What is it About Fast Food?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Veteran
I'm not a fast food person. I rarely, if ever, eat it. And by rarely I mean maybe - MAYBE - once or twice a year.

Since I've been pregnant? One Taco Bell soft taco, a McDonalds cheeseburger, a Wendy's cheeseburger, fries and a frosty.

Why?? Why do I want these things SO MUCH? It's like I HAVE to have them. I've never craved them before...why now??

Anyone else?
August 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i am really like subway and i only eat their veggie sub so idk what it is about that place but man is it good!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't eaten fast food in just over 3 years. I thought I really wanted a Big Mac, so after much consideration, I walked in to McDonald's, smelled the place, and walked right back out. It made me want to puke so I no longer want a Big Mac. I did however eat an Arby's Roast Beef and that didnt sit to well with me so we wont be eating that again either. I also ate the potato things at Taco Bell, those were really good. Probably because od the cheese and that's all I've been craving.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe it is because your body is telling you, you need more of something? Salt? Fat?

I'm the same! walking through the mall and I smell the KFC or McDonalds and I REALLY want it! I have indulged twice in McDonalds and once with Pizza Hut. Eeeek!

August 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My midwife said it is the sodium. If you normally have a diet low in sodium it's your body's way of asking you for more. I try to satisfy the craving in a healthier way than fast food, but sometimes I just can't resist

August 1st, 2011, 03:57 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
I agree with PP it's your bodies way of telling you you are needing something (at least most of the time that's the case). Early on I was craving red meat and I wanted it almost raw that told me I might be needing iron so I took an iron supplement and had some steak and I was good.
August 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Wow.. I haven't indulged a few times.. Atleast a dozen since being pregnant! We moved house over a number of weeks and our kitchen was packed up. This mean ordering food a lot, not that there isn't healthier options, but because it was made easy for me.. I did it. Uh oh! I haven't eaten any since moving in to our new house though

Starting a clomid journey!
August 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My cousin was here for 3 weeks visiting and all we did was eat out ugh im paying for it now by gaining 8lbs already

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
momma2kacie's Avatar Veteran
I wake up thinking about Mc Donalds breakfast! I mean I used to like it, but now its the first thing I think of. Glad I live a little piece away from there or id be broke.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

August 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
DH is picking me up McDonald's right now. I.Can't.Wait.
August 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Super Mommy
I am loving Arby's Roast beef sandwiches, had a couple of them already, And a frosty, and a double cheeseburger from MCD(only ketchup onions) We don't eat out often at all (and i haven't ate Mcdonalds in almost 2 yrs) but between the heat and not wanting to turn the oven on, being so tired, and these crazy oh that sounds so good cravings it's def picked up. We're stopping now though..... back to our dining out budget no if ands or buts about it!!

However i currently am wanting some crinkle cut fries, with salty ketchup. Mmmm I bought some at Walmart so at least that and the oven is a whole lot better than fast food, even if not ideal.

August 1st, 2011, 06:17 PM
CaseyCase's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm the same way.
Overall, I'm a very healthy eater.. I was VERY healthy pre-pregnancy. I was gluten free for a very long time (because my 'husband' has celiacs) and we were also vegan for awhile. I'm neither right now.. I dunno if I'm making up for lost time, or what, but I'm eating more fast food in the past month than I have in 10 years..
The grease calms my morning sickness? It's so backwards sounding, but it makes me feel better.. sigh.

August 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been craving fast foods too...but right now hubby is away so it's just easier to go out instead of making a meal for one. He comes home friday so i'll be more consistent on making food then.
August 1st, 2011, 10:55 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I never eat fast food but lately I have been eating it a lot more and have been craving salt
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

August 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
thats all my stomach can handle.

August 1st, 2011, 11:22 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im eating fast food alot too now, kfc is yummy this pregnancy

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af 31 Aug nz time
August 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I want fried chicken ALLLLLL the time

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
August 2nd, 2011, 07:03 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It had been a long while since I had eaten fast food.....up until recenlty=) Popeye's chicken....the mashed potatoes and the biscuit sit really well with me...and yesterday it was a bean burrito from Taco Bell....I like the breakfast burritos at Mc D's too......the other night I wanted a big mac like nothing else....if my husband was home, I would have driven the 12 miles to get one...lol...

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
August 2nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
Im really into subway at the minute. it never really appealed to me before i got pregnant and now i cant get enough!
August 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
[QUOTE=~Nik*Re~;24520218] I walked in to McDonald's, smelled the place, and walked right back out. QUOTE]

I know what you mean! I have to go through the drive through, those places make me feel ill. Now that im in my 2nd trimester my tummy is feeling better now, so we'll see.

Tags
cravings , first trimester , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search