Guilt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
So i was at the doctor's the other day and i mentioned that i took Ibuprofen for a headache and she said i can only take tylenol. She said "dont worry about it if you've only done it once", well i've taken Ibuprofen throughout this entire pregnancy! I had no idea it was bad for the baby. I googled it when i got home and it said it could possibly cause birth defects. I feel TERRIBLE!
August 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry! You didn't know. I'm pretty sure the risks associated with ibprofen and early pregnancy are very low and that it is a slightly higher risk of complications in the third trimester. I'm sure everything will be fine! Have you had any scans yet?

http://www.otispregnancy.org/files/ibuprofen.pdf This article explains it all a bit and tells you about the "low" risks and how its only "possible" that it does cause this and that. Not proven!

Don't worry, I'm sure all is fine, you know you won't take any from now on

August 2nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
The side effect of that is after birth the baby's circulatory system doesn't start to work correctly, but it's really just the late 2nd and all of the 3rd trimester that you're in danger from that. My nurse told me to just keep away from it in general. I asked because I had sciatica with my last pregnancy.
August 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs
Dont feel bad
Sounds like everything will be ok

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Don't feel bad hun everything will be okay just don't take it anymore. I do know how you feel i'm risking with taking atenolol 25mg but i can't get off it so i'm aware of what can happen.

August 3rd, 2011, 05:22 AM
hoping4more
Like the other ladies said low risk first tri. don't worry. I'm sure it can cause some stress. My PCP just told me I can't take a med. I've been on for years now!
August 3rd, 2011, 06:01 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm on a baby aspirin and Lovenox daily throughout this whole pregnancy - we all know that's not good either, but its a compramise. Otherwise, I could clot and lose the baby. I think so many of the "do this - not that" recommendations are to be taken with a grain of salt. There is a risk, but the risk is low. I think it'll be okay.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
August 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I cannot wait to talk to my doctor tomorrow. Early on in my pregnancy (before we knew I was pregnant) I took 4 imitrex and 3 alieve in one day. I am freaking out. But a smiliar situation happened when pregnant with DD and she is fine. Sending T&P your way.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
August 3rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I think we all have done stuff that we found out later wasn't advisable for baby. There's SO MUCH info out there!
BTW, my SIL took paxil while pregnant. I knew another mommy who had surgery and MAJOR pain killers. So, really, don't beat yourself up.
August 3rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
thanks everyone, feeling a little better now
August 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry, I know it's hard! I freaked myself out with DS bc I had inhaled a ton of vicks vaporub in steaming water for a horrible stuffy nose! Well being over cautious I googled it and it said it can cause birth defects! I freaked bc I was only 8 weeks, well DS turned out perfect! ((hugs))
August 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dont worry you did'nt know, I think if you take Ibuprofen lots of times in pregnancy it can do more harm than just a one off time. so im sure baby is fine.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af came 4 July nz time
August 4th, 2011, 01:14 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Try not to worry. We'll all do something in this pregnancy that we're not supposed to. I was a rebel today and had a roast beef sandwich because I knew the cravings would just get worse until I had one. I'm sure it'll be fine!

August 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
try not to feel bad! It was a mistake and what's important is now you know and you won't take it anymore!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search