Need to Vent

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Regular
Well my 8 year old told me tonight that her grandma said that there was no tooth fairy that my hubby and I put the money under the pillow. She told her that she stopped believing in the tooth fairy when she was 11. What the HELL.... can't wait to talk to her tommorrow... Frigging mother in laws !!!! AHHHH!!!
July 27th, 2011, 07:02 PM
swippy's Avatar Veteran
Oh my gosh! I would be absolutely livid!!!! I cant even imagine what I would do....

July 27th, 2011, 07:04 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whaaaat?!? That's horrible.. I don't like the fairytales and stuff ie Santa, Easter bunny ect. I don't like the idea of them and how obsurd it is, lol... but I play along because I can see how happy it makes my daughter.. And you'd have to be an absolute scrooge to take that away from a child.

July 27th, 2011, 07:40 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Hell.No.

What do you mean tomorrow? I would have my butt at her house givng her a new one. I swear I feel pitty for the person who ruins Christmas, Easter, The Tooth Fairy, etc.

I'm sorry you have to deak with this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
my 4th grade daughter googled tooth fairy and learned the truth. And of course, she in turn told my younger son. Then she searched the computer harddrive for "tooth fairy" and found the tooth certificate we printed off for each of their 1st lost tooth. Then printed it so she could argue her case with us that we are the tooth fairy.
Technology is as bad as all-knowing MILs!! ! Who knew??!!!!

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 27th, 2011, 08:11 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Wow. This is unbelieveable. Im sorry she did that. I would be so mad too. It is your right as a parent to talk to your child about that kind of stuff. How dare her.
July 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nooooooooooo! What a witch! Who does that?!?!

Tracy, Mom to 4 wonderful boys!!
July 27th, 2011, 08:15 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
Yeah, that's NOT her place! I'm livid and she's not even my MIL!!! Santa was ruined for me at age 6 by my grandfather and I always remember that conversation every Christmas, even now as an adult. She had no right whatsoever to take that away from her!

July 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
its not for her to decide when the 'tooth fairy' gets outed. How annoying
July 27th, 2011, 08:25 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older brothers didn't let me believe for very long, lol. So I never really got the whole idea. I wasn't even sure I was going to feed the fairy tales to my daughter, but once other relatives started mentioning it, she was hooked and I just couldn't bare to tell her otherwise, you gotta love their excitiment and joy. Really.. other than kids how can someone ruin that for a child?

July 27th, 2011, 08:25 PM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
Oh that would really make me mad. I think every child should be able to induldge in those childhood fantasies. My MIL better not pull that crap otherwise I'll be right there ripping her a new one.

July 27th, 2011, 08:26 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh.My.Gosh. I am speechless. Let us know how it goes when you speak to her tomorrow.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Veteran
We don't do Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy in our home. It's a personal choice that I have made for my daughter (and will make the same choice for this baby as well). I don't think I need to go into the reasons as to why we don't (feel free to PM me if you really want to know) as I know this thread isn't about that- but I will say, the one thing I have taught my daughter, since she was very little was RESPECT! I tell her every yr (usually just before Christmas) that some parents choose to let their children believe in Santa Clause/Tooth Fairy/etc, but it is NOT our place to tell them otherwise. Of course, the older she gets, there is a flip side to that "coin". I know kids in school talk about Santa, etc- and I feel that it's only right that my daughter is allowed to express her beliefs just as freely and as openly as other children are allowed to. So, I've taught her that if her friends are talking about "believing" in Santa, etc- she is free, if she chooses to, to tell them that she "does not believe" but she is not to come outright and say "Did you know there is no such thing as Santa Claus" (and honestly, I don't think I've taken anything away from the magicalness of specialness of childhood by not participating in these made up characters)

But, if my child did believe, and someone- especially a family member- did that- oh, I would be livid!!

July 28th, 2011, 06:31 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I'm sorry that she thought it was her right to have that talk. I'd be angry too.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would go absolutely crazy if my MIL did that! Though I'm sure one day she will do something equally as ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickwithpc View Post
my 4th grade daughter googled tooth fairy and learned the truth. And of course, she in turn told my younger son. Then she searched the computer harddrive for "tooth fairy" and found the tooth certificate we printed off for each of their 1st lost tooth. Then printed it so she could argue her case with us that we are the tooth fairy.
Technology is as bad as all-knowing MILs!! ! Who knew??!!!!
Now that is just too funny!

July 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 28th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Part of the magic of childhood is being able to believe in all those amazing things.
I still believe in the magic of Christmas, even if Santa was outed years ago.
What happened to the days of getting to believe in these things until your teenage years?

I ditto this! I still get excited on christmas morning. Even though I know. I would be so mad.. Im sorry she did that.

July 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Some of the happiest moments of my life were due to these fairy tales. Sure, had I not had them, I wouldn't miss them. But humans have so many ordinary days, I enjoy those brief moments of Santa Claus, tooth fairy and Disney World: the extraordinary.

So yeah, I would be LIVID if someone spoiled that for my family.
July 28th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Regular
Got through today, saw the MIL and my hubby talked to her, she said my daughter said that to her, that she didn't believe in the tooth fairy. and his mom said that she shouldn't tell her little sister... To me that's a lame excuse. But my hubby told her not to ruin any other holidays like christmas.. and she cried... Kinda glad I wasn't there I have no patience for that kind of excuses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search