Super Symptoms and other issues - anyone else?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't mind dealing with the regular pregnancy symptoms, but then sometimes you have SUPER symptoms that whoop your butt and send you to bed.

For example, I'm having wicked bad migraines. I mean BAD. I'm getting sent to a neurologist like an hour away to see what can be done because I can't just lay in bed crying with two girls are home that need looking after. I did get permission to have a Dr. Pepper for breakfast in the morning. (SCORE!)

A non symptom issue I'm having is a right ovarian cyst that is causing intermittent pain. Like.. OW! I'd never had one before in my LIFE and this one isn't very big but as the baby is growing, I can definitely tell it's there.

Just wondering what super symptoms and issues y'all might be having, and how you're dealing with them.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 28th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
By 17 weeks I figured the worst of the exhaustion would be in the past. That's what everyone told me, at least.

Nope. I am so tired all the time, and even a little bit of physical exertion finds me needing to lie down for a little bit! DF & I went on a short walk last night and halfway through I was like "Slow down *pant* wait for me! I need a nap!!"

*sigh*

July 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Add me to the exhaustion super symptom group.

I have no other major symptoms, so I feel like the exhaustion is making up for my lack of other symptoms. I am so tired ALL THE TIME. It's bad.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand the exhaustion most DEFINITELY. I try to take naps during the day but it just doesn't work. Blah.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 28th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive still got the SUPER nausea AKA hyperemesis
the exhaustion is really bad too but i just figured it was from the fact that im malnourished.
DD born 1/3/12

July 28th, 2011, 04:40 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
mines weird during the day Im so tired I could nap, but can't with a toddler, and 2 older ones..but when there in bed suddenly im hit w/ imsomnia my mind races. ugg.
July 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Veteran
I am with Heather, I Am sooooooo tired during the day, but when my head hits the pillow , I can't sleep at all! Bummer
I like the Dr. Pepper for breakfast thing !!

Tyler 6/6/96 ~ Joshua 2/20/99 ~ Olivia 3/3/01 ~ Ben 3/26/06
Expecting our lil' bean 1/29/12

July 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
My biggest frustration has been, even though the worst of the tiredness and sickness passed at 12 weeks and I even managed a 4km run, the 13 week scan showed my placenta is covering the cervix and at high risk of rupture, so have to 'avoid being active'.

We live on the 7th floor with no lift and usually cycle everywhere, so there's not many places I can go without being 'active'. Its so mentally draining being stuck in and not seeing many people when I'm feeling fine. Very glad for JM, think I would have lost the plot by now otherwise!

July 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Victoria
I guess my super symptoms revolve around my hips/legs right now. I've been having ridiculous issues with my right hip (agony every time I sleep, and I sleep on my left side) and I've developed sciatica the past few weeks.

I looked like an absolute lunatic walking around work yesterday, between the pain in the my right hip and the sciatica in my left butt cheek/leg!!
July 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
My super symptom is my sense of smell. I CANNOT stand any type of fragrance! That means soaps, perfumes, lotions, deodorant, shampoo... etc, etc. It makes me so nauseous. It's really inconvenient too. Like I can barely wash my hands, hair, or anything. Even non-scented things still have a "smell" that drive me crazy and running towards the toilet. Its super annoying. This is one of the worst parts of pregnancy for me.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am noticing that if I have a couple of really busy, active days, then I am completely wiped out the day after. That's what happened yesterday, we were so busy over our weekend (Mon. & Tues.) that by Wednesday I felt sick as a dog. I ended up sleeping for 11 1/2 hours last night to get caught up on rest!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search