Anyone familiar with the Ramzi Method?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM
If not google "Ramzi Gender Method" and it should be the first link that appears (I have to have 10 more posts before I am allowed to use links )

In my ultrasound (I am not sure how to post photos yet, otherwise I would, any help???) the fetus is right smack in the middle with the yolk sac to the right of the fetus, this was an abdominal ultrasound which means you have to look at it in mirror image which means that really the yolk sac is on the left side of the fetus which would result in Girl. Really fun to play around with different gender predictors and theories. We find out the 16th what we are having. Couldn't come sooner!

What does your early ultrasound look like? Are you hoping for a boy/girl/no perference? Looking forward to your replies!
July 28th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I've never heard of the Ramzi method before! I have to figure out where things are in my ultrasound....

To post photos: near the top of the page, in small type, there's Home, User CP, etc. Click on User CP. You can add a photo that way (I think it will be permanent as part of your "signature" -- I don't know yet how to put up a photo temporarily). And even though I have followed the directions, I STILL can't add any of the cute tickers, etc. It always tells me that my url is "invalid." I dunno.

Can't wait to hear if your u/s results match the Ramzi method! Let us know on the 16th!
July 28th, 2011, 12:13 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I was interested in this method when I first heard about it and dug out my u/s pics from my boys from around 6-9 wks and then my current peanut's u/s pic from 6wks. In all the pics of my boys, they were on the right of the picture. Then I looked at this peanut's and the baby was on the left side (all pics were transvag. u/s).....which should ideally mean girl.

And it was right. I'm getting my princess.

So it worked out for me!!
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
July 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I can't figure out where the placenta is so I am clueless! I meant to ask them at my last midwife appt and forgot because I was too upset about them failing to tell me about the subchorionic hemorrhage. I find out the 8th and I seriously cannot wait!!!! My gut says girl but I worry that I am wrong. I want another girl for our last.

Welcome though!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive read about this one but i couldnt figure out where the placenta/yolk sac was on my u/s pics. i could only see which side the baby is on.
DD born 1/3/12

July 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't figure mine out. Anyone care to help me?? I had placenta previa in the beginning...not sure if that matters?

Here is mine from 7w2d.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 28th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ooh never heard of it. No idea where my bub was, all i know is that he/she was in an awkward postition!
July 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Congrats on your pretty princess LittleBeansMommy! I also hope you get your girl NoBoobyDuty Anna, your picture isn't showing up for me.
July 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Anna... is that a vaginal or abdominal ultrasound? If vaginal, I would guess girl. If abdominal, boy.
July 29th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof3 View Post
Anna... is that a vaginal or abdominal ultrasound? If vaginal, I would guess girl. If abdominal, boy.
WHY??? Show us where you are looking!!! This is abdominal at 7 weeks. What do you think?

July 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Jen do you see that the fetus and yolk sac are hugged up against the left side of your uterus? Since it is an abdominal u/s it would be flipped which would mean that in reality it is on the right side, which would indicate a boy. Now I know how much you want your little girl, so for your sake I hope I am wrong
July 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
This is really interesting. I did some research on it and pulled out my u/s from 7 weeks, but I can't tell anything really. From my memory, I believe the RE pointed to the right side of the screen to note the yolk sac during the exam, but I'm not willing to bet money on a memory that far past. If that is accurate, my result should be "boy", as the u/s was internal.

Anyone care to take a guess? I'd love to see how often it is accurate!

July 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I do believe that is the yolk sac, so yes, boy!
July 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM
ColonialChick's Avatar Cautiously THRILLED ;D
haha I'm not even discussing it with the hubby...he'll get his hopes up! Thanks for taking a peek!

July 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hehe You are so welcome. It's fun! Keep the pics coming )
July 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was right for my first son. With this one it was hard to tell which side it was on. Sometimes even in the pictures it appears to be on one side and it's really just the angle the picture was taken. So it's best to ask the tech. I always forgot to.

July 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Interesting, I'll have to check out my U/S!

July 29th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I hope you are wrong too!! Either way works but a girl can dream, right? A week and a weekend until we know...ackkkkk!

July 29th, 2011, 06:38 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof3 View Post
It was a vaginal. I'm kinda hoping for a girl...but a boy would be fine too. We will see.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
July 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search