How much weight?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 08:09 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much weight have you gained so far? Are you on track for where you want to be? I have been eating like crazy lately, and though I gained a bit more than I wanted to in the 1st trimester (carb loading since it was the only thing that kept nausea away), I haven't gained much at all in the 2nd. I've finally evened out to where I am happy-- 7 lbs isn't too bad for 17 weeks, right? I hope!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 28th, 2011, 08:18 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am up 7lbs too. I just need to keep the gain low.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I am back to where I started before pregnancy. I lost about 6 lbs at the very beginning. So, my official gain should start from here. I haven't been too super hungry lately either though for some reason. I can only eat about 1/2 of my meal before I am sickly stuffed.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I've gained 9 lbs so far at 16 weeks My doc told me in the beginning that she didn't want me to gain any more than 10-15 lbs. I hope I can do better. In the beginning I had to eat so much to keep from being sick. Now, I'm eating more of a normal amount.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 08:58 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I have no idea. I am trying to pay more attention to eating what my body needs than how much I am gaining/not gaining. My midwife is okay with this because I started out 20 lbs heavier than my normal after a tough year last year so if I dont gain the normal amount that is fine but if I do I am not obese or anything where it would cause any extra issues for me and the baby.
July 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lost 12

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
July 28th, 2011, 09:16 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmomma View Post
I have no idea. I am trying to pay more attention to eating what my body needs than how much I am gaining/not gaining. My midwife is okay with this because I started out 20 lbs heavier than my normal after a tough year last year so if I dont gain the normal amount that is fine but if I do I am not obese or anything where it would cause any extra issues for me and the baby.
I wish I could remember the article I read this from, but there was a study of people who had multiple pregnancies who would watch what they ate and kept an eye on weight during one pregnancy, and then during another, eat whatever (within moderation) and just try to eat somewhat healthily. Apparently, they found that it sort-of doesn't matter, and that your body will gain a similar amount no matter what. I wonder how accurate it is, though. Wish I could find it!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

July 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
Lost 4lbs in the first 12 wks, gained 5lbs in the last 5....so I'm 1lb up overall!

July 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have gained 1 lb total. Which is abnormal for me, I generally gain a pound a week as soon as I find out I am pregnant. I have been under some serious stress though, the DR has given me strict orders to remain stress free.
July 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
8 lbs. -- 4 lb increase from when I last saw the doc three weeks ago.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
Gained 8 lbs as of this morning. But I keep fluctuating between 7-8 lbs. I feel good about this considering tomorrow I will be 17 weeks according to my dr.

July 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I've gained nothing so far and am 18 weeks. It was the same way with Eli.... I guess my body likes to pack it on late in pregnancy.
I would say I'm on the same track I was on with him, so I will probably end up gaining 20-25 lbs in the end.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 28th, 2011, 10:55 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
at my last appt, the dr told me i was 1lb up from my starting weight. i lost some in the beginning though

<3

<3
July 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I have gained 3 lbs as of this morning, at 14w5d. I feel like this is right on target, and the MW said that I look the way that I should (my uterus and belly seem to be growing on schedule). This is hard for me; I've never been this big in my life, and it's hard to accept how much my belly is growing!
July 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Veteran
Sounds perfect to me.

I am kinda the same way. I'm only 5 feet tall and when I'm not pregnant I don't have much bodyfat so I tend to gain a lot in the first trimester, too, bc of the nausea/carb thing. I've officially gained 8 lbs according to the drs office - but actually I've gained more like 13, since I had put on 5 lbs before I had my first appt, LOL!!!

I usually don't gain much through the 2nd and 3rd trimester since there just isn't much room for food, so small meals. Much smaller than I've been eating, LOL. So I think I'm pretty much on track.
DD#1 November 10, 2001
DD#2 November 5, 2003
DD#3 October 31, 2011 (born @ 30 weeks due to placental abruption, due January 7, 2012)
July 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
My pregnancy book says that at 17 weeks a weight gain of 5-10 lbs is good. I've gained 5
July 28th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Veteran
im still down 13-14 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight.
thanks to the hyperemesis, of course!
and am almost 17 weeks! Seeing I should have gained up to 10 pounds already kind of worrys me, but at the same time, i'm eating like a cow (when I feel up to it) so maybe i'll just be one of those who put on all the pounds at the end!
July 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
14lbs, my doctors have said nothing about it (I mentioned it and my doctors said not to worry). I was overweight when I started.

My nurses told me to relax, keep eating whole foods and it'll be okay. I'm trying NOT to be one of those obsessed people.

Last edited by glitterific; July 28th, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
July 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM
vickwithpc's Avatar Super Mommy
Major YIKES-O!!! I'm in a category all in my own! This is not good news, me reading all of your minimal weight gains. eating was one of my morning sickness coping techniques. I could puke and eat 3 minutes later.

I started at 129 (5'7") and the scale now says 146.

no wonder I had to buy new undies. This is a sad, sad day for me, I'm not feeling normal compared to you ladies.

Aiden 1/9/12 !
DS 9/9/04
DD 2/3/01
Happily married for 16 years!

July 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I still haven't gained at all, and I have no idea how that works! My tummy is bulging and I'm in maternity pants half the time and really low rise pants the rest of the time due to necessity, but I'm still at exactly the same weight I started at. I gained and immediately dropped 10lbs of water weight when I was at (I think?) 6-8 weeks, but there's been no change since then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search