someone asked me....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the other day, what i did before kids

....I replied nothing, I was a parent long before I was an "adult"...being a parent is all I know.

before kids what did you want to do with your life

I wanted to be a nurse but never could make it work

July 26th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Regular
Before I was a parent I wanted to be a teacher.. but with maturity and sampling the career through internships I grew out of that. I am currently going to school to be a family and marriage therapist. it's truly my passion. It's quite a challenge juggling a marriage, our son and soon to be baby, and school work but somehow I make it work.

July 26th, 2011, 06:00 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm 33 and this is my first baby, so I went to college, got married, moved cross-country to a place I hated, got a divorce, moved back home, got a different job, paid off debt, got back in the dating scene and learned how to date as a real grown up which was scary, eventually met my husband, traveled a little with him, got married and here we are. I'm sad that I'll be 52 when this child graduates from high school and even older for future children...I wish I had kids in my 20s.

July 26th, 2011, 06:02 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
good question! It's got me thinking! I didn't have my 1st until I was about 26. Can't say I was working my dream job until then, and I really feel like I still wish I could figure out who I'd want to be if I was a working person and could pick my dream job. Maybe a job in marketing or PR for a bigger company. Guess that sounds like fun to me.

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 26th, 2011, 06:02 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Before kids.. I don't know what I did. I had all the time and money in the world (compared to now) and I did nothing! What was I thinking?? I still work full time, so my career hasn't changed, but I don't know what I was doing with myself before my little girl was born! lol

July 26th, 2011, 06:15 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I don't remember life before kids... I was 19 when I had my first child. I think I wanted to be a teacher. That's what I'm doing now. Not by any means my dream job, and I can't imagine retiring from it. The best question is what am I going to do AFTER children! LOL

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Before kids i worked hard at my career and had a blast living in NYC for about 10 years. I got married at 25 (which around here everyone thought was so young) but we didn't have kids until I was 31. Now I can't imagine life without ds.

July 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
This is my first at 34 years old. So up to now, I went to college and got a degree in journalism. Got a job in a corporate marketing department and became a workaholic for about 5 years. Bought a house, changed jobs, lost 40 lbs., started dating more, changed jobs again, met DH, dated for three years, finished remodeling the house and sold it. Took lots of great vacations, got married, built a new house, got pregnant and here we are. I think that covers most of the highlights.
July 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
deleted

Last edited by heatherj101604; July 26th, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
July 26th, 2011, 08:20 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
This might sound crazy. But Ive always wanted to be a stay at home mom. For now Im going to school majoring in business. But I still have no idea what i want to do career wise.
July 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
This is my first at 34 years old. So up to now, I went to college and got a degree in journalism. Got a job in a corporate marketing department and became a workaholic for about 5 years. Bought a house, changed jobs, lost 40 lbs., started dating more, changed jobs again, met DH, dated for three years, finished remodeling the house and sold it. Took lots of great vacations, got married, built a new house, got pregnant and here we are. I think that covers most of the highlights.
This is the way I would do it if I could go back and do it all over again. I love the idea of living a FULL life before having children, and that's exactly what you have done. Congrats to you!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Veteran
Lol . I read these and it really made me think.
I had my first at 17, so my life really began when he came into the world ..
Before his birth I was a veterinary technician, and babysat a lot!
Now I am a part time teaching assistant and stay at home Mom.
My dream job I imagine I have had my whole life with the beginning of my family..
Thanks for posting, it's fun to remember those days
July 27th, 2011, 06:36 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before kids I was just having a good time with friends, working as a waitress nothing to meaningful but I'm glad everything happened the way it did because I met a great guy got married enjoyed a couple years of us and had Madison. I use to regret not going to college and getting a good job but I think I wouldn't had Met my hubby or had Madison.

July 27th, 2011, 06:40 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a fun topic.

This is my first at 27. I graduated college with my education degree, moved across the country with DH while he was in the Navy, took some crazy trips, moved back "home," bought a house, got a couple of fur babies, and still haven't been lucky enough to find a full time teaching job in my concentration. I have always wanted to have a family, and I've been way more family-oriented than career-oriented. So, I figured I'd do whatever came first-- full time teaching job (then wait a bit for a family), or become a mama.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 27th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Wow, I think I'm the oldest one here! This is our first at 39! So I know if you ask me again in a few years, I'll just say that before kids, I read books in my free time! I have done a lot of stuff: started and quit college; did some nannying; lived on my own since I was 17; worked at various awful secretarial jobs; did some volunteer work in South America; finished college; got a job as a teacher; got married, and then before our 1st anniversary got pregnant! I've had a great life, but this is the highlight. I never thought I would find somebody who loves me as much as my husband does, or would ever start a family, as old as I was when I finally met DH.
July 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to college for TV/film... decided going to live in Nebraska to get started in TV news for minimum wage would stink and I was with my now DH and I thought we would be married.

We traveled, raced cars, did whatever we wanted within our budget.. got engaged and had a fabulous wedding/honeymoon.. we saved for a house, bought a fixer upper and we've been renovating ever since. Now here we are... we didn't want to wait forever to have a child (DH is 35 and I'm 29)
July 27th, 2011, 07:28 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i got pregnant when i was 20. i had just signed up for community college and was preparing for whatever career i was thinking about getting into. i worked at a hotel full time. when i got pregnant, it devastated me, so i didnt even go to school. i felt like i had pretty much ruined my whole life

<3

<3
July 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Veteran
I went to college and got a degree in Finance, got married the summer right before senior year and then went to work for a few years to help build up our savings and make sure we had what we needed before we had kids. I planned on working for two years, but I had Luke after working about 18 months and we always knew I would stay home. Being a mom is my passion and I doubt I will ever work a full time job again. I may do something part-time once all the kids are in school, but I really want the chance to do volunteer work instead.

Thank you so much .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

July 27th, 2011, 07:36 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I was married and pregnant right out of high school at the old age of 17 So for me I didn't truly experience a grown up's perspective of life. Being this my 3rd and final child I'm optimistic for having a future grown up's life of traveling once the kids are on their own. I figure by the time that happens we'll have saved enough money to travel, which is something I love to do. I will be 42 when this baby turns 18.

July 27th, 2011, 09:10 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Brittany~*~ View Post
i got pregnant when i was 20. i had just signed up for community college and was preparing for whatever career i was thinking about getting into. i worked at a hotel full time. when i got pregnant, it devastated me, so i didnt even go to school. i felt like i had pretty much ruined my whole life
That's pretty much how I felt when I found out that I was pregnant. The idea has definitely grown on me though. I think that I will still be able to pursue my dreams and goals with a child (as long as we stick to ONE for a while!) and I like that I will only be 40 when this baby turns 18 and I boot him/her out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search