who are our vbac mamma's

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 05:09 PM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be attempting another vbac....as long as this baby is smaller than christopher i think i will be ok LOL

July 26th, 2011, 05:18 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I am a VBAC hopeful It all depends on how everything goes....

With Eli I had an unplanned/emergency c/s due to failure to progress. I was stalled on 6 for over 6 hours and he was trying to come out which was causing him to decel.
I was induced due to PIH.

If I could have my perfect pregnancy, labor and delivery I would avoid the PIH and induction this time. I would go into labor naturally and progress naturally to have a VBAC.
However, I know the real possibility of another induction and another c/s. There are so many factors, so I am HOPING it is in the cards for me. I understand that a failure to progress might just be the way my body works and it very well could happen again. Hopefully, I won't need an induction and maybe I won't stall going naturally?

Anyway, ramble ramble. Probably a lot more that you were looking for

I really hope to have a vaginal birth this time!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me! This will be my 5th VBAC. Unless there is a true emergency.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
christopher my water broke at 4am on the 15th after being in labour for two days and being completely TIRED they found out that at 1000pm he was TOO BIG they pushed him back up the birth canal SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL THAT IS A ONE WAS STREET!!!! and did a section at 230am on the 17th.

With matthew they told me he would be bigger than his brother by a good 2 pounds my doctor kept pushing me to just schedule a section i refused and in the end had a successful vbac..(he was about 2 1/2 pounds smaller)

of course thats the short version of both of their births

July 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish - doctor said no way after my last emergency c-section.

July 26th, 2011, 05:31 PM
How big was your first? That story sounds horrible! Pushing him back in and all that....blech! Why did they wait so long to do the surgery after they pushed him back in and how did they decide he was too big?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 05:33 PM
yeah some cases are just too risky to attempt one. Which I totally understand
I hope to do no drugs (I have yet to have a birth without pitocin or oxytocin (SP?) and thats my goal this time 100% drug free

July 26th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBee View Post
I wish - doctor said no way after my last emergency c-section.
What was teh emergency? You know that NJ is one of the WORST states for giving birth right? I had to fight tooth and nail for my daughter's VBAC even though I had already been succesful twice. If you want some pointers on doctors that will be honest with you about your chances of VBAC let me know, I can get you in contact with a very helpful group of women.

Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Regular
I too am a VBAC hopeful. I'm HOPING to go naturally with no induction or epi. With my son I was progressing great but I reached 5cm my doctor broke my water (Not what I wanted) and went down hill quickly. turns out little man was sunny side up with the cord wrapped around his neck. With each contraction it was causing his heart rate to drop significantly. It was one of those stabbing needles in me, running me down the hall type experiences. I'm hopeful for a much better experience this go round!

July 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I wanted to. Talked to my midwife last week. She said we will schedule a repeat section at 39 weeks and if I go into full blown labor on my own before that then should would let me try.

I got an elective induction with Ethan at 39 weeks and totally regret that. I should have just waited. I got to 10 cm and pushed for 3 hours after laboring for 30 hours but he was sunny side up and not coming out. So I ended in a csection. He was 8 lbs 11 oz at 39 weeks.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
July 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Schedule at 39 weeks? Why?

Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM
he was 9.10 it wasnt his weight that killed me it was the size of his shoulders.
They didnt decide till long into birth that i was having a big baby and i got some stupid doctor on call I WILL DIE IF I GET HER AGAIN and she went to go deliver 2 of her own patients between pushing him back in and doing my section. I ended up with a horrible infection and did 2 weeks on antibiotics Another reason why I refused a second section

