Let's Brag on our DHs

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not trying to make anyone feel bad if they are not in a great situation with their partner, but I thought we could celebrate our awesome DHs some.

Tell us some of the awesome things your DH does for you during your pregnancy?

I'll go first. I have really difficult pregnancies. I get very sick and pretty much have to sleep a lot and sit around the rest of the time. I cant be around food let alone cook it. My DH did great with my first pregnancy but it was easier because we didnt have another child to care for. This time he has been so wonderful. He has taken on all the cleaning and all of the food prep. Up until this week he has done the grocery shopping too. Im starting to feel a bit better so im trying to do more now. He has cooked for DS and himself every meal (he works from home). He gets up with DS and feeds him breakfast and watches out for him while i get extra sleep. He runs out to the store if I get an idea of anything that i can actually eat. He has really just done so much to make it easier on me and to keep DS entertained during the summer. DS started school yesterday and I took him yesterday but last night I had a rough night where I was having back spasms and barfing and ended not sleeping well at all. I woke up to my alarm this morning and DH told me to go back to sleep that he would take DS to school today. It really helped that I got the extra sleep and Im feeling a bit better because of it.
I just have to say that I love my DH and I am so happy that he is my partner in all of this. I dont know what I would do if I didnt have him.
DD born 1/3/12

July 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awwe, I'd love to. Df has been AWESOME!! He went out last night and got me a milkshake just because I said.. mmm "I'd love a milkshake" he hopped up and said what kind.. lol. Then this morning he made me breakfast. He did all the dishes and Laundry and he barely ever lets me get up to get anything.. Im gonna get fat if he keeps spoiling me! He's been really great and super sweet. =)

July 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's helping me sooo much with the children and housework. I'm not allowed to move furniture, touch the cat box or lift anything. He gets mad at people in the store that nearly run me over (I'm short) and is very protective. He'll get me any food I want and lets me indulge in my obsession with baby stuff no matter how annoying I get.

When I get migraines he'll rub my head, and he'll rub my back and helps me rub cream on my stomach (it's itching SO much from the stretching).

He's been a real angel. He even leaves me surprise "I love you" notes in my car and on the desk and buys me random presents because he knows how stressful pregnancy can be. Thank goodness for DH!

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 26th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Awwww! My dh let me get on top of him this morning.
He also offered to get me taco bell last night.
And he gave me a long back rub last night.
That's bragging huh?

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

July 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Brooke16's Avatar Love my boys!
Awww your DH's are so sweet! During pregnancy my DH has a "my dad didn't treat my mom that way, so why should I" attitude. But I'm not saying he doesn't do a lot...he just doesn't give into my every craving and need.

He works over 40 hours a week on a salary. Meaning he doesn't get paid for anything over 40 hours. He has used most of his vacation time every year between my doctor appointments, staying in the hospital when I had DS, staying in the hospital while we had the miscarriage and going to most every single dr. appt. for DS. He is also a full time student. And though sometimes I would love for him to go get me some ice cream or cheesecake at odd hours, I love even more that he works so much in order to let me be a SAHM for now.

July 26th, 2011, 04:44 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Your partners seem so sweet! My DH and I have been bickering a lot lately, I think we are both really stressed with work and no time to keep up with anything. Tonight I just went up to give our DD a bath and put her to bed and when I came down he had put all of her toys away, did the dishes and started the dishwasher. It was little, but those are all things I normally do, so it was really nice of him to do it for me : )

July 26th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SO can't keep his hands off me or my belly. And I love it!!

July 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
DH brought me a glass of chocolate milk and a pickle last night without questioning it or making fun of me Trueeeee love.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Regular
What a great thread! I feel very blessed in general to have such a helpful husband. He is awesome with our son. He is in the Army and just started a new job that requires a lot of his time and energy. He still helps clean up after dinner and we alternate bath nights so I'm not the only one giving little man a bath. He's been very attentive to all my sickness needs (tums, brushing his teeth down stairs so the smell of toothpaste doesn't make me gag, and not judging me for all the random things I'm eating). We are not perfect and like everyone else we have our days, but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

July 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
My DH has been wonderful! We both work full time and anytime I don't feel like cooking he stops at the store to pick up something he can grill or brings home take out. He ALWAYS let's me pick the restaurant when we go out and hasn't complained once since my libido tanked during the first trimester (it's starting to make a bit of a comeback, but slowly). He does absolutely anything I ask him to do like bringing in the groceries, walking the dog or whatever. And he's so protective which I find completely adorable. Love that guy sooooo much!!!!
July 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ursie77's Avatar Veteran
My DH has been shaving my legs and bikini line for me. He cooks almost all the dinners and does the dishes. And he also goes out and gets whatever craving I am having at the time. Oh and he goes to all of the doctor appointments.Yay DH!!!

July 26th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine always lets me sleep in, and waits on me hand and foot, even if he works overtime.. He always takes over with the little ones when he gets home.

I have been so sick though.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
SoCalJB's Avatar Veteran
My DH is a saint, no lie. He runs out at all hours of the night to get me whatever I'm craving, gives me long ol' backrubs, comforts me when I'm on a hormonal crying jag, and most importantly, assures me that no, I do not look fat in those clothes. I love him to pieces.
July 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Shaving your legs.. back rubs.. getting you milkshakes?!? My DH needs to step it up. All he did was the dishes! LOL! I'm happy about the dishes, but sheesh! I think I need to print this thread out and "accidentally" leave it out on the table

July 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Although DH has said some dumb things lately. He has done some nice things to make up. He let's me sleep late. He does a lot of the cleaning because of my allergies I sneeze all day. Oh yeah!! Today he took me to the store and helped me shop even though I didnt think I should get anything (we just paid for leg braces for our son) he told me not to worry and pick out some cute skirts all by himself !!
July 26th, 2011, 07:10 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great topic!

My DH waited on my hand and foot while I was sick. He also did everything around the house so I could rest when I got home from work. He's also cool with me being a stay at home mom for the first few years even though I know that puts a lot of weight on his shoulders to be the only source of income.

July 26th, 2011, 08:10 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH rubs my feet, legs, hips, and back at least 2x a week
everytime he goes to the kitchen he ask me if I need anything

AND now thanks to Ashyo727 I really want a milkshake mmmm....
July 27th, 2011, 12:02 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Mine is just awesome period..he used to have some issues but has done a complete 180. He is very loving and gentle, runs to the store in the middle of the night, just awesome. I'm very happy to have him in my life...he has his butthead moments but they are rare.
July 27th, 2011, 05:19 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
Dh is more cuddly at night now that I am pregnant. I try to place his hand on my belly where I think the baby is kicking and then we just fall asleep like that. I love it because normally he just rolls over to the opposite side of the bed.

July 27th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Sadly I dont see any if you girls posting about the new BMW or extreme items dh bought you. Where oh where has our fun gone???

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search