Heartbeat appt today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
1st time mama <3
Hello!

I had my 13 w appt today, my GP tried to find a heartbeat and only very scarcely found one. She says she can hear something very faint, and my weight/uterus is a good size so not really hearing a loud heartbeat right now isn't anything to worry about. Am I worried? Not really, I guess.. I am definitely disappointed though because DF finally was able to make it to an appt and we were both really looking forward to hearing it.

She said its not uncommon, apparently, but I was just a little sad. Oh well, try again in a few more weeks I guess.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my second pregnancy we didn't find a heartbeat with a doppler until 17 weeks. The placenta was anterior, located in the front. I also didn't feel her kicking until 21 weeks because of the same reason.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
August 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry u didnt get to hear it bettet
I wouldve been upset also
I had mine today and was upset hubby couldnt make it to my appt.

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EXACTLY the same thing happened to me @ my 13 weeks appointment. I was disappointed and slightly worried also but my midwife wasn't worried AT ALL. So all will be well i'm sure. I even bought a home dopler and have been trying it today with not much luck at all! A few more weeks and Ill be able to pick it up I guess.

August 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i had anterior placenta with my first also and it def made it more difficult. I wouldn't freak out too much.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 3rd, 2011, 03:40 AM
1st time mama <3
Oh! Thank you so much! I feel a lot better!! xo

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 3rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
i would be disappointed to because my DH can't ever make it to my appts and if he could i'd want him to be able to experience that
August 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my last appointment they couldn't find the heart beat with a doppler, and found nothing. It made me feel similar to you. I got all excited at first then nothing...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search