some sort of tragic accident.

3. I got teased in Elementary school, for being "the white girl"

4. When we renew our vows, my brother is walking me down the aisle. Definitely!

5. I'm a huge G33K and big time gamer. Not usually found in Mommyhood.

6. I graduated top of my class.

7. I'm terrified of needles! Last time I had blood work, I passed out and threw up, in that order!

8. I have more hobbies then any one person should have.

9. I respect all creeds, races, religions, backgrounds and sexual preferences, but I hate stupid people.

10. I'm intuitive and that creeps people out.
July 26th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't think of anything interesting enough to list right now! I'm such a dull person.

Quote:
I know what an Athiest is, but what's an Agnostic Athiest? If you don't mind me asking?
I'm confused by "agnostic atheist", too. Seems to me you're either one or the other.

July 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkli View Post
I can't think of anything interesting enough to list right now! I'm such a dull person.

I'm confused by "agnostic atheist", too. Seems to me you're either one or the other.
I had to Google it because I actually had no idea, and I've STUDIED religion, so I feel 'tupid . Wikipedia will tell you. I'm still too new to post links. >_<
July 26th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
For those wondering -
Agnostic atheism, also called atheistic agnosticism, is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity, and agnostic because they do not claim to know with certainty whether any deity exists.

Wikipedia

July 26th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Veteran
1. My middle name is spelled with only ONE "N"- it's Lyn

2. I have 5 brothers and 1 sister

3. I'm a FL native- which, at my age, is a rare find!

4. I graduated from homeschool- with 32 credit hours, FL requirements are only 24....I took an ENTIRE extra yr of classes b/c my brother didn't want me graduating a year early with him!

5. I spent 1/2 of my senior yr of high school as a nanny in Portugal

6. I have climbed the Great Wall of China- and I have the T-shirt to prove it!

7. I didn't learn to drive until I was 20yrs old- I was scared!!

8. I hated pizza as a child

9. I was deathly- as in, freak out deathly!, afraid of dogs until I was 13. I still get nervous around big dogs.

10. I was run over by a car when I was 5yrs old. I still have a scar on my right leg- my head/body was inches from the tires, and yet there was not a single scratch on my neck/head.

11. I hit my head and had a concussion when I was 9- ended up with some minor bleeding on the brain.

12. Both 10 & 11 were the result of my brothers!

13. When I was in the 5th grade, I wanted to name my daughter Ariel Marie- oddly enough, my DD's fave Disney princess is Ariel (and she picked her as her fave even before she saw the movie)

14. I've been to Disney World over 100times! DD and I used to have season passes for 2yrs straight- and we went a lot as a kid.

15. I am allergic to Rice and Rye.

16. My first kiss was when I was 19yrs old.

17. I was a virgin when I married my ex-dh

18. I won a female public speaking competition as a senior in high school- scored a bunch of scholarship money for college!

19. I am a published poet! In the 7th grade, I had a poem published in the Anthropology of Young Poets- looks back, it's a pretty crappy poem! LOL

20. I've taken Ballet, Jazz, Baton lessons, Cheerleading lessons, and played backsteball as a kid/teenager.

21. I still resent the fact that I had to quit dance when my dad lost his job when I was 10, but my brothers got to continue to play soccer. It wasn't until this year that I mentioned it to my mom (20yrs later!) and she said "Well, the cost of your dance lessons for ONE month was equal to all 4 of your brothers playing soccer for an entire season!" Oops! lol

22. I've got my ears peirced twice in each ear, but am only able to wear earrings in my first holes.

23. I've got DDD boobs- every other girl in my family (mom, sister, g'ma, aunt, cousins, etc) are a C cup or smaller- I have NO clue where my big boobs come from!

24. My mother gave birth to me when she was 21yrs & 7 months old. I gave birth to my DD when I was 21yrs & 7 months old.

25. My g'm graduated high school in 1955, my mom in 1977, my aunt in 1988, me in 1999...my neice will graduate in 2022!

There- all 25!! That was fun!

July 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Nexus View Post
For those wondering -
Agnostic atheism, also called atheistic agnosticism, is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity, and agnostic because they do not claim to know with certainty whether any deity exists.

Wikipedia
Thanks, but that just went so far over my head! I'm going to have to do more research. I am so ignorant to stuff like this, but it's interesting nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by mlpea82; July 26th, 2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add
July 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Thanks, but that just went so far over my head! I'm going to have to do more research. I am so ignorant to stuff like this, but it's interesting nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!
To put it simply:
(I'm a Secular Humanist so these aren't my exact feelings; just the first-person words one might use)

"I see no evidence of a deity and don't personally believe in one; however I'm not so rigid to insist that my way is the only way. With sufficient evidence I am willing to consider all options."

IOW, if Buddha appeared in a glowing orb, an Agnostic Atheist will tend to hear ol' Buddha out.
Some of the more stringent Atheists would demand to know who was working the hologram.
A Humanist, on the other hand, would nod and say "Cool. I'm doing fine on my own, though, thanks."

July 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGirl81 View Post
1. My middle name is spelled with only ONE "N"- it's Lyn
Aww. That's my older DD's middle name, too.

July 26th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkli View Post
Aww. That's my older DD's middle name, too.

Awwww...I've honestly never seen it like that, as a middle name, except for me and my mom. funny thing is, my mom was supposed ti be Tamara Lynne....but I guess in my grandmas haste to fill out the birth certificate, my grandma left off the extra letters, lol

July 26th, 2011, 08:52 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I hate the cold; I get really lazy and moody in the winter so I have to go tanning to keep sane!

2. I tend to avoid hanging out with females because they annoy me.. most of them are two faced and talk about random b.s. I'd rather hang with the guys.

