Movement?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Brooke16's Avatar Love my boys!
I'm so tired of reading all the email updates of "Have you felt your baby move yet?" I get the Daily Kick from Parents.com and I feel like every day is talking about movement.

I'm a BTDT mom who feels like I should have felt something by now, but I haven't. Well I think I have, but I'm not sure and I can go days without "feeling" it. Are there others out there like me? Anyone at 17+ Weeks and still not feeling the flutters? It's been 48 hours or more since I last thought I felt baby move. I've drank some Cherry Limade and laid on my left side and nothing...I'm trying not to freak out. I go back and forth...but my next appt. is Aug. 1st for my ultrasound and I'm so scared of being blindsided.

July 26th, 2011, 11:34 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Don't worry. The baby is still pretty small at this point. Everyone is not as sensitive to the feeling as others. Do you remember how many weeks you were when you felt it with your other pregnancy? Also, I've read that it can be like up to 20 weeks before some women feel anything at all.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Do you know if your placenta is anterior???

The reason I ask is b/c I am having the SAME thing. With 2 previous pgs, I felt movement daily at this point. All I get are sporadic wigglings that could still be gas, but I'm pretty sure its the baby.

My MW thinks I have an anterior placenta, but it hasn't been confirmed. If so, it would explain not feeling anything yet. I wouldn't worry, and I'll let you know if I find anything out at my appt on Friday where I intend to ask my MW the same thing.
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
everyone is getting excited that they can feel something so they start a thread about it, they are excited for others to feel it too, I don't think it's to make us upset..

I just started feeling movement myself at the end of 16 weeks. It will come.. has your doctor talked about an anterior placenta? (lol major repeater here)

Pretty soon we will all be complaining about how baby is keeping us up at night it will come, try not to worry or get too upset.
July 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is my third pregnancy and I am 16 weeks. No movement yet.

I don't think I felt movement until 20-ish weeks with my first and 18+ weeks with my second. Also, both of my kids have been very inactive in the womb which is why I invested in a fetal doppler the last time around, to ease my mind when days would pass without feeling anything even late in the third trimester.

I finally realize that this is totally normal FOR ME. I am still thankful for that doppler, though.

July 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I didn't really mean you ladies starting threads upset me...it is more the emails I get from Parents.com. I have no idea about my placenta...? And I can't really remember feeling DS until I could feel it on the outside. I just remember one day I was laying funny on the couch and reading and felt a bump bump so I put my hand on my belly and felt it again on my hand. I don't remember, but I can't remember, feeling it before then. Hopefully soon because I'm tired of feeling so nervous. I was so blissfully unaware of everything with DS...

July 26th, 2011, 11:55 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I am in the same boat. I am a first timer though. I felt the baby the other day super strong that was last week and havent felt anything since. It worries me

"It's hard to wait around for something
that might not never be,
but it's harder to let go when it is EVERYTHING
you ever wanted."
July 26th, 2011, 01:49 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
hey brooke, i wonder if you have an anterior placenta like me? i can feel some thumps, but not strong at all, and i can go loooong periods and feel nothing. when you have your next u/s, ask them if its anterior. i bet thats all it is!

<3

<3
July 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally know what you mean, Brooke. This is my third pregnancy and if I go a few days now without noticing movement, I freak out. You may just be super busy or even sleeping when the baby is most active.
July 26th, 2011, 02:10 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I *think I feel it and then I don't for a few days, which then of course freaks me out. I can't WAIT to feel baby consistently.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday3 View Post
or even sleeping when the baby is most active.
I agree with this. I have not felt the bean move since last week. I told DF that earlier today cause I was getting a little worried but he said he felt the baby move last night when I was sleeping. That has been happening a lot. I think its so sweet, its like there already bonding. I get a little jealous though cause I cant feel it when I am sleeping so I have no idea its going on. haha.

"It's hard to wait around for something
that might not never be,
but it's harder to let go when it is EVERYTHING
you ever wanted."
July 26th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Miscarriage and God mentioned in this post: I think it's just my miscarriage making me so nervous. It's like one morning I can wake up and think, this is my baby! I'm having this baby. God and Gabriel gave me this baby on such an awesome due date to show me I shouldn't worry and just enjoy this pregnancy. Then other days I'll wake up in a panic and worry all day that God can give be he can also take away. And just worry all day that I've lost the baby already. Nothing reassures me. I think I felt the baby move while I was napping today...but it could have just been a dream so I'm still just as worried as I was when I posted this. This week could not go fast enough!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search