big items???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
has anyone brought any big items for baby yet??

I have the money sitting in my account for me to order baby bedroom furniture but im soo nervous to..

August 2nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Veteran
Haven't bought anything...but we decided on the type/brand of stroller and infant car seat. So, that's progess, right?
August 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Yep.

August 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
maybe im just being paranoid...i wanna order it! its in the cart right now!

August 2nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hehe, nope we haven't. We have most things from DD anyway. We will buy a bassinet but that won't be for a few months yet. I guess since we are moving DD out of her room we might need to buy a few furniture pieces for her room though? hmmmm

August 2nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
I filled in at a daycare couple wks ago so I have that check waiting to cash it... it's going to diapers although that's not a big item. We are borrowing the infant seat so we can spend more $ on the convertible one and I don't want to buy it too soon b/c want it as long as can w/o it expiring. Not doing a crib this time and already have the pack and play and buying a friends rock and something sleeper once her lo outgrows it for the first few months of sleeping. I did buy a travel swing and a papasan vibrating chair b/c they were on CL close by and for a really great price.

August 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
My MIL bought us a crib. She only bought it now so that she could stage their spare room as a baby room because they are trying to sell the house.
August 2nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, we've only bought some diapers and two outfits and one pair or socks.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
I have bought 2 matching onies. But that is it. I am going to wait until my next ultrasound, in three weeks, because I don't want to curse anything!
August 2nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
CalmHorizons's Avatar Christina
I'm way too undecided to buy anything. I'm a terrible decider.

The scene in Sex and the City where Miranda is baby shopping really nails it for me. "Like buying a crib. Evidently I'm to go to Crib World, because it's a whole world of cribs; I guess Crib City wasn't big enough. Why isn't there a store called This Is The Crib For You, and they just have one great crib and they deliver it and assemble it and help you raise your child?"

That's what I need.

August 3rd, 2011, 12:13 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have the money set aside to buy the big stuff but we're still waiting for a little while. Probably when we find out the sex we'll start making those purchases. I did buy some bottles today from Babysrus because they had a sell on tommee tippee bottles and they're the ones I wanted to get.
August 3rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
All i've bought is baby wipes! I have 4 big boxes of them. Im too nervous to buy anything else. Hopefully i will feel better after my 20 week scan.
August 3rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
hoping4more
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAsh View Post
I filled in at a daycare couple wks ago so I have that check waiting to cash it... it's going to diapers although that's not a big item. We are borrowing the infant seat so we can spend more $ on the convertible one and I don't want to buy it too soon b/c want it as long as can w/o it expiring. Not doing a crib this time and already have the pack and play and buying a friends rock and something sleeper once her lo outgrows it for the first few months of sleeping. I did buy a travel swing and a papasan vibrating chair b/c they were on CL close by and for a really great price.
So you know the expiring issue has to do with the seat belts. they figure after 6 years of use the seat belts could become stretched and therefore not function properly. I was concerned and called the asked about it. You are safe to buy it now... it won't "expire" If need be you can replace the belts later in life and continue using it. I gave my old car seat to my cousin it should expire in a year of so. It would cost under 40 dollars to replace all the belts on the car seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
We have the money set aside to buy the big stuff but we're still waiting for a little while. Probably when we find out the sex we'll start making those purchases. I did buy some bottles today from Babysrus because they had a sell on tommee tippee bottles and they're the ones I wanted to get.
I just bought my daughter some tommy tippee's! I love love love them! They don't spill all over everything, like all the other bottles end up doing. I mean the others arent so bad, but I have ivory colored couches so even the littlest spill is annoying.
August 3rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I havent bought anything yet but going to start buying diaprers & wipes

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search