3. With that.. I'm sort of a tom boy. I love sports and am willing to get dirty to have fun. I cuss too much and get too competetive and mean. But I can also get all done up to turn heads, lol

4. I Love summer, but get lazy from the heat.. not cuz it sucks but because it relaxes me and makes me mellow. I love heat. I could sit in a scaulding hot bath for hours when you could hardly put ur toes in without yelping!

5. I am very indecisive. I can never make up my mind cuz I'm always second guessing myself.

6..I hate doing the dishes. I will have a pile of dishes in my sink for days but I bet my toilet will be sparkeling clean!

7.Old men creeeep me out! I have no idea why. I had a OB that was an older male and he was on rounds when I went into labor, I asked him when his shift was over and held out until then. lol.

8.I love cars... A sexy car will turn my head before a hot guy. lol.

9.Before Josh came along I was in a really bad abusive relationship with my high school best friend. I didn't want to break it off and loose my best friend and thought he would change.. He stangled me, spit on me, threw me into bookshelves, coffee tables, doors. I've been to physical therapy and chiropractors but my back just won't stop hurting from it.

10. Despite that ^ I'm thankful that it happened, because it made me a stronger woman and brought me out of my "shell" and brought me to the most amazing man I could have ever hoped for! <3

July 27th, 2011, 07:57 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
1. I put 5 heaping tablespoons of sugar in my coffee with a lot of cream/milk.

2. I love the cold. When it's hot I get a little on edge.

3. I have no fashion sense whatsoever. Seriously, SO has to tell me if it matches.

4. I grew up on my grandparent's farm with my mom and brother. I miss it terribly.

5. I refuse get a dog because I know one day it will die.

6. I broke my jaw when I was in 1st grade, I was thrown off a horse and a tree broke my fall.

7. I had a stroke when I was pregnant with DD, had lasting aphasia for a few months and still have right sided weakness. When I'm sick or tired the right side of my face droops slightly.

8. I have never lived alone.

9. My mom is one of my best friends. It took me making her same mistakes to understand her and not resent her.

10. I want to move to WA state where DD lives but am terrified of moving away from my family.

July 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is fun, thanks for the idea! Let's see how many I can whip up:

1. I can't NOT have a pet. I tried for a month when DH and I first got married, and I was so stressed out. They are my #1 stress relief.

2. On that note- I have two dogs, one cat, and keep a marine aquarium. DH keeps an African cichlid aquarium. Our friends tell us we have a zoo.

3. Again, on that note-- at one time, I owned 11 cats at once. Luckily, they were outdoor cats and we lived out in the cornfields of Illinois.

4. I'm a neat freak. I vacuum once a day, sometimes twice, and I change my sheets weekly, which DH makes fun of me for.

5. I'm slightly introverted, but when I am given enough time to get to know people(by listening or soaking up their personalities before I interact much with them) I will talk their ears off.

6. I hate listening to music that I have heard many times before. I'm a huge indie music fan.

7. I tend to have a hard time making friends with girls. I've found that a lot of girls are fake at first, and I hate that. Pairing that with being slow to warm up to new people in general, I don't make girl friends very often. Guys are way more honest and easier to joke around with without making a big deal out things if I say something stupid or offensive.

8. Because of the above, I am sort of hoping to have a boy.

9. Every one of DH's and my siblings got pregnant with surprise babies before they were ready. We have 4 nieces and 1 nephew. We're the only ones who planned and tried for a while to get pregnant. We find that kind of interesting, but not necessarily a bad thing-- just how life works itself out.

10. When DH got out of the Navy, he applied to several different companies all over the nation. He ended up accepting a job back "home" in Alabama, which is the place we like the least.

11. Neither one of us is from Alabama originally-- I'm from the St. Louis area, and he's from New Orleans.

12. I have a teaching degree in secondary social studies, but I am not currently teaching.

13. I made a high enough ACT score to get a full ride to a good college, and I'm super thankful I don't have expensive tuition loans to pay off.

14. I like to paint when it's cold outside, and I've sold a few of my paintings. I am always amazed when I do.

15. I started getting gray hair around age 21. I totally dye it, though!

16. I can run a sub-30 minute 5k when I'm not pregnant... barefoot! (Seriously, it's a thing.)

... and I really can't think of anything else exciting. I think 16 is good, though.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
1. DH and I are the true Seattle love story... we met working at Starbucks.

2. DH was my first everything... first boyfriend, first kiss, first lover (and we waited until the wedding night after 6.5 yrs of dating!!)

3. I lost my Dad to chondrosarcoma when he was 53. I was 4 months pregnant with Josiah at the time, and Josiah has his name as his mn.

4. I'm a professional singer, trained in classical and musical theater. Here is a link to video of a recital I did recently with my private voice students: &#x202a;A Summer Voice Recital(2/2)&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

5. I am also the music coach for the home education exchange in our district... I teach K-3 general music, and a 6-12 grade choir.

6. I took ballet for 18 years

7. My biggest fear is drowning

8. I hate scary movies

9. I have 16 pins and a metal plate in my mouth from jaw surgery to correct an underbite... the WORST experience of my entire life! Far worse than childbirth!

10. My brother and I are 6.5 years apart because my Mom had two 3rd trimester losses in between us, and was on complete bedrest while pregnant with my brother.

July 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok hmmm.

1. Don't like pets especially furry ones
2. I don't like underwear
3. Don't eat pork but it smells so good
4. I'm saved attend a holiness church
5. Gone to college twice
6. Take steriod everyday for asthma
7. I have big feet (size 10)
8. There's a tattoo of a flower vine with a humming bird feeding at it.... Down my back
9. I tan eventhough I'm brown
10. I don't have a computer
11. My brother is 15 yrs younger than me, my sister is 17 yrs younger than me

That's all I got !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search