Hand foot mouth disease

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Josiah got diagnosed with it today The doctor said he is highly contagious for at least the next week, and that DH and I are carriers, so we basically have to cancel everything we had planned for the next week. I had two different new moms I was supposed to bring meals to, Josiah was supposed to have his first dentist appt, we had hired a babysitter for Friday night for our first date night since MARCH, and our Young Marrieds group was having a luau on Saturday. I am just so incredibly disappointed... especially about date night! We have to watch him really closely to make sure he is staying hydrated. I guess if he develops lesions in his mouth, it can make them not want to eat or drink. We were told if he isn't peeing AT LEAST every 4 hours, that we have to take him to the ER My poor baby!

July 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
OMG, I would be crying, too! I'm so sorry! Thank God it'll be over in a week! Hang in there, girl!
July 27th, 2011, 03:59 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
erin got this actually a few weeks ago. the only place she got the blisters was in her mouth. i ended up with it to. the worst part of course was the mouth blisters :/ he'll feel better soon!

<3

<3
July 27th, 2011, 03:59 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg that poor baby!! I hope he feels better asap!

July 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM
the good thing is, the blisters only last a couple of days. dont let the dr freak you out like that. eating might be an issue, but drinking cold drinks shouldnt be (as long as its not acidic). erin didnt really want to eat, but she drank just fine

<3

<3
July 27th, 2011, 04:07 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby Hope he feels better soon! Sorry that all your plans are now cancelled.

July 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Hope he feels better soon!
July 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

July 27th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Regular
My daughter got this back in June, and then I got it too, it really sucks the blisters are bad. I dabbed Maylox on the blisters and it worked a bit. Baby ambysol gave her some relief from the sores but she was 4yrs old. Good luck
July 27th, 2011, 08:02 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel for you, it's a double wammy!!!! I love delivering meals and doing things with other couples!! And that date, wow, I bet that was a hard phone call to make when canceling the babysitter! And now you're a mom to a sick boy, this blister talk doesn't sound like an easy road at all!! I hope his case doesn't get crazy awful!!
Hang in there, guess you'll have more time now to be on JM!
AND stay HEALTHY!!!!!! (Does lysol help from it spreading or what can you do?)

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 27th, 2011, 08:14 PM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
Poor little guy . I hope he feels better soon.

July 27th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Our doctor said the parents almost always just get a cold instead of the actual skin problems... now a bunch of you have me freaked out that I'm going to end up with blisters in my mouth!!!! To be honest, I'm the most upset about missing out on date night... we haven't been out on a date since March!

July 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
aww poor kid.

I'm sorry you have to cancel all that stuff.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
swippy's Avatar Veteran
Maybe you could bring the date night to you after the little guy goes to bed. I know from experience that candle lit pizza is pretty amazing. Sorry about everything though.

July 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I have it now too... several red itchy bumps on the palm of my hand. As for date night at home... we're really good at that! It's just such a rare occurrence that we actually get to go out just the two of us, and we were really looking forward to seeing Harry Potter!!

July 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
yep sounds like you got the curse lol. dont worry, itll be gone in a couple days! we never got the spots on the hands or feet, just the mouth blisters and the general not feeling well. youll be better in no time!

and let me tell ya, it is waaay better than getting fifths disease! my ds got that at the beginning of last school year (im immune now thank god) and dd caught it back in march i think. a week of high fever and general whininess yuck! its for the birds! the bad thing is my bff and her kids got it, and she ended up with swollen joints and horrible pain for a month!

<3

<3
July 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope all is better soon and you can get another date night!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search