Heart flutters? Anyone else?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing heart palpitations around 14 weeks preggers?
I have tried the Internet searching, but wanted some personal answers not case studies .. Lol
It seems for the past two days or so my heart seems to " flutter" no matter what I am doing !!
A bit frustrated !!!!! I do have a small hole in my heart, but dr.'s don't seem to be that concerned about and I have had it since birth and given birth to 4 children without this problem before???
What a worry wart I am ... Lol
Thanks !

Tyler 6/6/96 ~ Joshua 2/20/99 ~ Olivia 3/3/01 ~ Ben 3/26/06
Expecting our lil' bean 1/29/12

July 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had palpitations throughout most of my pregnancies. I have been put on the Holter monitor for it twice. It has never been an issue for me. It is something you will want to mention to your doctor, but really shouldn't be a serious thing.

Soemtimes it is caused by an imbalance of minerals. Make sure you are getting enough calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium and drink plenty of water.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I had palpitations with Eli as a result of fluid levels and bp, it can be a normal symptom while your body adjusts to changes of pregnancy! For me, it came and went between 12-16 weeks and then stopped. HTH

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I have had them since day one with this pregnancy. I have told my doc about it, but am going to see if I can get my iron checked for sure.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
I had it so bad this morning for about 30 secs or so. It was actually taking my breath away with each double beat or whatever. I've had this when I wasn't pregnant too. I've never had it checked out either. It's so funny that you posted this when I had the same thing earlier today. I was so nervous.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I don't know if I have what you're talking about. I think what I am feeling is because of my bp and when I don't have enough fluids. My HR seems to be really really fast. I think it's my body getting used to the extra blood volume, I don't know. Probably a good idea to run it by your doctor. I tell my doctor EVERYTHING. haha, they probably get annoyed with my laundry list, but better safe than sorry.

July 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
OMG, I had it this morning, too! It happens to me (during or outside of pregnancy) if: I am dehydrated; I stop being as active every day as I normally am; I am not eating enough; I eat too much!

Never been too worried about it; never mentioned it to a doc because I know a hundred other people who've had this and been on those monitors and it's always benign. I know for sure that these days, I need to be drinking more and exercising more (instead of sitting like a blob on the sofa all day).

Don't worry!
July 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I have had them throughout my pregnancies. they are really bad when my iron is low
July 28th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Veteran
Good to know !! I do notice it more when I am inactive, that's a very good point !
You guys rock, thanks so much for answering
y'all have a much quicker response than my OB office usually
I am so new here, but it's good to know I have some Pregnant ladies that are close to my due date too!!

Tyler 6/6/96 ~ Joshua 2/20/99 ~ Olivia 3/3/01 ~ Ben 3/26/06
Expecting our lil' bean 1/29/12

July 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I've been having them and I honestly get freaked out...it usually happens when I'm really upset or when I'm laying down for bed at night. I thought it was my new medication I'm on but I'm not sure. I hope it's normal
July 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have been having them as well and when I spoke to my OB about them she didn't seem concerned because it's usually a one time thing that lasts a few seconds.
July 29th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Veteran
I had them for a while in early high school; I saw a cardiologist and was diagnosed with a virus that caused PVCs (preventricular contractions; basically, one of the chambers of your heart tries to beat before it's supposed to, giving that flutter-feeling). I've had them a little bit in the past couple weeks, but it shouldn't be something that effects the pregnancy or your day-to-day life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search