Today my christopher is a 7year old moose he is 4 feet 7 inches tall and is about 78 pounds. He has size 5 feet (we can almost share the same shoes LOL) He was born to be big
I think he would make a great foot ball player
this is my christopher at birth

and here he is today

July 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Schedule at 39 weeks? Why?
Was this to me? If so, they always do their sections at 39 weeks. IDK I work in L&D and thats just what they do. I've seen a ton of failed VBACs at work and It scares me to have to be in labor for 3 days again and end up getting cut.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
July 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im going for a vbac. I only want to be induced or have a section if its a true medical emergency. I wish I was far more informed last time round!
July 26th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Ashley~* View Post
Was this to me? If so, they always do their sections at 39 weeks. IDK I work in L&D and thats just what they do. I've seen a ton of failed VBACs at work and It scares me to have to be in labor for 3 days again and end up getting cut.
I just never understand why they schedule them so early. It doesn't make sense to me. If you actually want to VBAC your best chance is to wait for labor, regardless of if it happens before 39 weeks or not. Plus, it is healthy for baby to go through the labor process. Even if you are worried about a failed TOL waiting to go into labor naturally and then reporting to the hospital for the c-section has SO many benefits for the baby. Particularly you are much more certain that the baby is developed (barring early labor for some unforeseen reason).

Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 11:32 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i wont be attempting vbac..i was induced with dd and it was horrible expierence for her and me and ds was breech and my dr refuses to vbac breech babys and he also wont vbac after 2 previous csections and that is the only hospital in our area that allows vbac unless we want to drive 3-4 hours away. so csection it is!

also i am deathly afraid of another csection because with my back problems i had to be knocked out with ds. it was very traumatizing for me so i wish i could go into labor on my own but even then im not sure what would happen once i get to the hospital since my dr wont vbac.
July 26th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Am I the only one that won't let a doctor/midwife dictate to me what is going to happen with MY body?

My doctor told me at my first visit that I might not be 'allowed' to VBAC if the on call doctor doesn't feel comfortable with it. That is NOT an acceptable answer to me. I will not lay down and have major abdominal surgery because the doctor is not comfortable with VBAC. It is my body, my choice and when my choice is equally as safe as the doctor's choice it is a no brainer for me.

Any doctor that won't "allow" VBAC or VBA2C because they are afraid of the possibility of uterine rupture really should be afraid of vaginal birth, period. The risk of UR is the thing that sets VBAC apart from 'normal' vaginal birth. This risk is not a risk of VBAC alone, but totally a risk of PREGNANCY after c-section. Every woman that has had a previous surgical birth (or other uterine surgery) is at risk for spontaneous uterine rupture. If a VBAC momma is left alone and able to labor unhindered and not pushed to a specific timetable for labor and delivery, she is very safe. The risk of rupture is less than .2% that means 99.8% of the VBAC births will NOT rupture. There are other risks associated with vaginal birth in GENERAL that are more likely to happen. This are just as dangerous as UR, yet doctors do not say that every woman should be forced to have a c-section. Things like prolapsed cord, shoulder dystocia and abrupted placenta happen at rates as high or higher than the risk of uterine rupture. Any birth attendant that tells a woman VBAC/VBA2C is not 'safe' should not be doing birth at all. Any hospital that is unable to 'allow' VBAC because they are not equipped for it, is not equipped for vaginal birth.

Sail Back to Me
July 26th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I personally just rather do the csection..we have no one to watch our kids or when I went into labor and have to drive 3-4 hours away and while I labor etc. It's easier for us to find a sitter just while we have the csection and then hubby can go home to the kids.

I had even tried a midwife and the place I went to wouldn't allow vbac after 2 sections so this is best for our family.
July 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
That is different then. You made it sound as if you had no choice. Choosing to have a repeat surgery because you want it shouldn't be made to seem like it is the doctor or hospital's fault. It seems like you would choose c-section even if your doctor 'allowed' it or the hospital was up to date with the ACOG recommendations on VBAC/VBA2C.

Sail Back to Me
July 27th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I'd love to vbac but since he doesn't allow it I wasn't going to push for it since this is easier for us in the end.

I also have a health condition where I honestly don't even know if I could have a vaginal birth and since I never have I probably will never know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search