Nervous to Announce!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Veteran
We have our NT scan this Wednesday...and if all goes well, we plan on "announcing" our pregnancy to the world (a la Facebook and my blog). I don't know why, but I'm so nervous to make the announcement! I'm sure everyone will be happy...but maybe it's the fear of the unknown (response) that's getting to me?

We've already given the news to parents and siblings...but haven't made it 100% official. I guess I kind of like being in my little "bubble?"

Did anyone else feel this way the first time they made this kind of announcement or am I just crazy??
August 1st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
I never announced this or my last pregnancy to the world the only people that know are my family and close friends, however I did feel very nervous about telling them both times....
August 1st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I remember there were a couple pregnancies, I announced as soon as I got a BFP, then there have been a couple where I have been more reserved, this one especially. Part of me is making sure I am a bit more emotionally sound to deal with all the comments. Part of me would like to go until I can't hide it anymore. My 12 week scan is on Friday and we are debating whether or not to tell after it. I'm not sure. Sorry, I wasn't much help, but it's obvious I'm going through a similar thing and this is my 7th pregnancy.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
August 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Veteran
We told DB's parents and my father and brother after 2months....and waited for after the nt. to tell the rest of DB's family..I told my two good girlfriend's and that's it...it is scary..I know exactly what you're feeling....I'm gonna wait until i return from the holidays to tell my boss and later on will tell the rest of my friends....one step at a time kinda thing...
August 1st, 2011, 08:22 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm always nervous to announce, too. It's kind of fun having a secret. Everyone was happy for us though and it made it much more real when we told our family and friends.

August 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
We told my best friend and DH's boss (in case he needed to leave quickly) and that was it until this past weekend. We told my mother and sisters on Saturday. I had planned not to tell them until after my 20 week scan because I didn't want to hear the comments. This is my 4th, and my family is not supportive.
August 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Veteran
Wow, girls. Such a range of reasons to be nervous...and here I am completely freaked out...thank you for making me not feel like a crazy person.
August 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
the first time, no, but this time yes.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Super Mommy
I'm nervous to announce to the world, because it's so close to mine and DH's wedding, we're still pretty young, and DH is still in school. Just nervous about peoples reactions.
August 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I couldn't tell people fast enough.. hehe

Starting a clomid journey!

Tags
announcement , pregnancy , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search