Wow .. Babies make people SO funny..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay.. so my gender test is tomorrow (YAY!). I'm paying extra to have it done at 16 weeks because I have absolutely no patience. (Like.. literally, the first place I'm going after the appointment is to my favorite craft store to start getting stuff for the babys scrap book.. and then to look at clothes...).

I can understand Mommy and even Daddy being anxious about the gender... but EVERYONE around me is up my butt, and has been for over a month, wanting to know!! Our friends 8 year old daughter asked me last week if it was a boy or girl. Eh!! I even got a phone call today from a couple we know, wanting to know if we found out. TOMORROW, people!! As if my own anxiety isn't enough, lol!!!

I have an entire list of people to inform as soon as we find out. It's insane!!! Anyone else develop a gathering of followers that want to know everything about your baby?

I feel like they're going to curse me, and the baby will cross his/her legs. Ugh. Sorry -- I'm just so anxious. I might explode.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Veteran
I'm so jealous of you! I still have 3 weeks till I find out!

The only people I can think of who want to know every last detail about the baby are my little cousins, but thankfully since they're young teenagers I can just not answer the questions I don't want to answer.

Do you feel like your having a boy or girl??
July 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As badly as we've wanted a boy, I'm afraid it's another girl. We are okay with that, but we've both just always wanted a son and I think it would mean a lot to my DH to have a boy around the house since he's the "last of his line". I guess it's a dream he's had since his father died when he was 7. I explained to him that the girls can continue the family name -- my sister and I did after our dad died.. both of us kept our maiden name and made it our middle names.

Oh man, 3 more weeks would kill me!! But it passes faster then you think.

With my first daughter... I literally had no one to talk to. My DH and I were real young and argued all the time, and my family kinda stopped talking to me. It was a bad time in our lives, but it all worked out in the end. So having all this attention now is SO mind boggling to me.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow tomorrow !! Good luck!
And yes we have a list of stalkers who have to know. But it not until Aug 29 at 830am. I had to tell each person to please wait until 11am before call-in . And my worst fear is that we've waited all this time and still won't find out. And end up on team green.
July 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How exciting! I did with my first baby. It was a very special time. Second time for me is not so exciting. I can't wait to hear the good news!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck tomorrow! Sending open leg vibes and blue vibes your way!

July 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Good luck!!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
LOL to "open leg vibes." We're not going to find out, which caused a lot of disturbance in DH's side of the family (MIL especially). My work BF has been TTC for over a year. I was scared to tell her I'm pregnant, but it went fine. HOWEVER, she is now living vicariously through me, and she wants to know every single detail of everything, and she is always trying to touch my belly, which is VERY EXTREMELY uncomfortable for me. I am affectionate with my students and my husband, but not so much with other adults. I am terrified of how up-my-butt she's going to be when the baby is finally born!!!

Good luck tomorrow! Boy vibes to you!
July 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
That is so exciting! If i had the extra money I would do mine now too. I hope that baby is spread eagle! lol I cant wait to hear the news tomorrow. I have a team of followers who cannot wait either, but this is the 1st for this new generation in my family. Its the first grandbaby for my mom, dad, my SO's mom and dad. Its the 1st great grad baby, first neice or nephew, first second cousin, first of a lot of things in my family so it doesnt bother me. I love that they are just as excited as I am.
July 27th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good luck!
i think i might just not tell people when we are having our gender scan so that i dont have to have them asking. but i already have ppl asking when it will be, i just say i dont know because its not scheduled yet. Im actually thinking about not telling ppl right away after we find out, although, if we tell DS he will tell everyone probably
DD born 1/3/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search