Getting siggies made??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Veteran
So, I posted over on the siggies board for a siggy request (did a FFA) and that was back on the 21st. So many others have requested siggies since and had theirs made, but not me!! I PM'd one of the hosts, and she said to link her to my request, cause I didn't know if I did it wrong (this was my first one) but then I never heard back from her. I don't wanna be a pest- but how long does it usually take to get a siggy made?? I'm sad that my post has been seemingly overlooked!

July 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
You did the right thing pm-ing the host. They will most likely make yours a priority since it has been a week. It just depends on how busy things are over there, and how many siggy makers are active as far as how long it takes. Hopefully you will get yours soon!

July 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try not to worry about it! They are REALLY SLOW over there and have been for some time now. I think some siggie makers took a break and plus its summer so there just aren't as many around. If you PM'd HeatherW, she takes awhile to get back to you. She ended up doing my siggie, but it still took a bit.

You can try to cancel your FFA request and request a specific maker. Look through the pick up and see who is making a lot and then request them!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
July 28th, 2011, 07:57 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
Same here! I requested one (my first) on the 24th and SO many people got theirs made that posted after me. I didn't know why or what I did wrong. Good idea PMing the host, but I have no idea how to link anyone to the original post I made. I sort of just gave up.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 08:56 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Here is a siggy to get you by until the professional one is made. Hope you like it!

July 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Usually requesting a specific siggy maker is faster. You can look at their work, chose one that you like, and PM them specifically!
On my PR I have a friend who REALLY likes to make them and she gets them out fast! Her name is alethia. You can PM her if you want

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 28th, 2011, 09:59 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i agree! they are super slow over there right now! i think its because its summer though. i know during the winter, that place is hopping if you dont hear anything back, cancel your ffa, and go directly to a specific siggy maker. i got one from jaidynsmum and it took about 3 days i think

<3

<3
July 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
A LOOOONNNG time ago, I made siggies. Typically requesting through a specific siggie maker is the fastest method, which is why the FFA's get overlooked. All the siggy makers are so busy with personal requests, there is hardly anybody left to do the FFAs. I went and looked at your request and IF there are other FFAs that seem to be being picked up before yours that were posted after you, I would say that probably the picture of your DD is what is causing the delay. She is totally adorable, but the quality of the picture makes it hard to work with. Not saying that is a good reason, but I know when I used to do FFAs I would pick threads with the better pictures. I am SURE they will get you a pretty siggy soon after you sent the hosts a PM. They are just super busy.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 11:03 AM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are super SLOW and they definitely pick and choose which ones they want to do. It's BS in my opinion. Thankfully I can make my own, it just takes me a week or two because I'm still learning.

Hope you get your siggy ASAP.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

Last edited by hotpinktulips; July 28th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
July 28th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
I will be as soon as I get my photoshop disk back...

Here you can see what Ive done in the past. I cant wait to get back into siggy making.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...s-gallery.html (Misty's Gallery)

July 28th, 2011, 10:48 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
The same thing happened to me about a month ago, I ended up making my own. I dont know the trick to getting them to pick you =( im sorry
July 29th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_ken View Post
Wow, those are amazing.
...So, when does the disk get back?

When my SO gets off his lazy butt. He borrowed it to a friend so he just has to go pick it up.

July 29th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I need one too now! I actually have photoshop CS5 on my SO's laptop.... Is it hard to do yourself?? My SO could help me I'm sure.

July 29th, 2011, 06:51 AM
It's not hard and actually the siggies r us board has lots of tutorials to help out.

Siggy School - JustMommies Message Boards

July 29th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Veteran
Hahaha i am so slow! I thought this post was about getting announcement cigars "siggies" made for birth of baby! Duh
I will try to learn the lingo heehee

Tyler 6/6/96 ~ Joshua 2/20/99 ~ Olivia 3/3/01 ~ Ben 3/26/06
Expecting our lil' bean 1/29/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search