Names;;

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 01:20 PM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
Have any of you decided on names yet?

We have decided.

If its a girl she is going to be Isabella Lynn
[We were going to do Isabella Marie. But I just found out that DFs mom's middle name was Lynn and my mom's middle is Lynn so we decided to do that. 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing ]

If its a boy he is going to be Ignacio Andrew
[After his daddy and his daddys uncle]
July 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I have gotten nowhere with names yet! I'm actually scared to put too much into it at this point. Maybe I'll feel better once I know the gender... If I know the gender...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2011, 01:25 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
It is Marko's turn to pick since I didn't give him even the least bit of consideration when I picked Elizabeth's name.

He says:

Girl: Quorra Jane...I think Jane was the middle name.

Boy: BIG FREAKING SECRET that he won't even tell me. However, I do know that the name will have something to do with the month in which he is born.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 26th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great names!

July 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quorra - is that pronounced like Cora? I kept my son's name a secret until he popped out! It was so funny, everyone in the delivery room was in suspense waiting to hear his name!

July 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Veteran
I am not "set" on these- still waiting to get a baby name book from a friend.

But for now- the top 2 names are as follows:

Paul Daniel (This is in honor of my stepdad- who, by all means, is my DAD!!- his name is Daniel Paul. When my brother had his second son 2 yrs ago, they named him Daniel Robert (after my step dad and my SILs dad- their first son is Allen Jeffery after my bio father (his middle name is Allen) and my brother (his name is Jeffrey). For YEARS (since having DD) I wanted to honor my step dad and use Daniel if I ever had a son- and well, using my step dads name, backwards, is a good substitute in my book!)

Tamaralyn Faith (My mom's name is Tamara Lyn. I have her middle name as well and it is where my daughter's name, Ashlyn, stems from (our middle names) I wanted to stay with a -lyn name for another girl, and I've recently fallen in love with using my mom's full name as a first name. Different, but not weird, IMO. The only "con" is my sister's name is also Tamara (Tamara Danielle- after both my mom and step dad) but she goes by "Dani" and has since she was born (she is almost 22). She did mention that she would be p*ssed if I used Tamara as a first name- but quite frankly- I learned (in the case of my brother using my beloved name Daniel) that you can't stake claim to a name- and to just name your child what YOU want to name them- so I'm sticking with my mom's full name as a first name....for now)

Like I said- these are not set in stone, and still may change- but I'm in love with these names right now!

July 26th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh those are precious. I had an obsession with names ever since I was a little girl so naming children is SO hard for me! We named our first daughter Torrence simply because we were SO sick of going back and forth and as soon as he suggested it, I said "FINE!" and that was that.

My favorite names right now aren't flying either *sigh* but I can dream.

Girl: Sayler Belle
Boy: Roman Alexander
July 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Anastasia Nicole
or
Alexander Nikolai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Boy: BIG FREAKING SECRET that he won't even tell me.
You are going to have a son named Optimus Prime; you know that, right?

July 26th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Luna Nexus's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Luna Nexus
Boy - Vincent Conrad Glenn.. Vincent is a strong name that I've always loved, Conrad is my father in laws father who passed away and never got his name carried on, and Glenn is a family name.

Girl - Camille Mae.
Camille means perfect and my baby is <3! Mae is my mother and my nana's middle name, so it's been passed on and I'm doing my part.

July 26th, 2011, 02:18 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
You are going to have a son named Optimus Prime; you know that, right?
LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Nexus View Post

Girl - Camille Mae.
Camille means perfect and my baby is <3! Mae is my mother and my nana's middle name, so it's been passed on and I'm doing my part.
My sister's name is Camille and I have always loved that name. I wanted to use it as a middle name for my DD, but it didn't "go" maybe I'll use it if this one's a girl because I still LOVE the name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search